Sponsored

Stock GT PP suspension worth anything?

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I bought a 2016 GT PP new in 2016 and swapped out entire suspension with the Ford Racing Performance Track Pack suspension at less than 1000 miles. I put all the stock 2016 PP suspension (complete assembled struts/springs, sway bars, rear shocks and springs) into the the three boxes the FRP suspension came in. These three huge boxes are still taking up space in my garage, even after I moved three years ago. I'm just curious if the GT PP suspension is worth anything. I currently have a 2019 GT PP1, and I assume that the suspension is identical to what is under my current car. If it's not worth anything, then I guess I could always keep them for when the stock suspension on my 2019 wears out.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I bought a 2016 GT PP new in 2016 and swapped out entire suspension with the Ford Racing Performance Track Pack suspension at less than 1000 miles. I put all the stock 2016 PP suspension (complete assembled struts/springs, sway bars, rear shocks and springs) into the the three boxes the FRP suspension came in. These three huge boxes are still taking up space in my garage, even after I moved three years ago. I'm just curious if the GT PP suspension is worth anything. I currently have a 2019 GT PP1, and I assume that the suspension is identical to what is under my current car. If it's not worth anything, then I guess I could always keep them for when the stock suspension on my 2019 wears out.
Not much, probably mostly the Shocks. But it is fairly common for stock cars to sell for more used than modified cars, so if you have room, store them in case you want to swap them back on before selling the car.

Look at the FP Street Suspension package, as it is mostly PP hardware. But the big draw to it is probably the non PP lowering springs, and the lowering from the base suspension to PP is somewhere between little and nothing.

OP
OP
Crowd Hunter

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I already sold the car with the Ford Performance suspension. Now I have a new PP car and an entire stock PP suspension in boxes.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I already sold the car with the Ford Performance suspension. Now I have a new PP car and an entire stock PP suspension in boxes.
Give the suspension in boxes to the person that bought the car.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sell it.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Put it on craigslist or ebay and see what happens. Could be someone needs to rebuild a wreck or damaged car. What's to lose trying? Or, if it's worth nothing/too much trouble, etc save it for later or give it to a high school technical school or just toss it...

Scrappydue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 oxford 400a carbon package
How much would you want to sell it for? I just bought my first mustang and really wanted a PP1 but couldn’t find the “right one” when searching. So got a non PP.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The only thing I save that I took off is the stock exhaust. On my 15’ GT I returned the exhaust back to stock before I traded it.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I have a basement full of stuff off my PP1, including the complete suspension. I think I'd give it away just to get rid of it.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a basement full of stuff off my PP1, including the complete suspension. I think I'd give it away just to get rid of it.
That’s very kind of you! I hope these guys message your kindness.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Same here. You come to pick it up and it’s yours. Free

OP
OP
Crowd Hunter

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
The only thing I save that I took off is the stock exhaust. On my 15’ GT I returned the exhaust back to stock before I traded it.
I still have the stock exhaust off my 2016 too. I can't bring myself to haul it to the dump.

OP
OP
Crowd Hunter

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Used suspension is normally not worth much
Yep, even with nearly zero miles and like new. I never even drove the car in the rain. I think I'll probably order lowering springs and use the front struts so I don't have to take apart the ones in the car now. I just have to believe the PP suspension is better than the stock V6 suspension.
Sponsored