First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
How does it attach to the car?

That looks pretty slick. How did you shape it or is it 3d printed?

EDIT: I found a pic of how it mounts. Looks like some double sided tape.

mount.png
Yes, VHB double side tape. It has never failed me, and there is the option to put a couple flush mounted screws through it as well (I never have).

I also haven’t run the plate on my GT500, but I keep it in the trunk. I use it for state inspections and have it there as an “oops officer, I forgot to put it back on after detailing” excuse. So far, so good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Sounds like a good plan. Sorry Mr. Trooper, I completely forgot to put it back on.

How noticeable is the mount with the plate in the trunk? Do you happen to have a pic of just the mount mounted?

The one thing I love about the Sto N Sho is it is not hardly visible when the plate is not on.

Yes, VHB double side tape. It has never failed me, and there is the option to put a couple flush mounted screws through it as well (I never have).

I also haven’t run the plate on my GT500, but I keep it in the trunk. I use it for state inspections and have it there as an “oops officer, I forgot to put it back on after detailing” excuse. So far, so good.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I tried Craig's bracket on a previous GT500. Prepped properly, the bond didn't last a year and it fell off. Buh bye license plate. Never doing the super duper tape method again.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feel bad for the bros that gotta rock front plates
Yep and putting it on the dash does not count. TX traffic code specifically states front bumper area.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a good plan. Sorry Mr. Trooper, I completely forgot to put it back on.

How noticeable is the mount with the plate in the trunk? Do you happen to have a pic of just the mount mounted?

The one thing I love about the Sto N Sho is it is not hardly visible when the plate is not on.
Sorry for the crappy picture but my car is too close to the wall of my garage to get a better one currently.

0C582FE5-98DC-4963-90D8-D19136F7543A.jpeg

455FA62F-E40A-4A26-98EA-BA34CB43D516.jpeg

15 years of using a Craig’s bracket and I have never once lost a plate. I respect Tob more than just about everyone so I suppose it can (and did) happen.

That’s the thing about options, you get to choose the one that works best for you.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the crappy picture but my car is too close to the wall of my garage to get a better one currently.

0C582FE5-98DC-4963-90D8-D19136F7543A.jpeg

455FA62F-E40A-4A26-98EA-BA34CB43D516.jpeg

15 years of using a Craig’s bracket and I have never once lost a plate. I respect Tob more than just about everyone so I suppose it can (and did) happen.

That’s the thing about options, you get to choose the one that works best for you.
Thanks for the pic. Looks pretty clean and not like a giant pimple on your nose. I will give the Sto N Sho a go for a while and see how it works out since I already have it. If it does not work out, I will get the Craig's.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't want to start a war about hot weather failures of the tape but if you Google you'll find them. There are many that haven't seen a failure. To each his own here.

I much prefer the mechanical mount Sto N Sho uses and have driven thousands of miles across the country without issue.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pic. Looks pretty clean and not like a giant pimple on your nose. I will give the Sto N Sho a go for a while and see how it works out since I already have it. If it does not work out, I will get the Craig's.
It has been on the car for 2+ years and not one person has even noticed it, that’s how little it sticks out. It sits in about 3” from the edge so you’d have to be on the ground to notice it.

When this is mounted correctly the rubber feet on the back side of the bracket are up against the bumper and do 90% of the holding the plate in place as the wind pushes the plate up against the bumper.

Anyway, enjoy the car no matter what plate mount you use.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I didn't want to start a war about hot weather failures of the tape but if you Google you'll find them. There are many that haven't seen a failure. To each his own here.

I much prefer the mechanical mount Sto N Sho uses and have driven thousands of miles across the country without issue.
What made you decide to stop using the tow hook mounted plate bracket?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While functional it was a bit too much on the ugly as sin side for me. Plus, I keep my aftermarket hook in place so I kinda lost access at that juncture. And the Sto bracket comes off in a few seconds which I really like.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I never run a front plate. I may get a ticket every 10-15 yrs. Even then it's DPS not local PD. I would rather pay the rare ticket.
bro i don't even put registration stickers on my cars anymore. my 2016 F150 and 97 cobra had rear plates and that was it. all the systems are integrated so when they do a plate lookup they get everything now.

Once i got stopped by this state trooper who lost his flippin mind at my cavalier attitude towards the "law"... even he didn't write me a ticket. everybody knows its bullshit :D

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I tried Craig's bracket on a previous GT500. Prepped properly, the bond didn't last a year and it fell off. Buh bye license plate. Never doing the super duper tape method again.
I've installed a ton drive cams in our company vehicles that mount on the windshield with double sided high bond tape. Like you said a year later the cams are loosening up and falling down.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

For sure have the heat part covered in HTX. LOL.
Sponsored