Sponsored

Stock resonator with MBRP Race tailpipe

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 mustang V6 -> 2016 GTPP 6M
Hi guys,

I currently have MBRP Race Catback with H-pipe, and planning to do some works on it to kill drone and reducing Cabin noise as this is my DD.

I knew it drones, but, did not expect this much. So, I am even planning to switch back to my stock one.

So, I have been thinking how to kill drone and keeping this exhaust tone.

I could go with Borla or Corsa, however, i personally don't like the rasp sound.

So, please don't tell me to go with them.. ( I might have to if this is only option i have).

While researching for solution, I came up with this weird idea.

How about switching H-pipe to Stock resonator and connect to MBRP muffler? just like Axleback.

There is size different, however, I could use adapter or even welding to solve that problem.

Can you guys give me some good idea??

Thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Several people have placed bullet mufflers or glasspacks in the midsection to tone down the system, would be much lighter than that suitcase resonator.

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several people have placed bullet mufflers or glasspacks in the midsection to tone down the system, would be much lighter than that suitcase resonator.
Appreciate your reply.

I want to hear the sound, but, can't find sound clips anywhere.

Weight is not my main concern tho. Drone/interior loudness are major issue..

I could use H-pipe and stock muffler too? But i still prefer MBRP muffler..

I live in Canada where options are very little..need your guys' help!

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
How long have you have the MBRP race on for? I noticed a bit of drone on mine for the first maybe 100 miles but it broke in nicely and really doesn't drone at all now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long have you have the MBRP race on for? I noticed a bit of drone on mine for the first maybe 100 miles but it broke in nicely and really doesn't drone at all now.
I bought it used. Besides, i already put 1000km on it already.

How did you install it without drone??

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a great option and it works very well.
I saw a thread about gibson exhaust with drone. OP used 2 bullets in midsection.

Might be stupid question, but, does 2 bullets in midsection mean 2 additional mufflers in midsection instead of hpipe.?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I saw a thread about gibson exhaust with drone. OP used 2 bullets in midsection.

Might be stupid question, but, does 2 bullets in midsection mean 2 additional mufflers in midsection instead of hpipe.?
H pipe or X pipe is still there but right after it there are now two bullet style resonators welded or clamped on right after the h pipe one on each side.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
For the record, the "rasp" you speak of with Corsa is with the Xtreme system. The "Sport" system does not have the rasp. Actually it has a much deeper, throaty rumble with absolutely zero drone. I know this because I just installed mine about 2 weeks ago. Absolutely love it! The only down side, of course, is the cost (I bought mine used from a friend).

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Guess I'll chime in as I too have the MBRP Race mufflers...drone on the highways was intolerable. So when I had my headers installed I had two Dynomax bullets placed aft of the X-Pipe (had my H replaced with an X) based on recommendations from Terminator2 and a few other members here on the forum.

Car sounds great but there is the raspy sound depending on what RPM/gear I'm in - but NO DRONE.

If you are hellbent on keeping your race mufflers, which I can relate to - your best option IMO is to install 2 bullet mufflers...

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Guess I'll chime in as I too have the MBRP Race mufflers...drone on the highways was intolerable. So when I had my headers installed I had two Dynomax bullets placed aft of the X-Pipe (had my H replaced with an X) based on recommendations from Terminator2 and a few other members here on the forum.

Car sounds great but there is the raspy sound depending on what RPM/gear I'm in - but NO DRONE.

If you are hellbent on keeping your race mufflers, which I can relate to - your best option IMO is to install 2 bullet mufflers...
If it's still a bit raspy cut the mprp mufflers off and put two more bullets in their place. That will kill the remaining rasp. :)

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
If it's still a bit raspy cut the mprp mufflers off and put two more bullets in their place. That will kill the remaining rasp. :)
:cheers:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My replacements for my muffler deletes. 12" long case 2.5" inlet and outlet. I just have to have them welded on. For their size dynomax bullets do an amazing job of controlling excessive sound, drone and rasp. The very thick case compared to most mufflers keeps the sound out of the cab well and the packing kills rasp well. Tips are 4.5" so bigger than the bullets 4" case.
102m7ft.jpg

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
I like! My set-up is a true 3 inch system so I will go with the 3" inlet/outlet...wish the tips were in black but I can rock the chrome tips again.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I like! My set-up is a true 3 inch system so I will go with the 3" inlet/outlet...wish the tips were in black but I can rock the chrome tips again.
The tips are separate I already had them I just slid them on for the picture although they will welded on something like that. You might be able to reuse your existing tips with the bullets.
Sponsored