Sponsored

Still waiting on a VIN # for my GT350R

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Glad to hear you guys are getting your cars. I am surprised to hear about the lack of information provided by Ford on about the time line for your builds.
I was very pleased to have the experience of Ford sending me e-mails about receiving my order and giving me a time frame as to when my Ecoboost HP Mustang would be produced. I ordered the Mustang in June and received an E-mail a couple of weeks into July saying Ford received my order. Late July , I received an other E-mail from Ford saying my Mustang was to be produced in 1st week of October. End of August , I received an E-mail from Ford saying my Mustang was built and would be shipped to my dealer in about two weeks.
I was very surprised Ford would take such a great interest in keeping me informed about the status of my Mustang build. Maybe the Ford reps in different parts of the country do things differently. I felt like Ford was doing everything to make my Mustang purchase very special.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Intercity lines
Passport
Horseless carriage
Reliable

these are the top shipping companies used by most auction houses, celebrities, and luxury dealers.

I personally have used Intercity lines twice and was completely happy with their white glove treatment of my cars.

excellent communication, you do pay a little more when you use these companies compared to an independent driver, but it’s worth it IMO
Here's a second vote for Intercity Lines. Had a car shipped from California to Maryland and the driver texted me updates on his trip across the U.S.

Couldnt have been happier with the experience.

Good luck finding your Kona Blue R!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Glad to hear you guys are getting your cars. I am surprised to hear about the lack of information provided by Ford on about the time line for your builds.
I was very pleased to have the experience of Ford sending me e-mails about receiving my order and giving me a time frame as to when my Ecoboost HP Mustang would be produced. I ordered the Mustang in June and received an E-mail a couple of weeks into July saying Ford received my order. Late July , I received an other E-mail from Ford saying my Mustang was to be produced in 1st week of October. End of August , I received an E-mail from Ford saying my Mustang was built and would be shipped to my dealer in about two weeks.
I was very surprised Ford would take such a great interest in keeping me informed about the status of my Mustang build. Maybe the Ford reps in different parts of the country do things differently. I felt like Ford was doing everything to make my Mustang purchase very special.
Not being facetious here but expecting a mass production car company to keep little old me updated without much effort on my part is a little disingenuous.

TBH, I’ve never heard of a case like yours and we’ve had over 30 Fords with 3 of them being the premier HP Mustangs of the day.

That being said, in 2016, a member of Ford’s GT350 team sent me periodic updates on the progress of my R order without my prompting but I also had a inside leg in that game due to a very good friend with some strong strings.

Fast forward to today and I can’t say anything better about Ford Performance who responds to my emails within minutes-to-hours and provides Timely updates to the status of my build. Now, of course, that requires that I put forth a little effort but I’m more than happy with FP’s help.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Here's a second vote for Intercity Lines. Had a car shipped from California to Maryland and the driver texted me updates on his trip across the U.S.

Couldnt have been happier with the experience.

Good luck finding your Kona Blue R!
Could you PM me a ballpark figure how much it was (if you remember). I may need to ship my car coast to coast.

I would go on their website and request a quote, but I don't want to get annoying phone calls and spam.

turBO951

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Heritage Edition, 2007 Toyota Matrix XR (winter)
I used InterCity in 2011 to deliver my Porsche, Cleveland to Massachusetts, don't recall the price but their service was excellent. They are based in Massachusetts, definitely give them a call and get a quote. I have asked for several quotes over the years, no problem with spam and annoying sales people. Good luck and let us know how your transport works out.

Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Could you PM me a ballpark figure how much it was (if you remember). I may need to ship my car coast to coast.

I would go on their website and request a quote, but I don't want to get annoying phone calls and spam.
I was charged $2,045.00 for enclosed transport with Intercity.

I have also used Montway open transport to ship a barely running project car from Texas to Maryland and that cost was $879. A body trim piece was loose and annoying them along the way so they ripped it off (breaking all the tabs) and threw it in the car for me...

OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue Shelby GT350R :)
UPDATE: I pulled out of the deal in Minnesota. I tried to negotiate a couple thousand off the ADM but they wouldn't budge. I called a dealer in Georgia that recently took delivery of a Kona R to see if the other dealer would be willing to work out a deal. I am very pleased that I was able to get the ADM down from $10K to $3K. So this is a done deal all I need is to find a reputable shipping company. I am very happy with the service I am receiving and excited to finally own my dream car! I want to thank everyone in this thread that has helped with answering my questions and give advice. I came here desperately looking for help/answers and I was shocked to see how quickly the responses came in. I have had a very positive experience here and hope to share pictures of my new car soon!
This is the car https://www.wadeford.com/new-Smyrna-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT350R-1FA6P8JZ1L5551567

Last edited:

SlowMoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R (toy), 2011 Audi S4 (6mt) (DD), 2015 z/28 (sold), 2008 535i sold, 2011 audi S4 (6mt) sold 1995 mustang saleen 5.0 sold, 1989 5.0 Mustang Fox body (stolen)
Viz, I purchased my car from a dealer in Min back in June and had it shipped to CA. Most shipping company's you find online are going to be a broker besides Reliable. I ended up going with a broker over Reliable because Reliable's lead time was crazy, I didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks for a pick up plus another week in transit (plus they were around $2300). The broker I ended up using was Gary W at ship your car now.com. He was very helpful and informative compared to several other companies I spoke with. If you want to DM me I can send you his direct contact if you can't figure it out from the above information. Diamond Seven LLC was the currier that picked up the job...

https://www.facebook.com/diamondsevenllc/

and man did they do a great job. Maybe I was lucky but I placed the order with Gary Wed night, Diamond picked up the ticket Thursday, the car sat evening and I had it in my garage late Monday night. Enclosed shipping with power lift gate ran me $1675 through the broker. Contact, responsiveness and service were amazing by all parties involved.

