Sponsored

Step by Step Guide to Enabling Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Great guide - I've installed BLIS mirrors and pre-2018 SODL/SODR into my 2018 GT350.

BLIS and CTA confirmed to work.. only thing is — I for the life of me cant get the CTA and BLIS menus to appear under driver assist.

I've verified SODL/SODR configs about 10 times. I don't think it's this as CTA and BLIS lights do work.

I've verified both IPC values to enable BLIS/CTA and flipped them back and forth about 5 times. I've even used the FORSCAN non-AS-BUILT menus to flip them back and forth. Nothing.

Cleared DTCs about 5 times. Everyone says they pop up immediately. No DTCs pop up except for one possible fluke — the IPC received invalid data from both SODL/SODR.

Any ideas? Quite annoying. Last thing I can think of is to try the "reset module" function of forscan.
Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Great guide - I've installed BLIS mirrors and pre-2018 SODL/SODR into my 2018 GT350.

BLIS and CTA confirmed to work.. only thing is — I for the life of me cant get the CTA and BLIS menus to appear under driver assist.

I've verified SODL/SODR configs about 10 times. I don't think it's this as CTA and BLIS lights do work.

I've verified both IPC values to enable BLIS/CTA and flipped them back and forth about 5 times. I've even used the FORSCAN non-AS-BUILT menus to flip them back and forth. Nothing.

Cleared DTCs about 5 times. Everyone says they pop up immediately. No DTCs pop up except for one possible fluke — the IPC received invalid data from both SODL/SODR.

Any ideas? Quite annoying. Last thing I can think of is to try the "reset module" function of forscan.
Just double checking: you adjusted the IPC values accordingly?

720-01-01xxxxxxxx*xxx6=ADCF disabled, CS enabled, CWAW enabled, CT disabled

7=ADCF disabled, CS enabled, CWAW enabled, CT enabled
720-03-01*xxxxxxx 6=BLIS & Headlamp Indicator enabled,

4=BLIS enabled & Headlamp Indicator disabled,

2=BLIS disabled & Headlamp Indicator enabled,

0=BLIS disabled & Headlamp Indicator disabled

There should not be a DTC in the IPC because of the BLIS sensors.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Just double checking: you adjusted the IPC values accordingly?

720-01-01xxxxxxxx*xxx6=ADCF disabled, CS enabled, CWAW enabled, CT disabled

7=ADCF disabled, CS enabled, CWAW enabled, CT enabled
720-03-01*xxxxxxx6=BLIS & Headlamp Indicator enabled,

4=BLIS enabled & Headlamp Indicator disabled,

2=BLIS disabled & Headlamp Indicator enabled,

0=BLIS disabled & Headlamp Indicator disabled

There should not be a DTC in the IPC because of the BLIS sensors.
Yep confirmed.
720-01-01 6-> 7
720-03-01 2-> 6

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Yep confirmed.
720-01-01 6-> 7
720-03-01 2-> 6
So I just realized that you mixed pre 2018 and 2018. I know that they changed the BLIS modules at some point of time. Maybe you can source some 2018 modules (if they look different).

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
So I just realized that you mixed pre 2018 and 2018. I know that they changed the BLIS modules at some point of time. Maybe you can source some 2018 modules (if they look different).
Bought the 2018 modules and threw in. Same thing. Everything works and no errors. I copied the as-built from a 2019 GT350 with BLIS which is the same thing as a 2019 GT with BLIS. I believe the one error I saw before was probably when I forgot to reset a DCT.

Don't know if it's be cause it's an early run 2018 or because it's a GT350. Regardless I get all the alerts, BLIS, and CTA even the IPC alerts.. just no menu options hah.

Sponsored

doroyce05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm thinking about doing this to my 17 gt. I'm having a hard time finding some used sensors online. I did find the following sensors but I'm not sure if it's just blis without cta or not. Are the sensors the same?

FT4T14D453AC It's just marked as Sensor Blind Spot Monitor. I know EM2Z14C689A is the one that we should be looking for on the guide but I'm wondering what's the difference between the 2 sensors.

