Stock fuel system limits for pump gas

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Looking to do the first set of mods on my car and want to hit 800whp on pump gas. Anybody know when you run out of fuel on the stock injectors? My thoughts are lethal race pipes, jlt intake, 2.85 pulley, palm beach dyno tune should get me there or very close on 93, or am I wrong? Is there other parts I should be considering to get me there?
Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Looking to do the first set of mods on my car and want to hit 800whp on pump gas. Anybody know when you run out of fuel on the stock injectors? My thoughts are lethal race pipes, jlt intake, 2.85 pulley, palm beach dyno tune should get me there or very close on 93, or am I wrong? Is there other parts I should be considering to get me there?
From what I've been told, you can get close. PBD 93 tune on my car is 780. In theory, a 780 car is intake, 2.65 pulley, race pipes and ID1000's. E85 will get you about 850 with the same setup

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
From what I've been told, you can get close. PBD 93 tune on my car is 780. In theory, a 780 car is intake, 2.65 pulley, race pipes and ID1000's. E85 will get you about 850 with the same setup
Is a 2.65 pulley pushing it on pump gas? I want to be able to take my car to mid ohio still and not worry about blowing it up from too much boost on pump.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Is a 2.65 pulley pushing it on pump gas? I want to be able to take my car to mid ohio still and not worry about blowing it up from too much boost on pump.
Not if you have enough fuel, hence the injectors, but it is at the top of reliable power from what I've been told.
If you want to stay pump gas and be completely safe, get the rails in addition to injectors

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Not if you have enough fuel, hence the injectors, but it is at the top of reliable power from what I've been told.
If you want to stay pump gas and be completely safe, get the rails in addition to injectors
Gotcha, so stock injectors and 2.85 would be ok in fueling just might be more like 750-770whp?

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Gotcha, so stock injectors and 2.85 would be ok in fueling just might be more like 750-770whp?
Sounds about right. All depends on dyno used for your power levels. Maybe a tiny bit less

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
there's always the 2.75 as well. i ran that for a long time on pump.
What kind of power where you making with it on pump gas? Stock fuel system at the time?

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
Cold air, 2.85, ported blower, 105mm throttle body, Id 1050s, fuel rails, tstat, catless, 93 octane...812hp.
I'm sure there are other recipes but this is mine. No complaints

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
At the time, all i had was intake, 2.75, catless and id1050's, made mid/upper 7xx's PBD tuned
If i do a 2.75 Are the injectors necessary? Im looking to do this as a first step mod. Later down the road ill go with 1300s and e85 so i want to avoid buying 1050s if possible just to sell them early next season.

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
I think the consensus advice is to ask your tuner what they recommend for the recipe to meet your short term and long term goals. I think the consensus advice as it relates to fuel is to air on the side of caution which means making sure you have enough fuel now and later. I personally wouldn't do any mods if I wasn't going to upgrade fuel parts....injectors, rails, etc. "that's just me." A cold air, tune, lethal pipes, and one size smaller on pulley and you might be okay with stock fuel setup, BUT ask the tuner. I am pretty sure PBD has done videos discussing their recipes and the hp levels they achieved. Lund even did a video early on that explained simple mods and fuel and hp levels.

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
I think the consensus advice is to ask your tuner what they recommend for the recipe to meet your short term and long term goals. I think the consensus advice as it relates to fuel is to air on the side of caution which means making sure you have enough fuel now and later. I personally wouldn't do any mods if I wasn't going to upgrade fuel parts....injectors, rails, etc. "that's just me." A cold air, tune, lethal pipes, and one size smaller on pulley and you might be okay with stock fuel setup, BUT ask the tuner. I am pretty sure PBD has done videos discussing their recipes and the hp levels they achieved. Lund even did a video early on that explained simple mods and fuel and hp levels.
Thanks I will have to give palm beach dyno a call and see what I should do first!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
If i do a 2.75 Are the injectors necessary? Im looking to do this as a first step mod. Later down the road ill go with 1300s and e85 so i want to avoid buying 1050s if possible just to sell them early next season.
If your calling PBD ( smart man) let em know "iconic" sent you ;)

I believe, if your not planning on E85, stock injectors may be fine with intake/pulley/exhaust.... MAY, dont quote me on that as fact, ask the pro's
Sponsored