Sponsored

Step by Step Guide to Enabling Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I guess 22 gauge is fine as well because the components all just need a couple of mA.
Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi Guys.
I just finished up everything. This guide was such a awesome resource. Car looks like it came from the factory with Blis.
The hardest part was waiting for the parts to arrive. The mirrors came in today and I just finished installing them
I really want to thank @Brad2579 @Falk03 @DerekDeeter and @Bull Run for their guidance through all of this.
You guys answered my question, provided guidance and stuck with me through this process and even called me back on a Sunday so Thank you so much!. You guys are FUCKING ROCKSTARS!!!!!!
I believe i was able to get heated mirrors. I have yet to test them. It's just too hot to say at the moment
I will reply when I test them.
To you all, my heart felt thanks and appreciation!

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to confirm that heated mirrors work. Thanks for all the hard work guys

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. The only issue I had was a loose tap on the power for the sensors and a loose tap on the ground for one of the heated mirrors.
Ready for winter, lol
Thanks for everything guys

Sponsored

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Thanks man. The only issue I had was a loose tap on the power for the sensors and a loose tap on the ground for one of the heated mirrors.
Ready for winter, lol
Thanks for everything guys
Was it hard to get the wires through the door

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Brad2579 actually guided me through this part. You will have to disconnect the connectors and drill holes in them to allow for 22 gauge wires to go through.
The easiest way was to pull off both ends of the boot, squeeze it together so that both ends are as close to each other then you are left with about a 3 inch length that you have to run the wire through.
The end on the door is pretty easy to put back in place if you have the speaker out as you can reach in and pull it so it is snugly in place and the end that goes to the cabin, it is best to pull the rubber over the connector before you put it back in place. I did it the other way on the first door and it was hard. Lesson learned for the 2nd door.
here is a picture of the wires through the connectors
This was for the sensors and heated mirrors

61323478715__79C6AB29-47A0-42EE-A803-86FCB47473D8.JPG

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
@Brad2579 actually guided me through this part. You will have to disconnect the connectors and drill holes in them to allow for 22 gauge wires to go through.
The easiest way was to pull off both ends of the boot, squeeze it together so that both ends are as close to each other then you are left with about a 3 inch length that you have to run the wire through.
The end on the door is pretty easy to put back in place if you have the speaker out as you can reach in and pull it so it is snugly in place and the end that goes to the cabin, it is best to pull the rubber over the connector before you put it back in place. I did it the other way on the first door and it was hard. Lesson learned for the 2nd door.
here is a picture of the wires through the connectors
This was for the sensors and heated mirrors

61323478715__79C6AB29-47A0-42EE-A803-86FCB47473D8.JPG
how many wires did you run to the mirror?

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my case i ran 4. One pair for the BLIS light and another pair for the heated mirror. If you already have heated mirror then you only need 2.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
You would only need 2 as the other wires just go to ground and you could find the ground wire in the existing wiring harness in the door.

Sponsored

Simps100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Focus mk4
Hey

I’m very soon going to be picking up a Ford Focus MK4 (sadly not a Mustang!) over here in the U.K. - due to them dropping the engine I wanted I’ve had to go for a pre-built one rather than one built to order so it’s missing a feature from my current car which I really quite liked... BLIS

After plenty of googling I come across this thread giving me hope this is possible to install it later on and can pretty much install it as it would have been in the factory! Is anyone here from the U.K. managed to find the parts to do this on their own mustang or any other ford model here?

Im admittedly new to mods like this so if anyone with car electrics knowledge could help out finding what would need to be wired in where on a Focus which I assume would have different to the mustang would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hey

I’m very soon going to be picking up a Ford Focus MK4 (sadly not a Mustang!) over here in the U.K. - due to them dropping the engine I wanted I’ve had to go for a pre-built one rather than one built to order so it’s missing a feature from my current car which I really quite liked... BLIS

After plenty of googling I come across this thread giving me hope this is possible to install it later on and can pretty much install it as it would have been in the factory! Is anyone here from the U.K. managed to find the parts to do this on their own mustang or any other ford model here?

Im admittedly new to mods like this so if anyone with car electrics knowledge could help out finding what would need to be wired in where on a Focus which I assume would have different to the mustang would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Once you find out, what the right modules are, you can get them used from Ebay (UK or US). If they look the same like modules from other models (eg. Mustang), then they will fit. A starting point at Ebay are just the words "Ford BLIS sensor", but they are rather expensive in the UK.
I think a good starting point would be a workshop manual for your car. On easymanuals.co.uk they go for 15GBP.

The wiring itself should not be that much different from the Mustang wiring. I would give you some hints, but I have no information about a Focus MK4 especially the wiring.

You definitely need FORScan to adjust the configuration of these modules (VIN, stick shift/automatic).

Good luck.

ps: I found some sensors in the UK for a MK4:
https://srotas24.co.uk/car-parts/ig...rd-focus-mk4-2018-nthe-block-17114246834.html
Based on this reference I found sensors in the US:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-F15...ODULE-BLIS-FORD-OEM-GENUINE-2019/283782092715
They are from a F150 but look the same and should definitely work in the Focus MK4.

Simps100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Focus mk4
Once you find out, what the right modules are, you can get them used from Ebay (UK or US). If they look the same like modules from other models (eg. Mustang), then they will fit. A starting point at Ebay are just the words "Ford BLIS sensor", but they are rather expensive in the UK.
I think a good starting point would be a workshop manual for your car. On easymanuals.co.uk the go for 15GBP.

The wiring itself should not be that much different from the Mustang wiring. I would give you some hints, but I have no information about a Focus MK4 especially the wiring.

Good luck.

ps: I found some sensors in the UK for a MK4:
https://srotas24.co.uk/car-parts/ig...rd-focus-mk4-2018-nthe-block-17114246834.html
You could use them as a reference/starting point.
Thank you appreciate that ! That price isn’t too bad actually considering the add on is around £400 here and these will be the more costly part of the mod - I guess I’ll also need to find the right brackets for these for the focus but guessing these should be a fair bit cheaper and maybe able to get them from ford direct.

Will also grab that workshop manual for the car.

Thanks again!

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I finished my install on my 2017 GT350R and everything works! color for the wires are the same and so is programing...

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
here are some pics of the install
IMG_0328(3).JPEG
IMG_0329(3).JPEG
IMG_0336(4).JPEG
IMG_0337(2).JPEG