Thanks in advance.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I'm thinking about doing this to my 17 gt. I'm having a hard time finding some used sensors online. I did find the following sensors but I'm not sure if it's just blis without cta or not. Are the sensors the same?

FT4T14D453AC It's just marked as Sensor Blind Spot Monitor. I know EM2Z14C689A is the one that we should be looking for on the guide but I'm wondering what's the difference between the 2 sensors.

Thanks in advance.
This is the seller I got mines from. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-...971805?hash=item3fe52e88dd:g:UvkAAOSwQkhfDgkA

Make him an offer. I got a good deal on these from him

mikesly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to do this for sure, I have an 18 with the 400A. Only options are PP1 and Nav. Has anybody with an 18 added BLIS and CTA sucessfully? I've searched threads for days but I haven't found anyone who has shown what they did on an 18.

I guess I missed the post from
DerekDeeter
on page 7 -- he got it done on an18 GT and had a few tips, so that's awesome!

I just ordered the parts, and FYI they seem to have gone up everywhere.

I'm going with the OEM heated/BLIS mirrors. The cheapest wiring harness/plug for the sensors I could find was $35 each. Mirrors were about $120 each, and I got 2017-2019 sensors (with brackets!) for $60 each.

I didn't have the FORScan cable so I needed to get one of those for $50.

If these things help me avoid even 1 accident then they've paid for themselves. I've had 3 near misses over the years, so I can only guess that they will save my bacon at some point.

I appreciate all the work everyone has done to pave the way on this mod!!!

Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Good score man. Prices are crazy now and shipping is slow and expensive.
Keep us updated

mikesly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
So all the parts are here finally, was ready to do the install this weekend but the friggin mirrors don't fit. Way too tall for my mirrors. Now for the process to return them and try to find the ones that fit on a 2018. Ugh.

I can't find the correct mirrors for the life of me. I bought part numbers FR3Z-17K707-Q and -R but they are like 1.5 to 2 inches too tall.

I may have to go with the leds in the A pillars, but I would really like these to look like I ordered the factory option.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
So all the parts are here finally, was ready to do the install this weekend but the friggin mirrors don't fit. Way too tall for my mirrors. Now for the process to return them and try to find the ones that fit on a 2018. Ugh.

I can't find the correct mirrors for the life of me. I bought part numbers FR3Z-17K707-Q and -R but they are like 1.5 to 2 inches too tall.

I may have to go with the leds in the A pillars, but I would really like these to look like I ordered the factory option.
Q and R are the glasses for European mirrors. Blind Spot (and heated) for US models are D and G.

mikesly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Q and R are the glasses for European mirrors. Blind Spot (and heated) for US models are D and G.
Thanks for the info - I'll go ahead and give those a shot.

I had settled on trying thos out next but before ordering the wrong mirrors again I went to the dealer yesterday to see if they could give me a part number for heated mirrors with BLIS for 2018.

D & G weren't even options he could choose for a 2018 Mustang GT.

His suggestion was to get a VIN from someone who has a 2018 that was built with heated mirrors and BLIS then he could look up the VIN and get the part numbers from that.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Thanks for the info - I'll go ahead and give those a shot.

I had settled on trying thos out next but before ordering the wrong mirrors again I went to the dealer yesterday to see if they could give me a part number for heated mirrors with BLIS for 2018.

D & G weren't even options he could choose for a 2018 Mustang GT.

His suggestion was to get a VIN from someone who has a 2018 that was built with heated mirrors and BLIS then he could look up the VIN and get the part numbers from that.
Yeah, probably there is a new revision of those out now and therefore they got a new number.

mikesly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, probably there is a new revision of those out now and therefore they got a new number.
I finally tracked the mirrors down and now I have all the parts I need.

Hopefully I'll get time this weekend to get this little project in the books!

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
I finally tracked the mirrors down and now I have all the parts I need.

Hopefully I'll get time this weekend to get this little project in the books!
whats the part numbers if you dont mind me asking i got the wrong ones
Sponsored