Where's the popcorn emoji when you need it! :crying:
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
As the others mentioned you're going to get a check engine light running no cats and headers with the stock calibration. You're also not going to fully benefit from that setup without a tune as well.

My best recommendation would be to go with the headers, custom tuned device and run E85 if you can to get the best gains. You'll still make great power with 93 octane but the switch to E85 is a night and day difference.

You can get into a nice set of stainless headers like Pypes or Texas Speed for pretty cheap and then all you'll need is the tune and device which we offer from 4 of the top tuners in the industry.
We've got Lund Racing, Palm Beach Dyno, AED and Li Tuning & Racing all under one roof. So take your pick and her rip!

The Texas Speed header setups are in stock at $699.99 which is a smoking deal.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/t...3-headers-with-off-road-connection-pipes.html
6807.jpg

Pypes
https://www.lethalperformance.com/p...offroad-connection-pipes-factory-connect.html
hdr79sk-2-2018-mustang-5-0l-py_5bff1f36.jpg

The Tune Shop!!
https://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2018-2019-ford-mustang-gt-coyote/custom-tunes-2
warehouses1_new.jpg

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Most of these comments are correct in some of what they say but wrong in other parts.

Yes you will get a check engine light for not having cats.
Yes you can run the car and beat the hell out of it without cats, the car is able to compensate for the extra air movement. The car will still keep the AFR's in its safe parameters and not allow the car to run lean.
This has been tested by Lund, VMP, myself and many other companies.
The problem is that you don't gain anything until you get a tune.
I have numerous times of running my car at the track. Before headers ran a solid 12.20 almost every time. After headers the fastest I ever got was a 11.95. I believe it was mostly due from getting a better 60' at a different track.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
You will get a check engine light for downstream O2's, and the fuel trims will likely be off due to the transport delay being screwed.
Agreed. Lethal put up some good information as well.

A Tune is advised.

Catless headers? We have factory widebands in there. When you install headers, I believe that the one set of o2 sensors are moved FURTHER downstream. Causes a lag in that data getting to your computer. Catless also don't let your sensors warm up fast enough and can have an issue keeping them hot. Long Tubes will cool this exhaust flow and change what your computer "thinks" it should read. (this information is from a few HPT sources and books)

The tuner needs...at minimum to change your:
- Transport delay
- Transport time constant
- Closed loop o2 time constant
- Rear Config (depends)
- Heaters
- DTC code disabling

In order to get the MOST out of your headers, you should get a baseline done and have the MAF Period and Spark tuned as well.

compucarnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Jeebus...? If you honestly have to ask what a CEL is you should not be modifying you car. Where do these people come from...?
Took the words right out of my mouth. I've known what a cel light was since like 1998 when I was in high school. smf lol

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
To be fair guys you don't know what you don't know. Not knowing a cel is up there with wanting to go cattless lth with no tune. Maybe he's just looking for knowledge on the platform... <=== devils advocate...

turboluke9000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrapped Base Mustang GT
To piggyback off this, running catless on the stock tune should be ok for a short drive from exhaust shop to dyno or to home right? No need to flash a tune right at the exhaust shop?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
To piggyback off this, running catless on the stock tune should be ok for a short drive from exhaust shop to dyno or to home right? No need to flash a tune right at the exhaust shop?
That's fine. But if it was me. I'd just buy a handheld tuner. And load a mail order tune myself after the headers are installed.
Sponsored