Stock Intake and a tune vs CAI and tune 2018 GT

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm wondering if removing the air box snout then install the Big Mouth, re-install air box snout would provide enough clearance to finagle it in. The 50th Anniversary grill honey combs are already more open than other grill styles, but there are more that could be opened also. I can look directly into the Steeda air box by looking thru the grill.
The Big Mouth sits in that slot from the front and focuses more air directly into that box. I think you will still have to install it by pulling the bumper.

Picture for reference.
IMG_20180109_181713.jpg
Sponsored

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
The Big Mouth sits in that slot from the front and focuses more air directly into that box. I think you will still have to install it by pulling the bumper.
I believe you are correct. My concern is my grill without the triangular pockets means the Big Mouth may be too long meaning not enough space between grill and air box snout. Hopefully Velossatech will reply to my email inquiry.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
@Zelek what other closed box CAI are available?

I want to run a 93 tune and an e85 tune. Would stuck run an e85 tune well?
If you are considering separate e85r and 93 tunes then the Steeda could still be an option. The maf turbulence and idle variation are detrimental for a flex tune but if running straight tunes it's not really an issue.
@BmacIL get that flex from Shaun already ! :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you are considering separate e85r and 93 tunes then the Steeda could still be an option. The maf turbulence and idle variation are detrimental for a flex tune but if running straight tunes it's not really an issue.
@BmacIL get that flex from Shaun already ! :)
I will in the spring! There's this thing called winter here that I know you guys don't experience :giggle:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I will in the spring! There's this thing called winter here that I know you guys don't experience :giggle:
That thing you call winter is race season here! The summers are silly hot though. Hence the want for a closed box setup that led me down the steeda journey originally before the flex scenario became clear through testing.

Worth the wait though, I'm sure you have an idea what you're in for !

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
I would love to see quarter mile differences between an E85 tune using the stock airbox with an aftermarket high flow filter versus an E85 tune using a full aftermarket CAI. I have a feeling that the difference would be small but I could be wrong.
No track comparison, but my '18 A10 with headers made 452rwhp on E70 and stock air box at 5530' altitude. Installed a PMAS tune required and made 470rwhp. PBD email tune by Trevor Berkheiser. Got the PMAS on sale and a discount code at Lethal Performance well under $300...
Sponsored