Still waiting on a VIN # for my GT350R

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue Shelby GT350R :)
Hi everyone, this is my first time joining a forum and making a post here. I had a question: the dealer placed my order for a 2020 GT350R non-heritage at the beginning of June but today I saw the news that Ford is ending production this fall. I already knew this was the last year for the 350 but I wanted to know if I would still be able to get a VIN or was the order placed too late. I spoke to the dealer today and they told me they should still be able to build it but I have been waiting for about 4 months now and I haven't received a VIN #. I understand that with COVID, it stalled production but I am a little worried that my car won't be built before the deadline. Do I continue waiting for a VIN # or should I start looking elsewhere? If you’re curious, the spec is Kona Blue with white stripes. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Your dealer should have received a DORA by now, acknowledging the acceptance of the order into the Ford order banks. Ask them for that.

Reactions: Viz
OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
Not sure where you live but James Ford in Half-moon Bay has a 2020 GT350R on there lot
I live in Scotts Valley, which is about an hour away from Half-Moon Bay. I see that they have a Heritage Edition R. It's a beautiful color but I am looking for a Kona Blue 350R with the white stripes. Doesn't seem like a very popular color :/

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I live in Scotts Valley, which is about an hour away from Half-Moon Bay. I see that they have a Heritage Edition R. It's a beautiful color but I am looking for a Kona Blue 350R with the white stripes. Doesn't seem like a very popular color :/
Back in March when I bought mine he had 5 Gt 350's on his lot
one Kona blue but I don't remember if it was an R
For some reason they get a lot of Shelbys
I had ordered mine in Oct 2019
Got tired of waiting so I bought the exact car that I had ordered from him
I just got home from Track Attack they said not many 2020's were built
If you really want one I'd call them ask for Dee he's the Shelby man

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Nope. That’s just an order summary...
The car I ordered in Oct was never built
Not sure why, but I had the same paperwork it shows it was ordered
I hope you had better luck then I did
If you want one find a dealer that has one and buy it
Koons Ford in Florida seems to have a couple also
Good Luck

Sponsored
OP
OP
Viz

Viz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
The car I ordered in Oct was never built
Not sure why, but I had the same paperwork it shows it was ordered
I hope you had better luck then I did
If you want one find a dealer that has one and buy it
Koons Ford in Florida seems to have a couple also
Good Luck
I'm hoping the dealer has the DORA. Did you receive a DORA when you placed your order for your GT350? If the dealer hasn't received the DORA I'll give Dee a call. The last resort will be to purchase one out of state. Thank you, Joe.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm hoping the dealer has the DORA. Did you receive a DORA when you placed your order for your GT350? If the dealer hasn't received the DORA I'll give Dee a call. The last resort will be to purchase one out of state. Thank you, Joe.
Orders can be placed but unless your dealer was allocated an R the order is not worth the paper it’s printed on.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Orders can be placed but unless your dealer was allocated an R the order is not worth the paper it’s printed on.
So let me get this right....
Dealership places an order w/o an R allocation knowingly stringing along a customer for months.
Who does something like this?

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
This was the only thing the salesman sent me. Is this the DORA?

20201002_204127.jpg
Did you put a deposit down at all on the car? Normally when using a credit card, they won't charge it until Ford accepts the order. When I ordered mine, they charged my card a few days later after the dealer placed the order. It took me a little over a month to get a VIN and that was with a priority 1. Use the livechat and give them your order number and see if they have any additional info.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

If they don't have any new info, I would start pressing the dealer to see if the regional manger can change the order to priority 1. If that's not working, then I would start looking at other options because time is running out.
Sponsored