Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Did you wrap dynamat on the actual shifter where it fits into the cutout of car. I can't see ground in mine because I wrapped dynamat all the way around the shifter covering the gap that you see between shifter and the hole in car where shifter comes up. Hope that makes sense.
Sponsored

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
pretty sure I covered the whole opening in the trans tunnel and put some on the shifter itself.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pretty sure I covered the whole opening in the trans tunnel and put some on the shifter itself.
Very strange not sure what could be causing excess heat. Something from install for sure.. I have no issues and this is first I've seen.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I have no issues with heat build up here as well, even if its 115 degrees outside like today.

I applied the Dynamat same way as how MGW does on their shifter. I run an MRT H with ROUSH ABs and all I hear is the sweet sound it makes.

Tri-Ax all the way!

Sponsored

RB281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP
Just got my Tri-Ax installed yesterday and I love it. No noise, no heat problems, and the shifts are so precise! The shift knob looks great too

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I've had my Tri Ax in for a couple of months and I don't have any excess heat. It's one of my favorite mods.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I've had my Tri Ax in for a couple of months and I don't have any excess heat. It's one of my favorite mods.
Same here. Had my Tri-Ax in since 01/05/16, and have no heat issues, or any other issues. (Well, besides it not being free or getting free Steeda stickers). :D

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Just ordered the shifter, knob and lockout
Awesome!! Can't wait to see everything installed! :)

Very strange not sure what could be causing excess heat. Something from install for sure.. I have no issues and this is first I've seen.
Not sure either.

I have no issues with heat build up here as well, even if its 115 degrees outside like today.

I applied the Dynamat same way as how MGW does on their shifter. I run an MRT H with ROUSH ABs and all I hear is the sweet sound it makes.

Tri-Ax all the way!
Glad you're still enjoying it! :cheers:

Just got my Tri-Ax installed yesterday and I love it. No noise, no heat problems, and the shifts are so precise! The shift knob looks great too
Oh yes, enjoy!

That's great to hear! :D

Same here. Had my Tri-Ax in since 01/05/16, and have no heat issues, or any other issues. (Well, besides it not being free or getting free Steeda stickers). :D
Hey, I can help with the stickers, send me a pm!

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Installing everything in the morn [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] - finally! Was waiting on the last piece of the puzzle, decided to go w/the 350 shift knob as it ties in well w/my 350R wheel & starter button. Buuuut the Steeda black derlin lock-out collar is going on and a custom shift boot w/blue thread.

Will let you know how it feels sometime this week-end. It's Christmas time in hot ass July!

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installing everything in the morn [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] - finally! Was waiting on the last piece of the puzzle, decided to go w/the 350 shift knob as it ties in well w/my 350R wheel & starter button. Buuuut the Steeda black derlin lock-out collar is going on and a custom shift boot w/blue thread.

Will let you know how it feels sometime this week-end. It's Christmas time in hot ass July!
Where did you find boot with blue thread?

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Awesome news, can't wait! :cheers:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
Stoked!

Install time was about 3 hours, decided to go w/the high-resistance springs :headbang: My first impressions are the Perf Pack model should have come this way stock. Shifts are precise /firm. As I told TJ on FB you immediately see & feel the craftsmanship that was put into this shifter. Also went with blue thread on the new shift boot to match the blue on the Recaros. Well time to go shift gears LOL. Thnx [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION].
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: