Sponsored

Still happy you bought a 10 sp auto?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Maybe the Camaro guys have a fix for this since it is the same transmission? Do they have the same issue? If nothing else, it could define if it's a software difference between Ford vs.GM version or an actual hardware trans issue.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Maybe the Camaro guys have a fix for this since it is the same transmission? Do they have the same issue? If nothing else, it could define if it's a software difference between Ford vs.GM version or an actual hardware trans issue.
Might take a while for much feedback to show up - A10 availability in the Camaro has been limited to the ZL1 until fairly recently. I did find this in the ZL1 section over on Camaro6. Nothing in the Transmissions or 'Ask Al' sections where you might find more complaints.

Norm

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
No, but I don't have a 10sp auto.
However, if I had known my wife wouldn't be driving the '17 GT, I'd bought a manual
transmission car instead of the auto.............
Join the club. You are not alone. But, I do love this car.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I have had two different and unrepeatable issues. Both when the car sat ivov night.

Once on a low speed shift the car fell on its face like it was shut off. Today it free revved instead of shifting into second. I lifted and it shifted. I couldn't get it to do it again.

I know there is a tsb for the second. But I would need it to be repeatable

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Completed a nice 230 round trip today with the family today (wife and 10 yr old son) in the 18 5.0. Jumped off the e85 down to Torrie’s 93 VCT tune and car ran perfectly. Knocked down 25 mpg 75-80 mph with 3.55 gears A10. Wife commented multiple times how comfy and well the car rode for 4 hour trip. :).

Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I have a 2016 AT which I am very happy with, but it will be interesting to see the answers here. It is crazy how polar opposite the 10sp reviews are on the internet. Some say it is a godsend...fast, well tuned, responsive etc while others say it hunts too much, slow, wrong gear. My add on question would be to get a comparison for the 2015-2017 AT with power pack 2 versus the 10 speed. Trading for an 18 is not in the cards, but I am considering power pack 2 which would nearly even up power and I hear it really tightens up the shifts.
I also have a 16 GT with AT. I got my car tuned by Livernois, and the shifts are much tighter in D. They cannot une the "drive modes" so those are the same, but in D, it shifts hard the further the throttle is pressed, so when floors, I am spinning second gear and chirping third. Normal driving it shifts very fast, no hesitation.
While I cannot say anything about the a10, from what I heard about it and seen on youtube, i would swap my A6 in a heartbeat. in Drag mode, it chirps the tires through 5th gear stock, and is much quicker than the A6.I think it would be a monster tuned.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Holy crap, I got about 12 MPG with my last 2 mustangs. (2014 GT Premium Convertible and 2017 GT Premium PP) Granted they were weekend / sunny / fun day cars so I pretty much drove them like I stole 'em every time I was in them. But still significant difference.
My 2016gt with 6 speed gets 28-29 mpg during highway driving too.

regular6g

Threads
Reaction score
Just did first Sport+ mode at light, where is the tire noise? Must be the compound of rubber as my GT was all kinds of sideways . Man I'm smiling typing this thinking about it and I'm early fourtys, I think I may be sick!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Very happy with mine. I love performance on a budget. The A10 being half second quicker in the 1/4 convinced me not to even look at a 6 speed. 11's first time out bone stock.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Just did first Sport+ mode at light, where is the tire noise? Must be the compound of rubber as my GT was all kinds of sideways . Man I'm smiling typing this thinking about it and I'm early fourtys, I think I may be sick!
Tire noise just attracts cops. Stealth mode is better!

Sponsored

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
10 SP in MY2019 is amazing! TG i didn't buy the 6SP. Never noticed it hunting for gears nor found that it should have gone 1 gear lower. Let a buddy of mine drive it yesterday in both Sport and Track mode and he was amazed at how well the car shifted. He drove back to his house in normal mode to experience how it would drive in normal day to day. I made a convert outta him. As far as tune I wonder if having a PP1 & Magnaride car tranny is tuned differently than non PP or MR?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
These threads are so pointless, even more pointless when OP says they would not even consider the stick. It's rare someone is going to say they are not happy with the choice they made. If you want a more objective point of view read the reviews of the A10.

Hudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2018 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
I’ve ordered a 19 GT premium, PP1, Roush Stage 1 with the 10R80 10 speed auto. I’ve recently been reading about unhappy auto owners regarding heavy clunking downshifts, hesitation while hunting for gears and lurching between park and reverse. I need an auto as it’s a DD and age ( I’m 67) so a switch to a 6 speed is not in the cards. QUESTION: are you all who have a new 10 speed OVERALL happy with your purchase and if so, why (please be honest).

I love the 10 speed automatic in my 2019 GT.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
These threads are so pointless, even more pointless when OP says they would not even consider the stick. It's rare someone is going to say they are not happy with the choice they made. If you want a more objective point of view read the reviews of the A10.
Yes, read the reviews. There are more positive reviews from actual owners of an A10 than negative from armchair quarterbacks who have never driven one OR a mag journalist who doesn’t understand the mechanics behind an adaptive learning transmission that needs more than 15 mins of journalistic ass time to really report their findings.

The A10 is extremely durable and a stout transmission - it’s taking to 11sec 1/4 times from stock GTs as well as abuse from power added GTs.

The issues if anyone really wants to bring to the table are affecting early build 10R80’s - such as the valve bodies and the one way clutch that affected the 2-3 shift. Other than those 2 known concerns, the only other minor concern is the reported clunky shifts from some owners. This has been remedied with a software update (covered under warranty) OR after folks have accrued a few thousand miles AFTER the trans has adapted.

Thanks for the reply - assuming you never drove a 10R80 and you are an MT82 Owner. Which by the way, if we’re comparing transmissions - the MT82 has had more mechanical issues AND Ford TSB’s than the 10R80, so let’s not even go there with “reviews”....

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Jeez, why you getting so defensive, just read the reviews - that's all I'm saying.
Sponsored