Sponsored

Step by Step Guide to Enabling Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
swapped in the recommended LEDs today and it worked like a charm, tested out on the highway and everything is working as expected. i kind of cheated for the alert wires, i removed the door trim and ran them through that, then put the trim back on rather than taking apart and running them through the existing looms. figured it's secure enough in there anyways, the power for my amp in the trunk is already running through one of them anyways
hey post a pic of what you did, I wanted to run the led's to door(eventually get the oem mirror glass) but after looking if was going to PITA to get through the wire block on the frame and into the loom. others mentioned having to drill a hole in plastic block to run the wire through. don't don't if it's true but I wasn't going to be drilling in the wiring block. anyway just curious how you "cheated" and looked.

as far the resistance I forget what mine measured but do remember than being greater than the 400 ohms recommended.
Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
sorry i may not have worded it the best. i didn't run the alert wire into the doors, my LEDs are on the interior of the a frame pillar, similar to Bull Run

he mentioned that he had removed the rear seat and ran the alert wires into the factory loom that runs along the floor. i didn't do this, i just removed the trim pieces that run along the driver and passenger doors and ran the alert wires in there

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Just to get this straight if i get the mirrors with blind spot they don't have led's built in them? and i have to run the leds inside the mirror? and if not then would i still need to run the alert wire?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Just to get this straight if i get the mirrors with blind spot they don't have led's built in them? and i have to run the leds inside the mirror? and if not then would i still need to run the alert wire?
The LEDs are actually in the mirror glas. You need the mirrors for the appropriate wiring though.

Sponsored

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
The LEDs are actually in the mirror glas. You need the mirrors for the appropriate wiring though.
ok so i dont have to buy leds then if i get the mirrors. so you mean there not plug and play if i buy those mirrors? TIA want to do this mod and keep the factory look

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
ok so i dont have to buy leds then if i get the mirrors. so you mean there not plug and play if i buy those mirrors? TIA want to do this mod and keep the factory look
don't need to buy the LEDs just run the alert wire to the mirrors. Just make sure you can get the alert wires into the door panel before buying the mirror glass because it is a pain in the a$$ on my opinion... Lol...

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
don't need to buy the LEDs just run the alert wire to the mirrors. Just make sure you can get the alert wires into the door panel before buying the mirror glass because it is a pain in the a$$ on my opinion... Lol...
Great thanks super helpful

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I did the BLIS upgrade about a month ago on my 2015 mustang base V6. I decided to install the OEM mirrors (FR3Z-17K707-D and FR3Z-17K707-G) with the built in LEDS because I wanted the OEM look. It required removing the side mirrors, opening them up to install the BLIS connector (JST 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S). Ran the alert/ground wires through the side mirror connector into the door and up to the door-body connector. Crimped TE 1924968-1 male pin to both wires and insert into open cavities of the large black door connector. Crimped TE 1456968-1 female socket to the alert/ground wires from the BLIS sensor and insert into the grey connector cavities that matches the pins you just inserted. This is a lot of work, but IMO it’s well worth it to get the OEM look. Checkout Youtube for videos that show how to remove the side mirrors of a 2015 mustang.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
I did the BLIS upgrade about a month ago on my 2015 mustang base V6. I decided to install the OEM mirrors (FR3Z-17K707-D and FR3Z-17K707-G) with the built in LEDS because I wanted the OEM look. It required removing the side mirrors, opening them up to install the BLIS connector (JST 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S). Ran the alert/ground wires through the side mirror connector into the door and up to the door-body connector. Crimped TE 1924968-1 male pin to both wires and insert into open cavities of the large black door connector. Crimped TE 1456968-1 female socket to the alert/ground wires from the BLIS sensor and insert into the grey connector cavities that matches the pins you just inserted. This is a lot of work, but IMO it’s well worth it to get the OEM look. Checkout Youtube for videos that show how to remove the side mirrors of a 2015 mustang.
Sounds complicated but ill give it a try a little confused in what wires are which but ill figure it out thanks

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I did it the same way. It was a lot of work but definitely worth the trouble.

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
So nobody has done this on a 2018 or 19 mustang yet?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Anybody have pictures to connect what to where exactly kinda new in wiring
My post a while back covers this on a high level:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...is-installed-and-acc-done.97591/#post-2191645.
The very first post of this thread and this one:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-traffic-alert-cta.107623/page-5#post-2595936
cover everything you need to know including pics.

This is really not a plug&play change, so you should be confident that you can make it or learn on the way ;-)

Two comments:
* there are basically two options here: add the BLIS indicators OEM style in the mirror (a little challenging) or install a set of LEDs to do the job.
* the BLIS modules need to be connected to the CAN bus. I would not recommend the connectors used in the first post, but use real butt splices (crimp style) and adhesive glue shrink tubing. Everything else will eventually lead to connection issues due to corrosion.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
So nobody has done this on a 2018 or 19 mustang yet?
Not sure about the IPC configuration but I would expect that everything else is exactly the same as for the pre FL versions.
Sponsored