Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Received my Active shocks! fast service!
Planning to install them this week. Feedback will follow....

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Received my Active shocks! fast service!
Planning to install them this week. Feedback will follow....
Look forward to the feedback - we are sure you will be very pleased with the end-results :)

We appreciate you choosing Steeda!!

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
Will the billet rear mounts for stock and ford racing shocks work with these? If not is there a specific top nut spacer kit for them? Rather not buy the entire mounts again.

Sponsored

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Will the billet rear mounts for stock and ford racing shocks work with these? If not is there a specific top nut spacer kit for them? Rather not buy the entire mounts again.
The thread pitch for the active shocks is 10mm x 1.5, which is the same as stock shocks and ford racing shocks

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
I have the progressives with the pro-action adjustable shocks. I know the handling of my current setup would be superior to that if the progressives and active shocks configuration.

What I want to know is, do the active shocks settings change based on what mode your in? I have the PP car, so if I go from normal to sport to track does that change the active shocks as well? Or do the shocks have a single operating mode that is in effect no mater what mode I put the car in?

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have the progressives with the pro-action adjustable shocks. I know the handling of my current setup would be superior to that if the progressives and active shocks configuration.

What I want to know is, do the active shocks settings change based on what mode your in? I have the PP car, so if I go from normal to sport to track does that change the active shocks as well? Or do the shocks have a single operating mode that is in effect no mater what mode I put the car in?
The modes in the car have nothing to do with suspension setting unless you have a magnaride car. In a Non-magnaride car, the settings adjust transmission tuning and traction control settings

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
The modes in the car have nothing to do with suspension setting unless you have a magnaride car. In a Non-magnaride car, the settings adjust transmission tuning and traction control settings
Right. However since these are active shocks I wasn’t sure I’d they were mode aware or not. This answers my question

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Right. However since these are active shocks I wasn’t sure I’d they were mode aware or not. This answers my question
Active as in self adapting to road conditions. All mechanical!

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Will this setup with the minimum drop springs help with performance from a dig? I would expect ride and handling to improve, but it looks like the minimum drop springs have a little more rate than the stock performance pack in both front and rear -- maybe I misunderstand what helps when launching? I'd like the look, and a little more everything -- but I have to drive my car on the street, ultimately. Most drag setups I've seen have more rate in back, but less in front to facilitate weight transfer to the rears -- but maybe stiffer rears are the more important component?

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
After much deliberation I decided to go with the Steeda Pro-Active along with progressive springs on my 2015 LE 50 year Mustang GT. First, I got a great price on the combo from jigar and 2nd my equipment was on my doorstep in two days after ordering. Here are my impressions good and bad after three days of mixed driving over smooth, rough, asphalt and concrete roads.

The good......I like the look of the lower stance much more than I anticipated I would. It handles great, and I was not terribly disappointed in the way it handled with the stock set-up, but it is much flatter in the corners now......much closer to the way the German cars I have owned (BMW Audi) handle IMO.

The indifferent.......Does it ride better....yes....is it still a bit too harsh, yes IMO. Here is where it is definitely better. On roads that have been patched, have small dips and cracks in them, it is much more compliant. You still feel them, but they are much less bone rattling now. On the sections of concrete roadway that have seams in them, you don't feel the seams nearly as bad, but it still bounces way too much on the uneven concrete sections that aren't smooth. In fact I can't tell a lot of difference in that aspect from stock to the Steeda set-up.

The bad.......it's a pretty good chunk of change to spend between the cost of the product and the cost of the install if you aren't able to do it yourself.

In the end I am very pleased with it and would do it again. If you are like me and plan on keeping your ride for a good many years I highly recommend it as it is a much more pleasing place to be over the long haul. And BTW a shout-out to Lethal Performance in Jefferson City Tennessee for the install. They went the extra mile and stayed after hours to make sure it was spot on and had zero squeaks or rattles.
IMG_1084.jpg

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
After much deliberation I decided to go with the Steeda Pro-Active along with progressive springs on my 2015 LE 50 year Mustang GT. First, I got a great price on the combo from jigar and 2nd my equipment was on my doorstep in two days after ordering. Here are my impressions good and bad after three days of mixed driving over smooth, rough, asphalt and concrete roads.

The good......I like the look of the lower stance much more than I anticipated I would. It handles great, and I was not terribly disappointed in the way it handled with the stock set-up, but it is much flatter in the corners now......much closer to the way the German cars I have owned (BMW Audi) handle IMO.

The indifferent.......Does it ride better....yes....is it still a bit too harsh, yes IMO. Here is where it is definitely better. On roads that have been patched, have small dips and cracks in them, it is much more compliant. You still feel them, but they are much less bone rattling now. On the sections of concrete roadway that have seams in them, you don't feel the seams nearly as bad, but it still bounces way too much on the uneven concrete sections that aren't smooth. In fact I can't tell a lot of difference in that aspect from stock to the Steeda set-up.

The bad.......it's a pretty good chunk of change to spend between the cost of the product and the cost of the install if you aren't able to do it yourself.

In the end I am very pleased with it and would do it again. If you are like me and plan on keeping your ride for a good many years I highly recommend it as it is a much more pleasing place to be over the long haul. And BTW a shout-out to Lethal Performance in Jefferson City Tennessee for the install. They went the extra mile and stayed after hours to make sure it was spot on and had zero squeaks or rattles.
IMG_1084.jpg
Did you have any additional stuff installed to get it aligned?

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
Did you have any additional stuff installed to get it aligned?
No.......I have not had it aligned yet. Lethal Performance told me to drive it for a week and then bring it back in to be aligned. BTW it drives and handles great. I didn't expect it to ride like my wife's Mercedes after the install, and while it is definitely better, it is still a tad bit stiffer ride than a 3 series BMW that I am used to driving.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
No.......I have not had it aligned yet. Lethal Performance told me to drive it for a week and then bring it back in to be aligned. BTW it drives and handles great. I didn't expect it to ride like my wife's Mercedes after the install, and while it is definitely better, it is still a tad bit stiffer ride than a 3 series BMW that I am used to driving.
Keep us updated! I'm wondering if you'll need camber bolts or plates to get back into spec -- probably not...
Sponsored