Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Of course these are available right after I bought my RTR knob. I would have gladly got one of these.
No worries bud, these will be competitively priced and I'll take care of those that want to have another interchangeable shift knob option.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
No worries bud, these will be competitively priced and I'll take care of those that want to have another interchangeable shift knob option.
Bad ass!!!!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Haha patience is a virtue [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]. Ordering the black reverse lock-out collar today and the black shift knob will complete the look I'm after....stealth.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I may have missed it but are they weighted shift knobs??? Not a deal-breaker though...

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Haha patience is a virtue [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]. Ordering the black reverse lock-out collar today and the black shift knob will complete the look I'm after....stealth.
Haha awesome! And these knobs are not weighted, although we are working on offering a weighted one as well! :cheers:

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I love my Tri-Ax. The transmission with aftermarket fluid and this shifter feels amazing. Definitely a must buy for anyone with a manual. Everything is so crisp and precise. I went with the stiffest springs and it's still great for a DD. Engagement is easier and when I want to push the car I know I can trust the shifter.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I love my Tri-Ax. The transmission with aftermarket fluid and this shifter feels amazing. Definitely a must buy for anyone with a manual. Everything is so crisp and precise. I went with the stiffest springs and it's still great for a DD. Engagement is easier and when I want to push the car I know I can trust the shifter.
If you're happy, we're happy! Enjoy it! :cheers:

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
Maybe that is it.

I seem to remember reading about people needing to reef on (or drop) the drive shaft to get one of the bolts out. I just don't want to be in a situation where I've got the thing mostly apart and then get stuck...
In the middle of mine and that shifter arm is a pain to get out. You have to lower the tranny to wiggle the bolt out. I'm doing mine with xpipe and driveshaft still in tact. I'm taking my time with lots of breaks. Pretty straightforward job so far S550 arctic knight's vid is on point.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
In the middle of mine and that shifter arm is a pain to get out. You have to lower the tranny to wiggle the bolt out. I'm doing mine with xpipe and driveshaft still in tact. I'm taking my time with lots of breaks. Pretty straightforward job so far S550 arctic knight's vid is on point.
How did the rest of the install go? Did you end up removing the shift linkage and build the steeda off the car? Or did you follow arctic knight's lead and not remove shift linkage and build it on the car?

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did the rest of the install go? Did you end up removing the shift linkage and build the steeda off the car? Or did you follow arctic knight's lead and not remove shift linkage and build it on the car?
Honestly it's been easy going. I left off with removing that shifter arm bolt and I went to the gym. Been hitting it in spurts. I had some time today and got the entire shifter out today. Went pretty smooth. Following the vid and assembling it on the car. Now im leaving off with assembling the new one. Will report back next time I attack it. Its easy it's me, the stang, and arctic leading me thru.

Sponsored

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got er done today. Took her out to one of my local watering holes and my God! This is the way it should be from the factory. Nice tight and precise shifts. Felt really weird in the beginning, then you start getting used to it. Feels really good! Not much nvh. I put additional dynamat around the shifter underneath just in case. Damn great mod and would recommend to anyone on the fence about getting one. The install was a royal pain in the ass with the exhaust and driveshaft intact, but doable.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Got er done today. Took her out to one of my local watering holes and my God! This is the way it should be from the factory. Nice tight and precise shifts. Felt really weird in the beginning, then you start getting used to it. Feels really good! Not much nvh. I put additional dynamat around the shifter underneath just in case. Damn great mod and would recommend to anyone on the fence about getting one. The install was a royal pain in the ass with the exhaust and driveshaft intact, but doable.
Glad you're liking the new shifter! :cheers:

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
David@Steeda

So the Steeda shift knobs aren't ready yet? Just making sure I understand. Getting a shopping list together. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David@Steeda

So the Steeda shift knobs aren't ready yet? Just making sure I understand. Getting a shopping list together. :)
Should be on the site by tomorrow! :)

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David