Sponsored

Stock exhaust. What to do with it?

natea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Oxford White
I just swapped out my stock exhaust with a race MBRP (sounds freakin awesome), but was wondering what to do with my stock exhaust. Keep it, toss it, try to sell it? I really don't want to just throw it away, but that thing is huge and takes up a lot of space and I really don't think anyone needs a stock exhaust for a 15 yet. What do you guys recommend?
Sponsored

A Polite Canadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT 6MT
I just swapped out my stock exhaust with a race MBRP (sounds freakin awesome), but was wondering what to do with my stock exhaust. Keep it, toss it, try to sell it? I really don't want to just throw it away, but that thing is huge and takes up a lot of space and I really don't think anyone needs a stock exhaust for a 15 yet. What do you guys recommend?
Toss it for sale online. If you can't sell it by the time you need the space, take it to a scrap yard for a few dollars.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
sell it.. use the money for other mods =)

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
keep it somewhere bro. its worth more than your mbrp, especially when you go to sell the car in 5 years

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am going to try and keep mine. Indeed, if you do sell the car in the future, it's preferred to put the stock parts back on and sell the mods separately.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it's not.
mbrp aluminized from beefcake = $520 shipped
new stock catback from ford - $630~ + shipping

so if you want to get technical, it is depending which version you get of the mbrp. but a car with no mods that looks clean, will sell for more than a slightly modified car 95% of the time.

Having exhaust, intake, etc. will just show the buyer you cared about that stuff and probably drove the shit out of the car. A lot more than a grandpa with a 100% stock GT car that just let ford do all scheduled maintenance.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
sold mine for $40 picked up.

if i need to swap back to stock i'll buy for $40. there are tons of people taking that pile of junk off their cars.

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol no one is putting a worth of 630 for a stock exhaust.
please try to quit being so hard headed. you're wrong, it's done, no more to discuss. a car with an mbrp catback will be worth less to 95% of buyers compared to a stock exhaust. simple as that. but a stock exhaust is worth keeping. hell, throw it in your attic you wont need it for a few years.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
sold mine for $40 picked up.

if i need to swap back to stock i'll buy for $40. there are tons of people taking that pile of junk off their cars.
Exactly.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
It's funny. The guys trying to sell performance pack wheels for $2k because the replacement cost from the dealer is $3000 or some dumb number, all of a sudden don't see the value in a factory cat back!!!!!

Odd to say the least

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Store it for when you decide to sell/trade the car later. People are much more likely to buy a stock car than a modified one. Keep all your stock parts, then when you change cars later remove the aftermarket ones and sell them to finance the mods to the new ride.

I learned to do this a long time back.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
ask yourself if you would pay 600 dollars for "STOCK" Cat back... lmao... SMH

if you decide to store it.. better wrap it good before rust starts to build... learned it the hard way before... if its the stock catback i would sell it.. and if you decide to sell your car then the new catback you have adds value...

if it was rims, headers, CAI those i would save the stock ones... youll need those later on..
Sponsored