corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Is it possible to combine stiffer bars with the OEM springs, in an attempt to improve cornering (a little), while keeping the softer DD ride?
Absolutely. But it's the shocks & struts that make the car 'composed'.

I would suggest choosing adjustables for all of the above if you're at all likely to take the car out to an HPDE . . . or if all you want to do is dial it in to suit you best.

If it helps any, adjustable bars, Koni yellows, strut mounts with camber adjustability, and a little firming up of rear wheel location was all I'd done to my '08 for every track day thus far. Was running intermediate generally, and with the advanced/instructor group at my home track's own track days.

I'd much rather see you guys thinking in terms of camber plates, especially for any track or autocross use. Crash bolts give you the ability to dial camber settings further negative, but that's only half the battle. Reliably maintaining those settings over time and hard use is kind of important, too. Never mind that you'd be putting another torque cycle bolts every time you try a different camber setting (another chance to accidentally over-torque them into becoming good only as desktop conversation pieces).

Norm
Sponsored