Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have non-PP OEM suspension, no mods, except camber bolts going on this weekend.

Is it possible to combine stiffer bars with the OEM springs, in an attempt to improve cornering (a little), while keeping the softer DD ride?

If so, then I would do this first, and then possibly upgrade shocks and springs later.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes. Anti-roll bars often make a bigger difference than springs. Plus with adjustable bars you can adjust the balance. So they are a good first step.

Front is a pain to change and you might have to remove the stock airbox for the install. So if you are considering a cold air intake, you would want to do them both at the same time.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. My plan is to 1) put in front camber with bolts, 2) put in GT350 bars, and then 3) put in Steeda fixed shocks/struts, plates, and GT350 springs.

In the end, the spring rate will increase 25%, which hopefully will still be acceptable for DD. My car is a little of everything: DD, vacay, luxury, and track. If I did just one track day per year, then that is only 1% of the mileage I drive.

Next questions: Is it important to have adjustable bars? If so, can extra holes be drilled into the GT350 bars?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. My plan is to 1) put in front camber with bolts, 2) put in GT350 bars, and then 3) put in Steeda fixed shocks/struts, plates, and GT350 springs.

In the end, the spring rate will increase 25%, which hopefully will still be acceptable for DD. My car is a little of everything: DD, vacay, luxury, and track. If I did just one track day per year, then that is only 1% of the mileage I drive.

Next questions: Is it important to have adjustable bars? If so, can extra holes be drilled into the GT350 bars?
Adjustable is a nice feature for fine tuning oversteer/understeer. Its not mandatory unless you're a racer or regularly pushing to 9-10/10ths, then ya you probably want adjustables.

Sponsored

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Sub'd. Like OP, I'm not interested in upgrading springs, though I do have upgraded shocks/struts. I track the car, about 6-8 HPDE's per year, but DD compliance is super important to me.

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I wouldn’t go too stiff though; dampers may be taxed and ride will suck

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
GT350 springs are +25% stiffer than my OEM's. I plan to go to the GT350 springs later. Would GT350 bars be too stiff before then?
350R bars are a nice upgrade, kinda in between most of the adjustable options and stock, though somewhat closer to the aftermarket. The only thing is they're not adjustable.

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have installed the FRPP swaybars front and rear on my GTPP and have been running around like this for a month. I am yet to install the FRPP dampers and springs to go with it, still
running everything else OEM PP.

My thoughts on just the sway bars alone:

There is a definite increase in ride harshness but harshness is very subjective. Yes, it's harsher than with the OEM PP sway bars. No, it is not unbearable.

There is a notable increase in cornering ability, long sweeping corners are good. However, the poor ability for the car to handle quick transitions and weight shift is still very apparent. This includes nose dive and pitch which haven't improved at all.

In summary, some improvement in lateral transitioning, very little to no improvement in linear weight shift (which is to be expected).

If you are serious about handling characteristics, you will 100% still feel a need to upgrade the springs and dampers.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is there room on the ends to drill extra holes? :D
There is on your current front bar, provided you have a 1/2" jobber bit for drilling hardened steel. You just then move the link to the front side of the strut. See the free front swaybar mod thread.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have installed the FRPP swaybars front and rear on my GTPP and have been running around like this for a month. I am yet to install the FRPP dampers and springs to go with it, still
running everything else OEM PP.

My thoughts on just the sway bars alone:

There is a definite increase in ride harshness but harshness is very subjective. Yes, it's harsher than with the OEM PP sway bars. No, it is not unbearable.

There is a notable increase in cornering ability, long sweeping corners are good. However, the poor ability for the car to handle quick transitions and weight shift is still very apparent. This includes nose dive and pitch which haven't improved at all.

In summary, some improvement in lateral transitioning, very little to no improvement in linear weight shift (which is to be expected).

If you are serious about handling characteristics, you will 100% still feel a need to upgrade the springs and dampers.
This is pretty much what I told ya, Phil :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
There is on your current front bar, provided you have a 1/2" jobber bit for drilling hardened steel. You just then move the link to the front side of the strut. See the free front swaybar mod thread.
I saw that thread a while back, which gave me the idea for the 350 bars. Still don't know the answer. :shrug:
Sponsored