Stock GT Exhaust on V6 Mustang

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Do your best to keep it in one peace that way there will be know exhaust leeks at all
Sponsored

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
I personally don't see any benefits of cutting the system up-
I did the swap and highly recommend it.
That being said- My buddies truck was broken down when I got my exhaust system- so I rented a UHaul van and used that.
If you have someone with a truck- ask a favor, if not- Home Depot rents trucks also, I think it's like $20 if you can get it back in 90 minutes.
Remember- the advantage is the pipes are bigger and the mufflers sound better.
Good Luck !!!!

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Thanks for all the input you guys! It's gonna be a 4 hour commute round trip so I'll see if I can figure something out. If not wait and hopefully I can find one closer

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I had planned on installing an H-pipe from the start so when I picked mine up I cut it at the resonator, maybe 2"s behind it. Transporting it in 3 pieces was pretty easy but most likely more than the trunk will hold. I kept the resonator and when my H-pipe arrived I was able to measure and cut to fit.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Actually it will fit (it was hilarious watching me and the lovely looking lady I bought mine from load it in the car :lol:). Unfold the rear seats and carefully load the resonator side in first. The trunk will not close and you will have to use bungee cords to keep the trunk down. The exhaust will stick out of the car but I don't know if I would recommend that for a 4 hour trip. Mine was only a 15 minute trip. If your laws are similar to here, you could tie a red flag around it to warn people to keep their distance. **Once again not recommended but doable. :)

Sponsored

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I did this swap last year on my '15 V6 before moving to a '15 GT.
Great mod, if anyone in the Lake Havasu area is looking for one, I might have one.
Still looking at cat back systems for my GT.

Gtannenb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
So I attempted to install the GT exhaust on my 2016 convertible. Jacked up my car and noticed that there is additional braking in the way of removing and replacing the stock exhaust. It is too much for me to remove safely. Oh well on this upgrade.

If anyone is looking for a GT exhaust and live near Long Island, NY, let me know. Will sell for $50.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
This swap does not work with 11-14 3.7 right?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
So I attempted to install the GT exhaust on my 2016 convertible. Jacked up my car and noticed that there is additional braking in the way of removing and replacing the stock exhaust. It is too much for me to remove safely. Oh well on this upgrade.

If anyone is looking for a GT exhaust and live near Long Island, NY, let me know. Will sell for $50.
You do not need to remove it. Take out the back outer bolts. Leave the center one holding the brace together. Then move forward and loosen all the other bolts,but do not take out. You can then pull down the bracing enough to slide exhaust in. It will take 2 sets of hands, though. :cheers:

Remedy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang convertable V6 051A Black
You do not need to remove it. Take out the back outer bolts. Leave the center one holding the brace together. Then move forward and loosen all the other bolts,but do not take out. You can then pull down the bracing enough to slide exhaust in. It will take 2 sets of hands, though. :cheers:
2 sets of hands will really help alot. With your convertible you are going to have a chassis brace to remove also. I think you will like the upgrade.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
This swap does not work with 11-14 3.7 right?

It will but youll need a custom tune. Its not like the s550 in that respect. My buddy with a s197 went through all kinds of tunes and data logs before he got his running right

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
I did the swap on Sunday on my driveway. Went from muffler deletes to the Gt catback. Quite happy with it, it really complements the roush intake way better than the stock v6 pipes. Miss the wake the neighbors up kinda loud but don't miss the drone one bit. The car also feels better than it did with the muffler delete. Thanks [MENTION=25390]new302[/MENTION] for the catback!

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I actually enjoyed the tame sound of stock but it did leave more to be desired.
I'm guessing the GT Exhaust is a stronger sounding version of our stock exhaust which would be perfect for me.

Currently im running FM Outlaws w/ custom H-pipe. This setup is damn near perfect up until I hit the 3.5-4k mark in which it starts sounding like a screaming tin can. I stopped driving fast because Im afraid of that tin can sound. Even turned off my Pedalcommander.
idle - 1.5k: is this a v8? lots of lublublublub
1.5k - 3.5k: is this a gtr? lots of clakclakclak
3.5k+: is this a screaming tin can? lots of EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I know the GT exhaust wont be as loud as my current set up but im not looking for that. Someone said the GT exhaust sounds classy and it should have came stock on our cars, that's all I need.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Just got this installed today on my v6 today. I think this may be the perfect sound for our 6 bangers. At start up its pretty quiet, once you step on it you get a nice deep tone.

I had outlaws+hpipe prior to this and that was LOUD, grumble on the low end but screaming tin can on the top end lol. I loved it because of the grumble but hated the high pitch tin can sound when getting on it. The gt oem catback is definitely quieter than that set up but now it stays deep throughout the powerband which is what ive been wanting and there is no drone.

The ride definitely feels smoother and i felt a bit of a power bump, i dont think its a placebo effect...but i could be wrong. I dont think ill be wanting to change a thing on the exhaust for a while.

Last edited: