MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You expect American car owners to have the ability to read?
I guess not. They want to talk about winter driving no matter what. :wink:
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
After reading through this thread I think you are owed an apology for the bad impression you must have gotten of Mustang GT owners, especially as it concerns reading comprehension. :)
Exactly my response from post#8….. but I am a GT 350 owner, not a GT owner…………. Oh wait, we are all the same. The GT350 owners just like me just pissed away thousands of dollars to have Shelby bragging rights!

In all seriousness, I believe the enthusiasm for GT vs. GT 350 is so minuscule that arguing about is senseless.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
#1 reason. It’s expensive?:cwl:

Im done here. You boys try not to wreck those Mustangs. Or tear off your bumpers if we get more than 4 inches of the white stuff. Can you drive a Mustang in the snow? Sure you can. Is almost everything out there a better option? Of course it is. Next thing some idiot will come in and say, he rides his Harley in the snow!
I have a second car I primarily use in the winter, but I also hate letting my fun car sit doing nothing for 5 months, so I take it out some days when it's above 40. Well one time I got stuck in a storm going home, and it was completely fine. Even with no seasons. So that's what I'm basing my opinion on. Obviously there are better choices. But these cars arent bad at all despite seeming like they would be. Modern winter tires are also amazing. I'd rather have a 2wd with winter rubber over awd with no seasons.
This cost me $2k last fall for its first winter, this year shouldn't be too bad, but Sotozzero 3 winter performance on square setup did fantastically....
Used the "wet/snow" mode I think 2x all winter? And last year OH got good amount of snow...

I can guarantee you I was better prepared for winter with my dedicated winters than probably good 2/3 of people with all seasons on their AWD vehicles thinking they're invincible and not adjusting for weather.

20210210_183242.jpg

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
If the Mustang is a summer only ride, target a convertible that is orphaned at a non-Ford dealer, as they are more flexible & lower on price. I might be the luckiest recent Mustang buyer in USA. I found a '16 GT vert w/PP1, Shaker stereo, NAV, Roush SC, Magnaflow exhaust with new tires for $39k thus summer. Just 12k miles. Deals are out there, but you need to search everyday, several times a day, and be prepared to fly & buy on short notice.

Last edited:
OP
OP

87and66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Stinger GT, 2018 Yamaha MT-07
If the Mustang is a summer only ride, target a convertible that is orphaned at a non-Ford dealer, as they are more flexible & lower on price. I might be the luckiest Mustang buyer in USA. I found a '16 GT vert w/PP1, Shaker stereo, NAV, Roush SC, Magnaflow exhaust with new tires for $39k thus summer. Just 12k miles. Deals are out there, but you need to search everyday and be prepared to fly & buy on short notice.
That is a good idea for some, but convertibles are not for me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I found a '16 GT vert w/PP1, Shaker stereo, NAV, Roush SC, Magnaflow exhaust with new tires for $39k thus summer. Just 12k miles.
ouch, I'm not sure I'd chalk up 39k on that '16 to be a good deal even under normal circumstances.

Sponsored