Sponsored

Stirring the pot, but why do people list their transmission?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I only get mad at meets when they say nice Hyundai Genesis.:curse::angry:
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Thanks for the idea, I am totally going to add 2k rattle to the end of my description.
...and how much Cera Tec it took to silence the tick

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I used to think listing anything in a signature was douchey, now look at my signature. I list everything on here as I often use the forum for help, and it is much easier for me when I am trying to help others and I know what they have. Problem is most people here probably use their phones and many don't realize rotating their phone shows the signature.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
People list the A10 when they have it because the A10 is so much quicker than the M6. It's like listing a power mod or factory upgraded engine. 0.5 sec improvement in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 with no extra power is no joke.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I used to think listing anything in a signature was douchey, now look at my signature. I list everything on here as I often use the forum for help, and it is much easier for me when I am trying to help others and I know what they have. Problem is most people here probably use their phones and many don't realize rotating their phone shows the signature.
Interesting. I only use my phone and never realized the signature didn't show when it's vertical.
That's because I only use my phone horizontally. šŸ˜†

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Interesting. I only use my phone and never realized the signature didn't show when it's vertical.
That's because I only use my phone horizontally. šŸ˜†
It was a while before I realized it showed up in horizontal, read it in a thread somewhere

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have rarely mentioned the transmission in any car, unless asked. Any time I had a decent automatic and somebody wanted to race me, I let them think it was manual.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Not really trying to be a dick, but I'm just curious when/why this became a thing like a decade ago.

If you're at a meet (and not in/around your car), and you're talking about what you drive, do you mention the transmission directly proceeding the year, make, model of what you have?
Most people ask me, and I don't offer, and when I say 6 speed their eyes light up. The auto Stang guys seem to be more ass hurt about these things. I drive a manual because I wanted one and enjoy it, if you like an auto, I don't really care its your money. But when manual guys mention a manual, auto guys twist their panties. It's little dick syndrome IMO, kinda like trucks that look like they are squatting to pee.

If you note in most of the threads around here, it's always an auto guy making a deal... So, I ask who is the problem with stirring this up? It's obvious to me.

Manual guy "I have a 6 spd"

Auto guy = triggered

Kinda like the ecoboost people when dealing with coyote people... Not sure why people keep caring about this topic.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Sorry to say, but with the way things are heading, itā€™s going to go the way of the dinosaurs! At least we got fuel from them!

Iā€™m happy I learned at a very early age how to drive a stick.. you are more connected to the car.. My older brother on the other hand.. if it doesnā€™t have a ā€œDā€ heā€™s lost! (Better for me, he wonā€™t ask to borrow my car)!
my dad taught me stick on his 84 alfa romeo spider when i was 10. pretty great car to learn on-easy clutch for a beginner and exciting to a 10 year old kid. he had me stop it on a gravel incline and then try it again. only killed it once actually. i was damn near a pro by the time i hit drivers ed in high school :cwl: the instructor even commented and asked if i had driven before. i told them for the last 6 years. ha. fun times and good stories for a kid.

i think the whole bragging rights based on trans is dumb. i prefer manual overall and im pretty good at it, but ive definitely been in cars with people who can "drive stick" but they certainly were not good at it. eg bad habits that would make me crazy if it were my car. riding the clutch, slipping way more than necessary from a stop, stuff like that. the need to downshift to every single stop light or sign.