Sponsored

Steeda's Ultra Lite Low-Profile S550 Jacking Rails Are Here!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I suppose I can't complain too much that the new guys are getting a better design. I will say this: you guys should revise your instructions. IIRC the instructions on mine were only halfway complete. I think they pointed out the front bolts but not the back (or the other way around). I certainly had no trouble installing them (thanks in part to the CJPP video), but that's no excuse for incomplete instructions. Also, some torque specs would be nice.
Thank you for the feedback, I will provide the information to our team that handles the instructions.

We appreciate your support and for being a Steeda customer.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
Not happy reading about a redesign since I purchased the other latest and greatest jacking rails. As soon as I installed them I wondered why they were so much lower than the pinch welds. What they have redesigned is what they should have been in the first place. Obviously many owners lower their cars too. Yeah their functional, clearance is a big issue and I'm just surprised no mention of any recourse for the people that feel the rails are too low.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I just installed my "old version" about two weeks ago, and I'm find with the thickness. I don't think I'll ever be low enough to worry about the rails.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Not happy reading about a redesign since I purchased the other latest and greatest jacking rails. As soon as I installed them I wondered why they were so much lower than the pinch welds. What they have redesigned is what they should have been in the first place. Obviously many owners lower their cars too. Yeah their functional, clearance is a big issue and I'm just surprised no mention of any recourse for the people that feel the rails are too low.
I feel your pain, but we really have no right to complain. The redesign doesn't make our 1st gen rails less useful. We knew what we were getting and nobody put a gun to our heads. It's not unlike buying an iphone only to find out that the next gen is about to come out.

I do agree that the original rails probably should have been designed like the new ones. However, they might have been concerned about the amount of stress. I did a quick Finite Element Analysis with my CAD/Simulation software comparing a couple of square steel tubes, with one being 1/2" taller than the other (I just made up the rest of the numbers, as I don't know the exact dimensions of these rails off the top of my head). My simulation did confirm that the shorter rails do exhibit a significantly higher max stress than the taller ones under these loading conditions, although still way way under the yield strength of typical steel (I assumed a distributed load along the top face of 1,800 lbs, with two rectangular support points on the bottom where the jackstands would be). [And yeah, I could have confirmed the same with hand calculations, but I don't have my mechanics book with me and it's been a while.] So I understand why they went with the more conservative design to start until they had some good real world data.

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
obviously they felt people had the right to complain as it was stated they redesigned after many phone calls and emails regarding the original design that people complained about.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
That's not exactly what happened. When we launched the original product - we received feedback asking if we thought about going with a more low profile design.

We were very happy with our original design & had no plans of changing it.

One of our engineers started to look at the original design & asked the "what if" question. It wasn't until recently that we found the lower profile, lighter weight option would work & we could bring it to market.

We are asking the same question with the http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-m...ock-out-collar-15-16-gt-ecoboost-v6-555-7080/

We have received requests to make it in red & black ... something we hadn't planned on when we released the product. As the market changes & the requests come in ... we will see if this is indeed something we move forward with.

Best Regards,

TJ

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It's all good with me. It's like an buying a new iphone when the year old model you have in your pocket works just fine. There are always people that want the latest and greatest, and get a little upset when all of the sudden there is a new kid in town.

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's more about seeing a tube hanging down from the side view of my car, but whatever.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I just installed my "old version" about two weeks ago, and I'm find with the thickness. I don't think I'll ever be low enough to worry about the rails.

I didn't think 1" would make or break anything, but it did. I can't get in and out of my garage without beaching the stang. :frusty:

I too would love to see a price break for those with the first gen rails. Wish full thinking, I know. I also know it's not owed by Steeda, but this is a bit frustrating seeing as I can't really unload the older version of the rail in the used market when everyone knows the new version is better all around.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I can't really unload the older version of the rail in the used market when everyone knows the new version is better all around.
Have you tried? For the right price I'm sure you could. Fifty cents on the dollar gets a lot of attention.

<<< parted out a totaled race car for almost twice the asking price before the wreck.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Have you tried? For the right price I'm sure you could. Fifty cents on the dollar gets a lot of attention.

<<< parted out a totaled race car for almost twice the asking price before the wreck.
I'd be lying if I said I did. I still use the dang jacking rails!!! I can't live without them right now!!!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
it's more about seeing a tube hanging down from the side view of my car, but whatever.
You have to be practically laying on the ground to see them.

The main benefit for lower profile bars is more clearance for jacks on lowered cars.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I'd be lying if I said I did. I still use the dang jacking rails!!! I can't live without them right now!!!
Somebody on here just sold a set of used rails for $70 + shipping and had a line of guys hoping the sale would fall through.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Id probably take a set of the old ones. I wont ever be that low and wouldnt have garage scraping issues even when lowered.
Sponsored