Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in - Now Available!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Your 2015-2016 Mustang comes with a 185 lb/in clutch assist spring installed from the factory. This high-rate spring is what causes such a vague and disconnected clutch pedal feel (many of you have experienced this). The clutch pedal travels in a circular arc, with the spring assist in the middle of that clutch pedal travel. The middle of that motion compresses the spring initially and then allows it to extend after the first 30 degrees of travel. The combination of a high-rate assist spring and motion of the pedal during engagement causes a non-linear and sometimes confusing pedal feel. Having a non-linear pedal feel makes it hard to modulate the clutch on your Mustang GT, EcoBoost or V6.

Steeda S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in (15-16 All)

Many new Mustang owners have found that taking out the stock OE spring will give you somewhat similar results, but realistically the clutch becomes far too heavy especially if your Mustang is daily driven. Most owners fail to realize the prolonged effects of simply taking out your factory OE spring and not replacing it with another spring. By negating your factory clutch assist spring you will notice chatter/NVH from your clutch pedal. Your clutch pedal will never fully return to stock position without any assist spring, and over time your slave cylinder may begin leaking due to constant pressure on its seals from the clutch pedal not returning to the stock position. Avoid these problems in the future by installing our Steeda S550 Mustang Clutch Assist Spring 35 lb/in into your GT, EcoBoost or V6.

Our 35 lb/in clutch assist spring completely replaces the factory 185 lb/in assist spring. Our engineers have honed in on just the right amount of spring rate to get you the perfect clutch pedal feel you look for in a Mustang. This assist spring is manufactured from piano wire that naturally has high tensile strength and high elastic qualities. Our piano wire spring ensures a consistent spring rate and minimal sag even after repeated use. With the addition of our clutch assist spring, you will notice a much more linear feeling clutch - the reason being is that we take out much of the influence involved in your clutch pedal motion caused by the assist spring, allowing you to feel exactly what is happening with your clutch engagement.

Key Benefits:

- Improve clutch pedal engagement feel
- Modulate your clutch engagement with ease
- Piano wire construction with high tensile strength and high elastic qualities
- Consistent spring rate and minimal sag even after repeated use
- More linear clutch feel
- Complete replacement of factory 185 lb/in clutch assist spring
- Avoid slave cylinder damage due to removal of stock clutch spring
- Steeda quality, backed by a lifetime warranty

We've already sold a bunch of these, in stock and ready to ship!

steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022-00.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022-01.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022-02.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022-03.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022-04.jpg
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Looks...

Looks like a another great quality part from Steeda, you guys are great! I'm sure this is something I my need for my new 350..... :cheers: Thanks David, John

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Looks like a another great quality part from Steeda, you guys are great! I'm sure this is something I my need for my new 350..... :cheers: Thanks David, John
I'll set one aside for your 350, John! :)

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Me and a few club members will be placing an order :thumbsup:

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
We've already sold a bunch of these, in stock and ready to ship!

Very cool. I took my spring out about 6 months ago and don't have any problem with the feel...got used to the stiffer feel pretty quick.

But I did go and check my clutch pedal play just now and see I do have about 1/4" to 3/8" travel where it is not all the way to the top. I think this might have happened over time because it was not like that at first.

I assume only 35lbs as compared to the original spring will give a very close feel to no spring at all, yet keep that pedal all the way up when not in use. So this is a no brainer for $9.95.

Just ordered one. Thanks!

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
so what makes the 35lb the spring to get? as opposed to the 59lb? i am sure you have been following the spring thread...

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Annoying that it is $10 for the part and $9 for shipping. Could be thrown in a padded envelope with a label.

$.35 for the envelope
$2.60 USPS shipping anywhere in the USA for up to 8oz of weight (this would probably be about 4-5oz)

Would be nice to see it for about $15 shipped...

Sponsored
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Man these have been flying off the shelf tonight! One step closer to a more linear clutch feel, guys!

728 PONY

728 Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT premium p/p
Just ordered the spring...Yet another Steeda part to add to my collection... Finally installing the sub-frame and differential bushings this weekend....:thumbsup:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Going to order one of these. But need to find the part number for the stock one first. Broke mine when I took it out last year. Ha.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My spring came in. I'm trying to put it on this morning and I can not get the stock one off. The position of the stock spring puts the two coils towards the brake pedal and so there is not enough room to wedge the needle nose vice grip in there to clamp down and compress the center coils of the spring. I can not get the stock spring off. Tips anyone?

....I fckn hate cars...this is exactly why I NEVER EVER work on cars....my patience level is nil and everytime I think I can do a "level of difficulty-easy" it always ends up kicking me in the MTHR-FCKN NUTS! ......
Sponsored