Stock Active w X-pipe vs Corsa Extreme Active

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm getting a Corsa Extreme Active Exhaust tomorrow. I've read that people were having issues with actuator valves rattling, fitment of the tips in the valance, etc. With those considered, is it worth switching from Stock Active Exhaust with resonator delete (X-pipe)? My primary reason for getting the Corsa is little more volume and better looking tips.

I haven't found much info on this so looking for feedback from people who swapped from Stock AE w/ X-pipe to the Corsa Extreme AE w/ double X-pipe.

Thanks
Sponsored

csimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm getting a Corsa Extreme Active Exhaust tomorrow. I've read that people were having issues with actuator valves rattling, fitment of the tips in the valance, etc. With those considered, is it worth switching from Stock Active Exhaust with resonator delete (X-pipe)? My primary reason for getting the Corsa is little more volume and better looking tips.

I haven't found much info on this so looking for feedback from people who swapped from Stock AE w/ X-pipe to the Corsa Extreme AE w/ double X-pipe.

Thanks
Have the extremes with AE, no rattle here cold or warm start

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I've had them on a couple cars now without issue. But if you do ever have issues with the valves, Corsa is one of the best companies out there in terms of warranty. They will take care of the problem without hesitation. Let me know if you have any questions about their setups, we are one of Corsa's biggest dealers.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Given the cost difference Id put an X pipe in it and buy an E85 tune instead of the Corsa system.

I have a Steeda X pipe with active exhaust on my 2020 PP1 A10 car and it sounds great in sport mode!

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Stick with the stock Active Exhaust and add an x-pipe (or h-pipe). Paired with one of these, the exhaust volume in Track Mode is outrageously loud as it is!

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Spend the money on other mods if you already have actove exhaust. X or H pipes are cheap.

OP
OP
krishelnino

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Given the cost difference Id put an X pipe in it and buy an E85 tune instead of the Corsa system.

I have a Steeda X pipe with active exhaust on my 2020 PP1 A10 car and it sounds great in sport mode!
I have the Steeda X-pipe with AE too and love it, also Lund tuned on E85 :) It sounds great! It's been 3 and half years already probably got a little bored with my current setup lol. I was looking for little more sound and nicer looking tips, wanted try the Corsa Extreme since people praise it a lot. I found a decent deal locally so decided to try it out. I just installed it today.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I love my x-pipe and factory active exhaust!

This is a good combo, for the right price... If you ever plan doing something with the active exhaust. Would not change to another active exhaust system. All the valves are the same.

Option 2 If you want aggressive, cat back mufflers will fill the bill. No more flipping switches every time you take a drive.

Option 3 Want aggressive full time and have active exhaust. Start car select Track mode, valves full open. Shut it down, disconnect the plugs on the valve.

OP
OP
krishelnino

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Stick with the stock Active Exhaust and add an x-pipe (or h-pipe). Paired with one of these, the exhaust volume in Track Mode is outrageously loud as it is!
I installed the Corsa Extreme today and honestly it's on another level compared to stock with X-pipe. When I first fired it up I was very disappointed it didn't sound much different than stock with X-pipe. only when I drove it I realized how louder it is. The quiet mode in Corsa is quieter than stock AE with X-pipe. Normal with Corsa feels like Track mode in Stock + X-Pipe.

And track mode with Corsa is just bonkers. The thing about Corsa which I didn't like is how quiet it is in cabin even in Track mode. There's no drone and you really can't estimate how loud it is outside the car. In cabin, I very much prefer how the stock AE with X-pipe sounded. Outside the car Corsa is quiet under 3k rpms but when you get it on its screams at higher rpms. It also feels little deeper while idling and at lower RPMs. It's a definite head turner for sure, within like a hour of installing I had like atleast 10 people giving a thumbs up

Overall I paid $1350 instead of full price so I would say it's nice but I wish it sounded more aggressive at lower RPMs. I think H-pipe would be the way to go for me. I might probably switch back to stock again if I get headers down the road

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I installed the Corsa Extreme today and honestly it's on another level compared to stock with X-pipe. When I first fired it up I was very disappointed it didn't sound much different than stock with X-pipe. only when I drove it I realized how louder it is. The quiet mode in Corsa is quieter than stock AE with X-pipe. Normal with Corsa feels like Track mode in Stock + X-Pipe.

And track mode with Corsa is just bonkers. The thing about Corsa which I didn't like is how quiet it is in cabin even in Track mode. There's no drone and you really can't estimate how loud it is outside the car. In cabin, I very much prefer how the stock AE with X-pipe sounded. Outside the car Corsa is quiet under 3k rpms but when you get it on its screams at higher rpms.
I've never heard someone complain about lack of drone inside, that's a new one. Maybe a mbrp race exhaust would be better for you.

Side note if I'm out for a cruise then I have my widows down, if I wanna hear my exhaust more I just rev out each gear higher.

OP
OP
krishelnino

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
I've never heard someone complain about lack of drone inside, that's a new one. Maybe a mbrp race exhaust would be better for you.

Side note if I'm out for a cruise then I have my widows down, if I wanna hear my exhaust more I just rev out each gear higher.
No I'm not complaining about lack of drone. I meant the loudness. The stock AE with X-pipe was more louder in cabin which I kind of liked. The Corsa compared is quiet inside but loud outside! What I'm trying to say is unless you hear the Corsa outside the car, you won't realize how loud it is. 🙂

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

And track mode with Corsa is just bonkers. The thing about Corsa which I didn't like is how quiet it is in cabin even in Track mode. There's no drone and you really can't estimate how loud it is outside the car. In cabin, I very much prefer how the stock AE with X-pipe sounded. Outside the car Corsa is quiet under 3k rpms but when you get it on its screams at higher rpms. It also feels little deeper while idling and at lower RPMs. It's a definite head turner for sure, within like a hour of installing I had like atleast 10 people giving a thumbs up

Overall I paid $1350 instead of full price so I would say it's nice but I wish it sounded more aggressive at lower RPMs. I think H-pipe would be the way to go for me. I might probably switch back to stock again if I get headers down the road
Should have gone Roush cat backs. 700 bucks would give you what you now have & what you're now missing. :champagne:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

The lack of character in the lower rpms and the trumpety tone paired with long tubes is exactly why I ended up chopping off my Xtreme rear section. Kept the double x mated to my long tubes but then added AWE Touring rear section. Same no drone setup, screams up top like the Xtremes but sounds better in the lower rpms. What I did not expect was it actually being a tad louder lol.

OP
OP
krishelnino

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
The lack of character in the lower rpms and the trumpety tone paired with long tubes is exactly why I ended up chopping off my Xtreme rear section. Kept the double x mated to my long tubes but then added AWE Touring rear section. Same no drone setup, screams up top like the Xtremes but sounds better in the lower rpms. What I did not expect was it actually being a tad louder lol.
When I get headers, I might do the same. Do the AWE Touring mufflers have a active option? Do you have any clips of your current setup
Sponsored