Stock Active exhaust VS Aftermarket

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I apologize but couldn't find a thread on this.
For those of you who have active exhaust have you just swapped out axleback and noticed a big difference?
I already have an H-pipe and majority of people i talk to went from full stock with resonator to catback system.
I love Borla S-types and have had them on several previous mustangs. I just wonder if because the factory active sounds so good if just swapping the axleback makes that big of difference? Or if the big change comes from the resonator delete???
Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Mixing and matching may get you drone issues. Go the whole hog!

S-Type Active with CF tips đź’š

Beautiful sound and active still manages the volume steps well.

6FD1F5CE-81E4-4AFD-A326-30E7BE1923BA.jpeg

367F3E0A-390C-4D6D-9CFD-D2FCC479CC5F.jpeg

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Mixing and matching may get you drone issues. Go the whole hog!

S-Type Active with CF tips đź’š

Beautiful sound and active still manages the volume steps well.

6FD1F5CE-81E4-4AFD-A326-30E7BE1923BA.jpeg

367F3E0A-390C-4D6D-9CFD-D2FCC479CC5F.jpeg
Those CF tips are absolutely amazing!!!
but buying a whole catback would be paying an extra $700 for a resonator delete i already have?
I understand the "whole package" concept of a catback but your essentially replacing exhaust piping with exhaust piping. It gets routed the 99% the exact same way.
The drone will come from mufflers/ resonator not random exhaust piping so sound is identical.
I am already having a hard enough time deciding if a $1300 axleback is worth it. i can without a doubt say the 2K one isnt worth it in my mind.

Main question is if you only switched out axlebacks would you notice that difference or was the majority difference from the res delete.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I just bought the Ford X-pipe because it was 409 stainless and cheaper ones were 309.
I haven't installed it yet. but I have the same question as the OP.
I'm very happy with my active exhaust sound and can't wait to hear it with X pipe installed.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Those CF tips are absolutely amazing!!!
but buying a whole catback would be paying an extra $700 for a resonator delete i already have?
I understand the "whole package" concept of a catback but your essentially replacing exhaust piping with exhaust piping. It gets routed the 99% the exact same way.
The drone will come from mufflers/ resonator not random exhaust piping so sound is identical.
I am already having a hard enough time deciding if a $1300 axleback is worth it. i can without a doubt say the 2K one isnt worth it in my mind.

Main question is if you only switched out axlebacks would you notice that difference or was the majority difference from the res delete.
Sorry, I get it. The resonator delete will up the volume, but additionally so will the new axle back mufflers be louder again over the OEM.

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I just bought the Ford X-pipe because it was 409 stainless and cheaper ones were 309.
I haven't installed it yet. but I have the same question as the OP.
I'm very happy with my active exhaust sound and can't wait to hear it with X pipe installed.

304 stainless is better than 409. No such thing as 309

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Keep the stock active exhaust..... X/H pipe res delete and it sounds way better and cheap. For the price of a good axle back you could get long tube headers instead which will not only ramp up the volume but also you will see a performance gain as well. This is what I did but was just too loud for me so I changed my x pipe the the magnaflow tru x and its way better. Quiet when ya want it and loud A/F when in track mode

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I went with the Steeda H-pipe, no other exhaust mods. Sounds fantastic, just a nice bump in each mode but quiet is still quiet enough to not be an asshole in the wee hours of the morning.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I went with the Steeda H-pipe, no other exhaust mods. Sounds fantastic, just a nice bump in each mode but quiet is still quiet enough to not be an asshole in the wee hours of the morning.
I have an h-pipe right now too and love it, just wish it was a little louder and aggressive. If these axle backs were 6-800 I could justify it but the 12-1300 is yikes.
I agree I can do a set of long tubes for that price very true. Only reason I would be opposed to that would be the tune portion. Warranty wise and also that from talking with Ford performance the reason the Bullitt sounds so much more rumbly is because of the tune. Wouldn’t want to mess with the pops and bangs.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I like the fact that it's loud and aggressive when I want it to be, but it's not shouting "look at me" everywhere I go. Even in track mode, if you stay out of the gas, you get that warning growl there but not the obnoxiously glorious horns of Valhalla until you start to get on it. You have to be able to mix in a touch of subtlety sometimes.
Sponsored