Stock 2.3 crankshaft counterweight

RedSled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP ECO
I'm putting together a hybrid 2.3/2.0, I have looked for a couple hours on the Internet and can't find the crankshaft counterweight numbers for balancing.
I have a new Ford crank, Manley pistons, Manley h beam rods, and a complete 2015 focus 2.0 motor.

Any of you guys know what the stock counterweight are or what the stock rod/piston assembly weight are?
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedSled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP ECO
Well for any one who stumbles across this in the future.....
The reason it's not published is because 4 cylinders inline or opposed are self balancing. DUH! The only balance we need to worry about is the piston/rod assemblies as they counter each other, the factory handles the crankshaft balance issues.
My ignorance along with V8 blinders led me down about 6 hours of searching the Internet for an answer to a question that didn't need to be asked.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
Well for any one who stumbles across this in the future.....
The reason it's not published is because 4 cylinders inline or opposed are self balancing. DUH! The only balance we need to worry about is the piston/rod assemblies as they counter each other, the factory handles the crankshaft balance issues.
My ignorance along with V8 blinders led me down about 6 hours of searching the Internet for an answer to a question that didn't need to be asked.
It's been a long time but AFAIK, as you already surmised the main issue is that all rods and pistons are balanced.
But with regard to crank, you will probably be ok but the counterbalance weights are the journal + big end of the rod, as long as that doesn't change by a lot should be good to go.
It is always a good idea to have it checked when doing aftermarket rotational parts.

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT
Are you going to do a write up in this on the build section, very interested in the part selection and any odd parts needed to do this.
I was thinking of just buying from LKQ a 2.3 and a 2.0 out of a Fiesta or Focus ST, and building in my garage taking my time before swapping.
Sponsored