Stock exhaust manifold rattle

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone had any issues with the passenger side flex pipe section on the stock manifold rattling? Or the clamp on the driver side exhaust manifold? Both located after the CATs
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I had to have mine replaced recently. It was creating a very annoying metallic rattle at idle and certain rpms.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had this problem! But couldn't quite figure out exactly what it was. I hated the rattle so much I got longtubes.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
It was my resonator.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine rattles on cold start and also when I rev it, I've went under car and when I bang on passenger side cat I can hear rattling inside it but not on drivers side, Noise is very annoying.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Mine rattles on cold start and also when I rev it, I've went under car and when I bang on passenger side cat I can hear rattling inside it but not on drivers side, Noise is very annoying.
Vibrant 2.25", 4" long flex pipe. Shop or anyone competent welding exhaust can do it pretty cheap.

OP
OP

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had this problem! But couldn't quite figure out exactly what it was. I hated the rattle so much I got longtubes.
I want to do this also but I don’t want to spend the $1500 lol. What did everyone else do to fix the issue? Go to the dealer? Or after market flex pipe?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I want to do this also but I don’t want to spend the $1500 lol. What did everyone else do to fix the issue? Go to the dealer? Or after market flex pipe?
Took it to an exhaust shop with an aftermarket flex pipe in hand. If you're still well within warranty you could try the dealer. I self-diagnosed and confirmed my issue was the flex pipe (pushed on it while the engine was running and the sound went away, also I could see a tear). I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to bring to a dealer though.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What did you end up doing?

Sponsored
OP
OP

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nothing yet. Debating taking to dealer but also debating welding after market flex pipe in. Looking for more info from others who had his issue

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing yet. Debating taking to dealer but also debating welding after market flex pipe in. Looking for more info from others who had his issue
Fwiw I paid $130 including the flex pipe cost to get mine put in. A little on the higher side but you could expect that number to be around $100-140 including the part. Less than 30 minutes of work total.

OP
OP

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Fwiw I paid $130 including the flex pipe cost to get mine put in. A little on the higher side but you could expect that number to be around $100-140 including the part. Less than 30 minutes of work total.
And all rattles are gone? I hear my rattle when i blip the throttle up to about 1500rpm. And under mild acceleration and decel around 2k rpms.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And all rattles are gone? I hear my rattle when i blip the throttle up to about 1500rpm. And under mild acceleration and decel around 2k rpms.
All gone. I had exactly the same issue. Exactly.

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Same on my 16 GT, rattle from passenger cats when I shook it... gonna try to verify again this weekend it isn't the flex
Sponsored