Stock Resonator vs Borla Resonator

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I think it depends how many cells are in the opf, most sport catted headers will be only 200 cells which is enough to get rid of the smell of fumes. I think the factory opf is 400-600 cells which is very restrictive.
I have LTH and 200 cell cats....my car fails emissions by miles.. No smells though:like:
Sponsored

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I have LTH and 200 cell cats....my car fails emissions by miles.. No smells though:like:
Haha yea the no smell thing is important, I never owned a car long enough to take it to inspection lol šŸ˜‚

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@Enoch

I'm awaiting delivery of LTH.

I was going to go 200 cell CATs, but a friend who owns a garage repair workshop told me he had seen 200 cell, hi flow CATs, with their matrix inside, burnt away.

Have you checked that you CATs still have their cell matrix intact?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
@Enoch

I'm awaiting delivery of LTH.

I was going to go 200 cell CATs, but a friend who owns a garage repair workshop told me he had seen 200 cell, hi flow CATs, with their matrix inside, burnt away.

Have you checked that you CATs still have their cell matrix intact?
No havenā€™t checked. But they failed the first MOT when brand new.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's my understanding that the Ford Perfromance by Borla resonator is louder than the Borla resonator. The Ford is said to have no packing, where the Borla has packing. This would apply to the US ones. I don't know if the EU ones are different.
Yes, the EU version is full of packing, similar to the Borla version but with a longer body, so the quietest of the 3.
Sponsored