Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue Shelby GT350R :)
If it makes you feel any better, my HEP R sat in order processing from early June to mid August.
Did it always take that long pre-COVID? Have you taken delivery of your HEP R or are you still waiting for it be built?

OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Hi Viz,
Welcome aboard, sorry it's not under happier circumstances. I read your post and put a filter on the GT350 VIN tracker web sheet maintained on this site by our outstanding member "corrieb".

The latest version was updated on 25 September. Corrieb usually updates it about once a week, but he just took delivery of a new GT350R HEP this week, so I imagine he's a bit distracted right now. Good for him!

To see the Excel file, go to the GT350 VIN topic in the forum:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-gt350-gt350r-vin-spreadsheet-thread.141540/

I filtered on all GT350R's made in Kona Blue. As of 25 Sept. 2020, they are a pretty rare bird, with 14 total being shown. I included all stripe possibilities in the filter (including lack of stripes) as you can add/change stripes after the fact, in a pinch.

gt350r kona.png

The bad news is I see no Kona GT350R in the hopper for Frontier Ford, at least as of 25 Sept. I think the order bank is closed, so you better light up your dealer ASAP.

So for a Plan Bravo, it's time to fly-and-drive or buy-and-ship. I looked at the other Kona R's that are in the pipeline. None of the dealers that show as "Delivered" in the Excel sheet show the vehicles on their web sites, so that leads me to believe they are all sold and gone.

There is a KONA R en route to "Ford of Clermont" in Miami, FL. I used trackmymustang.com to get a look at the window sticker:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8JZXL5551955

At the bottom of the sticker in the center box, you'll see this info:
"LH281 N RA 2X 045 000537 08 28 20". What you don't see is the words "SPECIAL ORDER" above that.

Usually (and I say that as an assumption) the lack of 'SPECIAL ORDER' means the car has been ordered for dealer stock. Others can chime in, but I know the window sticker for my car says "SPECIAL ORDER" and I ordered mine. See the difference here, at the bottom center of the sticker for my car:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8JZ0L5552175:

So, use the VINs of the cars that are not yet listed as "Delivered" and see which may be available. You can use the method I described above, or just Google the dealers and call them, with the VIN from the spreadsheet handy.

Knowing you are in CA, I looked at the car w/ VIN ending in 2345, as it is going to IL and is the closest "non-Delivered" Kona R to you. It too does not say SPECIAL ORDER, so that may be a possibility:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8JZXL5552345

I'd say VIN's 2175 and 2345 are your best shot for Plan B, if your dealer has screwed you. Better get on the phone Monday. When the cars are ordered or still in transit, virtually no one (including most folks at the dealership) will even know they are coming. You can strike first.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm paying forward the help I got from corrieb and the forum members when I was trying to find a GT350 w/ no Tech Package. The spreadsheet was a godsend. And, if you can't fly-and-drive, the spreadsheet lets you see all the various colors available near your home base, so you may be able to find a second-choice color closer to home.
Hey @Buckwampum I spoke to the dealer that has a Kona R with the black stripes in Minnesota. I would like to pull the trigger on it. They are expecting the car to be delivered to their dealership at the end of the month. In the meantime, I wanted to ask you and anyone else who sees this message, can you vouch for any cross country automotive shipping companies?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Hey @Buckwampum I spoke to the dealer that has a Kona R with the black stripes in Minnesota. I would like to pull the trigger on it. They are expecting the car to be delivered to their dealership at the end of the month. In the meantime, I wanted to ask you and anyone else who sees this message, can you vouch for any cross country automotive shipping companies?
I’m glad you are buying it. It used to be my local dealer and it was tempting me too much and I was afraid it was going to make me be irresponsible haha. Hopefully it works out for you and you enjoy her. She is gorgeous.

Reactions: Viz

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Wow. Glad this worked out for you @Viz .... Great community here. I requested the DORA for my order on Friday.... Today I was told by my HEP R salesman that tomorrow I will find out if I'm really getting the car I put a deposit on in August or not. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If you’re going to pull the trigger on that car, might I suggest having @V8 Voodoo go look it over for you so that you don’t end up with any surprises?... always good to have eyes on it before your check is on it.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Congrats! No, I am not aware of a good shipping company. Because I fly a lot for work, I have more frequent flier miles than I can use. I had found a Rapid Red Gt350 I wanted in Miami. Plan was to fly and drive, would have been a fun trip from FL, back home to PA. Late in negotiations, dealer tossed a 2K ADM on the car so I backed out. Got lucky and got an order accepted via my local dealer, picking it up in a couple weeks, with a 15 mile drive home.....

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
If you’re going to pull the trigger on that car, might I suggest having @V8 Voodoo go look it over for you so that you don’t end up with any surprises?... always good to have eyes on it before your check is on it.
Beat me to it, I was going to suggest the same thing. Can't beat boots on the ground.

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Intercity lines
Passport
Horseless carriage
Reliable

these are the top shipping companies used by most auction houses, celebrities, and luxury dealers.

I personally have used Intercity lines twice and was completely happy with their white glove treatment of my cars.

excellent communication, you do pay a little more when you use these companies compared to an independent driver, but it’s worth it IMO

Reactions: Viz
OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
I’m glad you are buying it. It used to be my local dealer and it was tempting me too much and I was afraid it was going to make me be irresponsible haha. Hopefully it works out for you and you enjoy her. She is gorgeous.
Hi @V8 Voodoo, If you are able to inspect the car that would be very generous of you. This is my first big purchase of a vehicle at this caliber and having a trained eye check it out would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Wow. Glad this worked out for you @Viz .... Great community here. I requested the DORA for my order on Friday.... Today I was told by my HEP R salesman that tomorrow I will find out if I'm really getting the car I put a deposit on in August or not. Fingers crossed.
I really hope you're able to get it!

OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! No, I am not aware of a good shipping company. Because I fly a lot for work, I have more frequent flier miles than I can use. I had found a Rapid Red Gt350 I wanted in Miami. Plan was to fly and drive, would have been a fun trip from FL, back home to PA. Late in negotiations, dealer tossed a 2K ADM on the car so I backed out. Got lucky and got an order accepted via my local dealer, picking it up in a couple weeks, with a 15 mile drive home.....
Congrats to you too! Rapid Red was one of my second choices :) That would have been a great road trip it's too bad it didn't work out but at least you were able to get what you wanted.