Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Problem was fixed!

For some reason my setup did not like any of the springs. As per steedas recommendation we removed both springs and the shifter is very smooth in all gears. Much less vibrations to.

Big thanks to steeda and steeda.ca for their help with this!!!
Glad we were all able to help & we appreciate you providing your feedback that everything is okay!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Problem was fixed!

For some reason my setup did not like any of the springs. As per steedas recommendation we removed both springs and the shifter is very smooth in all gears. Much less vibrations to.

I wasn't aware you could run it without springs. Interesting.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Problem was fixed!

Interesting... Does it still auto center itself? I thought that was the entire purpose of the springs.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Valet: Is that the stock shifter?
Me: No, it's an aftermarket shifter, the Steeda Tri-Ax.
Valet: That's one of the best shifters I have ever driven.

Compliment to Steeda ^ and what makes that impressive is that was at a restaurant in Orange County where my car literally was probably the cheapest in the parking lot.

Also, to contribute to the spring comment, at first I thought the stiffest springs would need to be replaced with the softer, but it becomes easy after just a few days to get used to it AND the springs break in some. I love my Steeda Tri-Ax! It is one of the best mods I have done and I kick myself for not doing it sooner. You touch the shifter in a manual car too much to settle for the stock one. The Steeda Tri-Ax is EXTREMELY precise and is very confidence inspiring when performance driving.

Daidalos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MUSTANG GT 2016
Interesting... Does it still auto center itself? I thought that was the entire purpose of the springs.
Works perfectly fine without the springs. Still autocenters and has an amazing feel to it.

Again top product and amazing support! :clap2:

Sponsored

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Lovin' my new Steeda S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter!

Took a ride up to Steeda's Valdosta, GA today. The technician Jamie installed my Triax race shifter. I absolutely love it. He did a fantastic job. I'm probably going to be driving my car a heck of a lot more now that I'm really enjoying the shifter. If anyone is on the fence about which shifter to get, don't fret about it and go buy the Steeda Tri-Ax race short throw shifter now! You won't regret it! Before I made up my mind, I was waffling between the MGW, Boomba, and Steeda's shifter... No more. I made the right decision! When I read others saying how this is how the shifter should have come from the factory, they are absolutely correct! I drove 430 total miles round trip today to have Steeda install it for me. On my 215 mile ride home, I was deliberately down shifting and up-shifting during the trip and loved every minute of it... Get it!!! Thank you Tim, Frank, Mike, Scott, Alex, and Jamie!!
image.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Took a ride up to Steeda's Valdosta, GA today. The technician Jamie installed my Triax race shifter. I absolutely love it. He did a fantastic job. I'm probably going to be driving my car a heck of a lot more now that I'm really enjoying the shifter. If anyone is on the fence about which shifter to get, don't fret about it and go buy the Steeda Tri-Ax race short throw shifter now! You won't regret it! Before I made up my mind, I was waffling between the MGW, Boomba, and Steeda's shifter... No more. I made the right decision! When I read others saying how this is how the shifter should have come from the factory, they are absolutely correct! I drove 430 total miles round trip today to have Steeda install it for me. On my 215 mile ride home, I was deliberately down shifting and up-shifting during the trip and loved every minute of it... Get it!!! Thank you Tim, Frank, Mike, Scott, Alex, and Jamie!!
We do our best in trying to communicate this to the forums but when it comes from word of our mouth marketing - that is our best asset!!!

Once again, thank you for taking advantage of the product & install at our Valdosta location - glad you were taken care of by the crew.

Anyone else interested :)

TJ

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
So it can be used without the springs? Everything works fine, etc?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Adam took care of my order this morning. Can't wait to get this and a few other choice items installed in the coming week.

-Jeff

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that is great article

Best Regards,

TJ
Hi Tim... The link you posted in the article will not work here (or I would have listed it in my last post). I think it's because it is a link to another forum... But I am not sure..
Sponsored