Happy with my Steeda H-Pipe!

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
Just to add my 2Č» worth, as Steeda touched on in the video regarding the sound characteristics. Both pipes add power across the entire RPM range by removing the flow restrictive factory resonator. The H-Pipe will provide an additional power bump low to mid range where as the X-Pipe bumps additional power mid to high RPMs.

The X-Pipe is installed on my car.

Reactions: A7X

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
The factory resonator is a muffler. Without it the mufflers at the back of the car now have to do all of the work to control the sound levels. For those guys concerned about sound levels, you might try just installing a H or X and leave the balance stock. Then decide if you want to go louder.

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
Hey TJ, can I get a coupon code? I want to order up the H pipe for my 2019!

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
Just purchased the Steeda H pipe!!! And the Roush Abs....hopefully they won't be too loud!!

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Dang, that does sound nice!

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I have the Steeda X and H pipes, along with a Magnaflow resonated “tru-X” pipe. With the TSP cat less LTH and X pipe with the factory active exhaust I loved the sound above 4K. Under it was to raspy for me and why I bought a H pipe. I then loved the sound below 4K and cruising around without the rasp. But was missing that sound above 4K I loved. Once the Magnaflow axle back came in I couldn’t do the H pipe. The drone was headache inducing. The X pipe got rid of that “chopper” sound the H pipe gave but is still a little to much drone. That’s when I ordered the MF resonated x pipe and the drone is gone but so is the sound. People say it sounds great outside, but inside it’s nothing really. I put the Steeda Xpipe on for my day to day, if I have to go on a trip I throw the MF on. Took them to a muffler shop and had them slot both so it’s a easy 5min swap over. I guess I need to put my Hpipe up since I can’t run it with the drone.

So far my Steeda stuff has been great.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have both the H and X from Steeda.
Unfortunately the EU-spec 18-19s have a gpf (gas particulate filter) that kills off the sound so there is barely any difference for me at least in sound between the two.

However I am not sure if it my butt dyno is not calibrated, but the low end felt stronger with the H. As per the gas gpf filter the EU spec models have 40NM less to start with :(

I have separate videos of both the H and X pipe on my YT channel if any one is interested, specially for export models. My car is equipped with the active exhaust

Switching back to the H today

I'll report back once done

Last edited:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I have both the H and X from Steeda.
Unfortunately the EU-spec 18-19s have a gpf (gas particulate filter) that kills off the sound so there is barely any difference for me at least in sound between the two.

However I am not sure if it my butt dyno is not calibrated, but the low end felt stronger with the H. As per the gas gpf filter the EU spec models have 40NM less to start with :(

I have separate videos of both the H and X pipe on my YT channel if any one is interested, specially for export models. My car is equipped with the active exhaust

Switching back to the H today

I'll report back once done
Steeda H-pipe gave me some torque gains over the stock suitcase from 2K-4K (2018 GT with active exhaust), with no noticeable differences on the top end. It definitely woke up the active exhaust on the different settings.
Sponsored