Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces (w/ Video)

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I find it interesting that they fit so well it's almost like they were meant to be there. I haven't seen them in person, but watching the video it looks like there is a slot the brace fits right inside.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
TJ

I will be curious to to see how this will fit on the vert.

Thanks for thinking of us.

CvCashmere
Well, the convertible crowd may have to wait a little bit - I spoke to Scott & there are other projects ahead of these. We have to see what the demand is for the convertible owners ... there is a lot of time they will need to invest in these before they could make it a reality. They aren't ruling them out but for the moment, they are not taking precedence over there other stuff (K-member, etc.)

As a fellow Convertible owner, I will see what I can do :)

bucsfan514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT PP
Here is an informative video showcasing Steeda's S550 Mustang Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces for the S550.

Connecting in three (3) strategic points & triangulating the points help eliminate deflection from side to side & front to back. It also offers rigidity - helping the subframe to become more planted in place.

This video gives a great overview of what is taking place & how the IRS Subframe braces can be integrated to give your S550 the support it needs!

Check them out here & where they are currently on sale - link!

How long will this deal be up for?

Damn this forum is the worst.. too many damn temptations! Haha.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yep, money well spent on these IRS braces. I have Steeda parts all over my car and can honestly say I never had any quality or fitment issues with any of their parts. They perform as they were designed to.

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Convertible here.

I bought the Streeda IRS Bushings and Alignment inserts and would buy the brace if available. Would also buy the jacking rails except for the inexplicable difference in price between 99 for Coupes and 169 for verts.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How long will this deal be up for?

Damn this forum is the worst.. too many damn temptations! Haha.
It will run through the end of the year but we do have forum discount codes to help out during non-sale periods!

Shoot me an email when you are ready - you can email me at [email protected]

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Convertible here.

I bought the Streeda IRS Bushings and Alignment inserts and would buy the brace if available. Would also buy the jacking rails except for the inexplicable difference in price between 99 for Coupes and 169 for verts.
Now only $144 during our sale!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
TJ

Thanks for thinking of the vert owners. We can see how the brace turns out for the hardtop owners.

CVCasmere

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Well, the convertible crowd may have to wait a little bit - I spoke to Scott & there are other projects ahead of these. We have to see what the demand is for the convertible owners ... there is a lot of time they will need to invest in these before they could make it a reality. They aren't ruling them out but for the moment, they are not taking precedence over there other stuff (K-member, etc.)

As a fellow Convertible owner, I will see what I can do :)
Dang, was getting excited until these posts that said this was fastback only. :(

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
My laptop is not allowing me to see the video. I have two questions . How much do the braces weigh ? What metal are the braces made from ? aluminum ? Chrome moly ? , or steel ?

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Top quality! Bolts right up and works well, you can feel the difference.

Last edited:

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I find it interesting that they fit so well it's almost like they were meant to be there. I haven't seen them in person, but watching the video it looks like there is a slot the brace fits right inside.
Honestly, when viewing the area these fit it appears the Ford design team intentionally designed to accommodate a bracing system.
Ford's cost cutting or parts cheapening Dept. (aka, bean counters) may have very well removed braces from the original S550 scope.
As for Steeda and FoMoCo's relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if something like the Steeda brace was originally intended for OEM mass production or at minimum the Shelby GT350/R.
Sponsored