Congrats on getting the car in the color you wanted. Not a very easy thing to do this (final production) year. I feel you on trying to find the right car, I cant tell you how many dealers I spoke with looking for an allocation or having a black car with white stripes on order. Corrieb spread sheet was a godsend. Obviously any dealers that told the they could order me one were a joke, and any cars on lots or on order dealers wanted 10-20k over. I got lucky and stumbled across a black all options except no stripes car in MN. They had just dropped their online price to $500 under sticker and that was that, just added the stripes with Ben @ Bemaro Specialty Films and In my opinion they are better than the factory option since I went with the option of not having any gaps at the any of the joints or end points.

Enjoy! If you are ever in the So Cal area and want to go enjoy some mountain roads let me know.

Reactions: Viz

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
UPDATE: I pulled out of the deal in Minnesota. I tried to negotiate a couple thousand off the ADM but they wouldn't budge. I called a dealer in Georgia that recently took delivery of a Kona R to see if the other dealer would be willing to work out a deal. I am very pleased that I was able to get the ADM down from $10K to $3K. So this is a done deal all I need is to find a reputable shipping company. I am very happy with the service I am receiving and excited to finally own my dream car! I want to thank everyone in this thread that has helped with answering my questions and give advice. I came here desperately looking for help/answers and I was shocked to see how quickly the responses came in. I have had a very positive experience here and hope to share pictures of my new car soon!
This is the car https://www.wadeford.com/new-Smyrna-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT350R-1FA6P8JZ1L5551567
Everything is better in the South... even the ADMs.:cwl:

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Score! Congrats and happy you found your dream ride! Send us pics when it arrives and congratulations again. That car looks bad-ass. Because of the black-and -blue color combo, I'd nickname it "Bruiser".....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Score! Congrats and happy you found your dream ride! Send us pics when it arrives and congratulations again. That car looks bad-ass. Because of the black-and -blue color combo, I'd nickname it "Bruiser".....
Thank you! I'll definitely send pictures once it arrives. I like it Bruiser fits well with the car.

OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Viz, I purchased my car from a dealer in Min back in June and had it shipped to CA. Most shipping company's you find online are going to be a broker besides Reliable. I ended up going with a broker over Reliable because Reliable's lead time was crazy, I didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks for a pick up plus another week in transit (plus they were around $2300). The broker I ended up using was Gary W at ship your car now.com. He was very helpful and informative compared to several other companies I spoke with. If you want to DM me I can send you his direct contact if you can't figure it out from the above information. Diamond Seven LLC was the currier that picked up the job...

https://www.facebook.com/diamondsevenllc/

and man did they do a great job. Maybe I was lucky but I placed the order with Gary Wed night, Diamond picked up the ticket Thursday, the car sat evening and I had it in my garage late Monday night. Enclosed shipping with power lift gate ran me $1675 through the broker. Contact, responsiveness and service were amazing by all parties involved.

Congrats on getting the car in the color you wanted. Not a very easy thing to do this (final production) year. I feel you on trying to find the right car, I cant tell you how many dealers I spoke with looking for an allocation or having a black car with white stripes on order. Corrieb spread sheet was a godsend. Obviously any dealers that told the they could order me one were a joke, and any cars on lots or on order dealers wanted 10-20k over. I got lucky and stumbled across a black all options except no stripes car in MN. They had just dropped their online price to $500 under sticker and that was that, just added the stripes with Ben @ Bemaro Specialty Films and In my opinion they are better than the factory option since I went with the option of not having any gaps at the any of the joints or end points.

Enjoy! If you are ever in the So Cal area and want to go enjoy some mountain roads let me know.
I called all of the auto shippers @Davesvt2000 recommended. The soonest shipper was Reliable they told me it could be 1-3 weeks for them to pick up the car and it would be $2258. The dealer told me I could use Mcnutt Auto Logistics they use them for their shipping and it would cost $2458. They don't have many reviews and the ones they do have aren't very good so I'm not sure if I should use them. I'll give ship your car now a call and see if they can do it sooner. I'm glad you had a really good experience with them. I have read a lot of bad stories online with some shippers. It was very hard to find a Kona Blue R at a price that was reasonable. Especially this late in production I would have had one by now if it wasn't for the dealer (Frontier Ford) who kept leading me on and insisting my car would be built. I was about to give up until the people here in the forums and Corrieb's spreadsheet which gave me leads to potential cars :rockon:. Black with White stripes is such a great color combination. That's great you were able to get the color you wanted and at a good price. Drive safe and enjoy that beautiful ride. If I ever drive down to SoCal I'll let you know! Thank you for the info much appreciated :thumbsup:
Sponsored