Stock Resonator vs Borla Resonator

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
I have the borla touring car back. zero drone, nice deep noise.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
I have the borla touring car back. zero drone, nice deep noise.
so you have it with the borla resonator?

can you confirm the muffler is the same muffler as the s type?

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Went from x pipe to borla resonator due to rasp - rasp whent. Stock resonator ways a ton.

Go for it

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
so you have it with the borla resonator?

can you confirm the muffler is the same muffler as the s type?
Yes, it is the borla resonator.
Probably best to ask borla about the muffler's.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it is the borla resonator.
Probably best to ask borla about the muffler's.
i dropped them a message already, will report back here with what they say when they get back to me

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah, the resonator on their Touring kit replaces the x-pipe on the S-Type ... supposed to be a straight swap. Do that and you'll make your S-Type a Touring.

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
This touches upon some of my anxiety about the exhaust. I have decided on a Corsa Sport Catback. A lot of this was based on [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] 's multiple videos. It seems like it can be quite civilised when it needs to be. My plan is to have it fitted at Modurstang, then if after a couple of weeks it is too loud for me, put the original exhaust back in and install the Axelback bit. This would then be as if it was the Touring Axelback. I know it costs more to have the catback but I feel a bit better if there is a way out if it feels too loud!

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the resonator on their Touring kit replaces the x-pipe on the S-Type ... supposed to be a straight swap. Do that and you'll make your S-Type a Touring.
I only got the axle back and have the stock resonator, so from my understanding im actually quieter than the full touring system!

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This touches upon some of my anxiety about the exhaust. I have decided on a Corsa Sport Catback. A lot of this was based on [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] 's multiple videos. It seems like it can be quite civilised when it needs to be. My plan is to have it fitted at Modurstang, then if after a couple of weeks it is too loud for me, put the original exhaust back in and install the Axelback bit. This would then be as if it was the Touring Axelback. I know it costs more to have the catback but I feel a bit better if there is a way out if it feels too loud!
i just wanted mine a little louder, so i went the other way round - got the axle back, and if needed to make it louder, then was gonna purchase an H or X pipe. but there is no way ! the axle back is PLENTY loud.

I think if you have reservations i would just get the axle back to begin with

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
Hi
I bought Borla Touring with resonator. I thought it was too loud initially - some folks say 10% louder than stock - nup, no-way - lot more than that when you open it up - maybe 40% (very subjective measure obviously). But its carboned up a bit now after 1500klms, I am a bit more used to it and its characterful. Yes you know its always there but it never drones - no matter what revs or throttle openings. You can tell its there on the highway but no drone. I don't think it rasps at high revs, so if I am not thinking that then it doesn't. The Borla video is quite good but I would say its louder than the impression you get from the video - maybe I didn't turn the sound up!
Good luck with your choice.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi
I bought Borla Touring with resonator. I thought it was too loud initially - some folks say 10% louder than stock - nup, no-way - lot more than that when you open it up - maybe 40% (very subjective measure obviously). But its carboned up a bit now after 1500klms, I am a bit more used to it and its characterful. Yes you know its always there but it never drones - no matter what revs or throttle openings. You can tell its there on the highway but no drone. I don't think it rasps at high revs, so if I am not thinking that then it doesn't. The Borla video is quite good but I would say its louder than the impression you get from the video - maybe I didn't turn the sound up!
Good luck with your choice.
to me the s type cat back audio demo sounds more like the touring (if that is indeed what i have got)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I've got the full FRPP By Borla Touring. Maybe this photo (the best I've got) will give a better idea of the system.

Part No: M5200M8TC

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've been reading about this "drone" problem for a while now. I replaced my 22 lb. resonator with a true "cut an clamp" SVE X-pipe. I have no drone, yes it's not loud and has a little rasp when I rev it up but the 15 lb. weight loss was my goal. Now if I can find a lighter axle-back I'll continue my exhaust setup but this drone issue is not desirable, I had Bassani's on my Cyclone and had to throttle control the drone.

GAstallion82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I know this thread is old but I want to post in hopes of helping someone else. I installed headers and h pipe thinking they would bring out the sound a good bit more out of the gt500 dual style mufflers and it did but not enough for me. I then bought the 2013 frpp quads by borla and they were way too loud so then I put the stock resonator back on and it did a decent job quieting it but cold starts were still rough. I must also admit not having the h pipe I lost tone in the mid rpms so I installed the borla resonator 60661 mine was a h pipe and it actually made the car quieter than the stock resonator much better startups but very throaty tone now and great tone through the whole band and louder than what the volume was with the 500s but throatier and sweeter unbelievably than the 500s. If you like sound our the 500s but want more of it get this setup never have I gotten so many compliments verbal and nonverbal.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
I bought the quad tip exhaust Ford Performance by Borla it was the touring version found it too quiet with the Borla resonator so swapped it out for xpipe the resonator is in the loft did less than 300 miles on the car lol
Sponsored