Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if I totally understand your question, but I'll give it a shot: I suspect removing the stock lockout would allow the tires to rub the fender-wells and cause issues...especially at any sort of speed.

I wouldn't play around with this unless you're building a drift rocket with supporting modifications to support.

OP
jperls

jperls

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I'm not sure if I totally understand your question, but I'll give it a shot: I suspect removing the stock lockout would allow the tires to rub the fender-wells and cause issues...especially at any sort of speed.

I wouldn't play around with this unless you're building a drift rocket with supporting modifications to support.
My tires are 235/50/18rs...I know that the car can accept some pretty wide tires, but I guess it is the aspect ratio that brings up this concern...I would imagine thought that removing the limiters would only decrease the turning radius a little, but not too-much.

I was thinking about doing this to reduce the wide turning radius of the car and have a little more control in some tighter corners...nothing to do with drifting.

Advertisement

104 - Cervini's Auto Designs - 1

Advertisement