Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] any pics of the new shift knob yet?!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Just added this shifter to my build list on your site. Hopefully I can pull the trigger on it before the weather turns.

-Jeff

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Just added this shifter to my build list on your site. Hopefully I can pull the trigger on it before the weather turns.

-Jeff
Glad to hear it!!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed my Tri-Ax shifter and like another user here, my shifter/center console gets quite warm when driving. Everything after the coin tray to the center console is warm to the touch, so much so that a lady passenger wouldn't be able to rest her leg on it. Did the install myself, everything was straight forward, dynamatted the whole trans tunnel opening and even some of the actual shifter (in places similar to where MGW recommends). Even went out and got some add'l heat wrap to add under the console and above the driveshaft. What could cause this?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I recently installed my Tri-Ax shifter and like another user here, my shifter/center console gets quite warm when driving. Everything after the coin tray to the center console is warm to the touch, so much so that a lady passenger wouldn't be able to rest her leg on it. Did the install myself, everything was straight forward, dynamatted the whole trans tunnel opening and even some of the actual shifter (in places similar to where MGW recommends). Even went out and got some add'l heat wrap to add under the console and above the driveshaft. What could cause this?

That's strange I don't have that issue at all and I just came from a track day. Also been daily driving don't notice any extra heat. Did you reinstall the stock rubber boot underneath the leather looking one. There's some stock stuff you need to put back. I think a foam/ insulation type piece too.

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's strange I don't have that issue at all and I just came from a track day. Also been daily driving don't notice any extra heat. Did you reinstall the stock rubber boot underneath the leather looking one. There's some stock stuff you need to put back. I think a foam/ insulation type piece too.
Yeah, transferred that over. Even transferred some foam padding from my MGW over to the steeda since it didn't come with any. I installed the steeda and after installation (before I put the trim back on) I could look down at the shifter and through the trans tunnel, I could see the ground. I though this was odd but figured that's how they intended it to be. Well drive it for a day and got a LOT of exhaust noise inside the cabin because of this as well as the heat. So I moved the foam padding MGW provides with their shifter onto the TriAx. That quieted the exhaust a lot but didn't help the heat much. Went out and grabbed more heat reduction and dynamat and went to town. Still having this issue. I'm just curious how this could happen and if there is a fix, because I didn't have any of this with my stock or MGW.

Sponsored
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Yeah, transferred that over. Even transferred some foam padding from my MGW over to the steeda since it didn't come with any. I installed the steeda and after installation (before I put the trim back on) I could look down at the shifter and through the trans tunnel, I could see the ground. I though this was odd but figured that's how they intended it to be. Well drive it for a day and got a LOT of exhaust noise inside the cabin because of this as well as the heat. So I moved the foam padding MGW provides with their shifter onto the TriAx. That quieted the exhaust a lot but didn't help the heat much. Went out and grabbed more heat reduction and dynamat and went to town. Still having this issue. I'm just curious how this could happen and if there is a fix, because I didn't have any of this with my stock or MGW.
We haven't experienced this scenario. Can you email me some photos of how you wrapped it? I'm assuming you used all of the Dynamat?

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You had an MGW in your S550, and you switched to the Tri-Ax? :shrug:

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
We haven't experienced this scenario. Can you email me some photos of how you wrapped it? I'm assuming you used all of the Dynamat?
I still have a little dynamat left as there was not more uncovered metal. I did overlap some pieces but given that the whole tunnel is getting hot and some places I couldn't reach or get into with the dynamat, I didn't know if it would help much or if I'd just be wasting more dynamat. I'll try to get some pics soon.

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You had an MGW in your S550, and you switched to the Tri-Ax? :shrug:
Just wanted the pull up reverse lockout back and heard nothing but praise for the steeda so gave it a shot.
Sponsored