Sponsored

Stock air box bigger intake tube

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
And just think of tipping your toe into the gas pedal...like mentioned..its something you notice driving around tow..and going through the gears
Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Quick search for a oil catch can/separator for the v6 did not show much. The JLT looks like it is a solid product but with it just hanging between both hose connections I feel it would be difficult to just hang a breather on it. Has anyone seen a kit that has a mounting bracket for the can?

Also a quick glance a Super Six motors show using two K&N breathers. Where has everyone ordered theirs from?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Quick search for a oil catch can/separator for the v6 did not show much. The JLT looks like it is a solid product but with it just hanging between both hose connections I feel it would be difficult to just hang a breather on it. Has anyone seen a kit that has a mounting bracket for the can?

Also a quick glance a Super Six motors show using two K&N breathers. Where has everyone ordered theirs from?
That's why I did not go with the JLT. There's no real bracket and you no quick and feasible way to fab up a quick bracket. This leaves you with no clean way to mount it once you put a breather on one side (since it's no longer hooked to the manifold). Instead I went with the OBX which has a nice bracket, baffle, and it's easy to put a breather on one side. The only con is it doesn't twist apart to empty; you just have to flip it over to empty it out. It should take a long time for the can to fill up anyways if your motor is healthy so that did not bother me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Air-Oil...ash=item2a541c61a9:g:jpMAAOxyDEVSbEXQ&vxp=mtr

I ordered my breathers from Ebay, you can use any breather of your choice that fits.

attachment.jpg

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Ok, heres my V2 pipe. It fits much nicer. Ill keep this one for me...it has a few blems i dont mind living with for my own car. I already started on lag's pipe, amd the clamps should be in this weekend. So it should be in the mail next week for sure
20160824_170750.jpg

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Btw....just race tested haha. Pulled out on the street and a new wrx was all up on me. Luckily, he followed me to the frwy onramp...40 to 125, i pulled a good car on him. I knew he wasnt stock...he followed me to the circle k to ask about my car haha. Said it sounded mean....im like...not bad for a v6 huh? Then hes like....oh....its a v6...hahahahhaaahahaha suuuuck it! He had a full cobb stg2 setup on his car.....sorry bro....maybe next time. Good thing i dont have 373s cause i would have wasted him lol. I was stoked...ol bruce gave him a good run!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lagformance

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Going to make me want the bbk shorties... there are so many boobarus out here in Utah. And all are staged and always say they beat the whole world..

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Shorties really deepen the sound and get some some mid range power

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
275 shipped with all the hardware, valve cover breather, and block off plate for the muffler on the air box

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Ford550, it looks great! If you decide to make a few just let me know!

Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Feedit, thanks for the tips. I do have a general question for those with a catch can. What do you do with the oil from the can? With an oil change every 7500 miles do we need to add oil in between?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Feedit, thanks for the tips. I do have a general question for those with a catch can. What do you do with the oil from the can? With an oil change every 7500 miles do we need to add oil in between?
No problem. No you do not have to add oil in between changes. This would have been oil residue that would have been burned back into the combustion process due to the PCV system regardless (the system has to evacuate one way or the other, no stopping it). Hard to give an exact interval, the can takes a long time to fill up and I am not even on my first oil change yet (with only 2K on odo.). Best advice I can give is check it midway or so between changes.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
so as a experiement, I deleted the pcv on the passenger side, and im running a breather. I ran this setup a long time ago before the jlt separator. I monitored IAT's, AF ratios mpg, and over all feel. really not much to show, so ill just be putting the jlt back on, and keeping the breather on the driver side. I have however blocked off the vent tube that comes from the vacuum tree to the inlet pipe. no changes there....and im still trying to figure out just what that was supposed to do anyways lol

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Here in a couple months I'll have some of the coldest IAT's around...without having to do anything....muhahaha. But then the salt will hit the roads and my car will be hibernating for the winter.

I am interested in getting some of these valve cover breathers, and I sourced a stock airbox I can modify. Your carbon fiber tubes look good!

OP
OP
Lagformance

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
so as a experiement, I deleted the pcv on the passenger side, and im running a breather. I ran this setup a long time ago before the jlt separator. I monitored IAT's, AF ratios mpg, and over all feel. really not much to show, so ill just be putting the jlt back on, and keeping the breather on the driver side. I have however blocked off the vent tube that comes from the vacuum tree to the inlet pipe. no changes there....and im still trying to figure out just what that was supposed to do anyways lol
Isn't the ait sensor just before that connection with the valve cover on the intake manifold?
Sponsored