Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links Reviewed (w/ Video)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

Here is another video from our video series showcasing our Billet Aluminum Vertical Links.

Steeda's S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links greatly reduce wheel hop by eliminating the deflection found in the soft rubber bushings of the stock vertical links, yet do not add any NVH (Noise, Vibration or Harshness). We offer our Vertical Links with either Polyurethane or Delrin Bushings to best suit your use.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have had these on both my S550's now. Eye candy, they are honestly beautiful. They are also functional as stated. Steeda's CNC billet work is unsurpassed.

Cdshivers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium Performance Pkg
Vehicle Showcase
I have these on my car. Very positive!
Do you have Delrin or Poly and can you explain how your car feels with the one you have? I'm about to buy these and was originally going to get the Delrin until I actually called Steeda and they've made me question wether I should get poly instead...

I haven't tracked my car "yet" (15K miles)... but I want to make sure when I launch (wether street or strip) that I reduce as much wheel hop as possible.... my main goal is to lower my 0-60 time (not foot)...

Thanks!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Do you have Delrin or Poly and can you explain how your car feels with the one you have? I'm about to buy these and was originally going to get the Delrin until I actually called Steeda and they've made me question wether I should get poly instead...

I haven't tracked my car "yet" (15K miles)... but I want to make sure when I launch (wether street or strip) that I reduce as much wheel hop as possible.... my main goal is to lower my 0-60 time (not foot)...

Thanks!
Granted I don't have them so take what I say with a grain of salt but the derlin is likely gonna add nvh, while better for drag racing, a poly bushing should still work wonders, not as good but not induce any nvh. To me poly for street cars, derlin for track only cars. I could be wrong but this is how I understand it.

Sponsored

Cdshivers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Granted I don't have them so take what I say with a grain of salt but the derlin is likely gonna add nvh, while better for drag racing, a poly bushing should still work wonders, not as good but not induce any nvh. To me poly for street cars, derlin for track only cars. I could be wrong but this is how I understand it.
I tend to get a bit technical, but I wonder if the NVH is something I'd care about... I understand there's going to be a certain amount of NVH from several performance vehicles just based on it's category... I just want to make sure that if I buy the Poly instead of the Delrin, that I'm not going to be missing out on shorter launch times (0-60mph) and less wheel hop while on the street per say.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I tend to get a bit technical, but I wonder if the NVH is something I'd care about... I understand there's going to be a certain amount of NVH from several performance vehicles just based on it's category... I just want to make sure that if I buy the Poly instead of the Delrin, that I'm not going to be missing out on shorter launch times (0-60mph) and less wheel hop while on the street per say.
The vertical links are low on the totem pole as far IRS mods go, first of all. So I would not worry about missing out on something. You might consider spherical bearing links if you are chasing every last little piece of time and you had gutted the interior and stuff along those lines.

There is a little NVH difference though. I noticed better behavior moving from the Delrin bushing links to the Polyurethane if that helps you! I recommend either the Billet Aluminum Poly ones from Steeda like I have or the BMR Poly version. The good thing about the BMR ones is they are greasable on car! I have not had any issues with the Steeda vertical links in terms of noise, none whatsoever. :beer:

Switching to the Poly vertical links my car felt slightly more compliant. I won't go in further in detail because it's just one piece to the puzzle of quite a few IRS mods.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
To me as my car is a daily, nvh is important, I had a car where I threw caution to the wind and didn't give a crap about nvh. I won't do that again on a daily driver. There needs to be a ballance when you mod a daily and to me nvh should not be something that you compromise on if it can be helped. I want my suspension to work, but I don't want to hear it working

Cdshivers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The vertical links are low on the totem pole as far IRS mods go, first of all. So I would not worry about missing out on something. You might consider spherical bearing links if you are chasing every last little piece of time and you had gutted the interior and stuff along those lines.

There is a little NVH difference though. I noticed better behavior moving from the Delrin bushing links to the Polyurethane if that helps you! I recommend either the Billet Aluminum Poly ones from Steeda like I have or the BMR Poly version. The good thing about the BMR ones is they are greasable on car! I have not had any issues with the Steeda vertical links in terms of noise, none whatsoever. :beer:

Switching to the Poly vertical links my car felt slightly more compliant. I won't go in further in detail because it's just one piece to the puzzle of quite a few IRS mods.
Yes, this is a big help. Especially knowing you’ve used both! Do you think you’re sacrificing any acceleration performance on the street using poly vs. delrin?

I agree it’s a big puzzle. My original intention was to first install the vertical links, but Steeda had a huge sale last year and I wound up installing the stop the hop starter kit first. Which has made a significant improvement!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yes, this is a big help. Especially knowing you’ve used both! Do you think you’re sacrificing any acceleration performance on the street using poly vs. delrin?

I agree it’s a big puzzle. My original intention was to first install the vertical links, but Steeda had a huge sale last year and I wound up installing the stop the hop starter kit first. Which has made a significant improvement!
No I HIGHLY doubt it gives up any acceleration performance.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No I HIGHLY doubt it gives up any acceleration performance.
Not for us, but for those 1200hp guys pursuing drag records? Probably helps a bit to get as much of their power through the suspension and to the ground with less give. That's why the Delrin offerings are there for the hardcore guys that need it, but Poly is still offered for "best without the negatives".

Cdshivers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I think this all gives me the answers I was looking for... I guess if Steeda had posted on their site that the delrin is best suited for competition or high horsepower applications, then it would’ve been easier for me to make my decision :giggle:

Thanks guys! Been a real help!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well I think this all gives me the answers I was looking for... I guess if Steeda had posted on their site that the delrin is best suited for competition or high horsepower applications, then it would’ve been easier for me to make my decision :giggle:

Thanks guys! Been a real help!
In my conversations with SteedaTech he says polyurethane for street and road racing.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I guess if Steeda had posted on their site that the delrin is best suited for competition or high horsepower applications, then it would’ve been easier for me to make my decision :giggle:
IF that is not in jest...Did you click the link in the OP to check their site at all?

Steeda Vertical Link Application recommendations:
Or the video that was embedded? Brian says Delrin for power and strip, poly for road racing and cornering.

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Those interested, these Steeda S550 vertical links are $54 off (20%) right now.
Sponsored