Sponsored

Stock exhaust with a cat delete - anyone have?

aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
I'm going to be running E85 and going be opting with a MAK cat delete/off road performance pipes as the E85/supercharger is going to be eating up my cats sooner than later.

My question: is anyone running cat delete with stock headers/muffler/exhaust system? Any pros/cons?

I'm not looking for my car to be super loud, which is why I'm opting out of going with aftermarket cat/axle-back systems on top of the cat delete I'm going to be doing. So, I wanted to get some input from those who are running only cat delete with the stock exhaust or any recommendations on what exhaust system will go good with the cat delete and not have my car super loud.
Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I'm getting the MAK cat-delete put on in a few weeks. I currently have the Borla S-Type catback system along with the Borla resonator. Basically it's a 3" Borla Touring setup, rather than 2.5", that the true Borla Touring is. Anyhow, I'm hoping that the quietest Borla catback, paired with the Borla resonator, will keep the volume tolerable at 4:30 A.M. With my current configuration, it's nice and mellow. I would imagine that with the complete stock system, it will be fine.

I've seen a few video clips of people with aftermarket catbacks paired with the OEM resonator, along with a cat-delete and the volume was fine. But fine to me, maybe loud to another.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
With stock catback its more than tolerable. Its really mild. Which is a great way to start. Its easier to get the sound you want starting like that than the other way around. Going offroad makes some catbacks unbearable.
Sponsored