Stock GT Premium spring to PP springs

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Has anyone done this change? I was given a set recently and I am planning on installing soon. Anyone feel and/or see a difference? Change in ride height?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Derek's GT

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that info. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I will look into replacing the struts and shocks as well. I'm trying to slightly improve my convertible, but no to the level of a track car.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I too have a ‘16 vert and went with Koni Actives on the stock springs and it is an improvement on ride quality. I then test drove a ‘19 GT vert back to back and the ‘19 rode slightly better. Both identical non-pp on 18” wheels.

From what I’ve read Ford revised the struts and shocks in 2018.

If I had to do it again I’d probably just go with the new revised oe struts/springs on the front and new oe shocks on the rear.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Has anyone done this change? I was given a set recently and I am planning on installing soon. Anyone feel and/or see a difference? Change in ride height?
Spring alone will make things worse - the struts / shocks will not be able to damp them adequately. And you will see very little difference from springs along while taking labor expense of having them replaced (since struts have to come out of the car to do that).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Derek's GT

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input fellas. I have some more exploring to do before i add these springs.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Mustang GT Convertible & we replaced the suspension package to dual rates springs & the active shocks & struts. For better ride quality - the progressives & the actives will give you a great ride.

Let me know if I can put you in touch with a build expert to help assist with your build!

TJ

OP
OP
Derek's GT

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019 Mustang GT Convertible & we replaced the suspension package to dual rates springs & the active shocks & struts. For better ride quality - the progressives & the actives will give you a great ride.

Let me know if I can put you in touch with a build expert to help assist with your build!

TJ
Thanks sir.
Sponsored