Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Front Control Arms (Lateral and Tension Link)

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I just received the front control arm bearing kit (still in box) from Steeda assuming that the newer control arms would come without the bearings. Will I be able to return the bearings if I purchase the complete arms with the bearings?
Same here. I bought the front control arm bearing kit on Black Friday, but it is still in the box.
Hopefully [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] or [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] will chime in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Same here. I bought the front control arm bearing kit on Black Friday, but it is still in the box.
Hopefully [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] or [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] will chime in.
It will be much more when you include the control arm with the bearing.
If your tension links is good, it is more cost effective to just replace the bearing.
It's very easy to press in and out about ten minutes once the tension link is removed.

I will have numbers for you all on Tuesday, so you can determine what's best for you.

Thanks
Steeda Tech

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] - for those who already have bumpsteer kits from Steeda, will theses need to be adjusted if installing these control arms?

This replaces both control arms on the front correct? And is it possible to change both arms for bearings instead of bushings ?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] - for those who already have bumpsteer kits from Steeda, will theses need to be adjusted if installing these control arms?

This replaces both control arms on the front correct? And is it possible to change both arms for bearings instead of bushings ?
Yes,with the front control with the extended ball joint it is recommended to use our bump-steer kit, yes your bump-steer will need to be re-adjusted once you install the control arm.

We offer the rear tension link with the bearings already installed.

Both arms are to P/P specifications.

Steeda tech

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
It would be interesting to see a close up on how the ball joints differ from stock. Does anybody have any before and after pics of these installed?

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I wish I had ordered that front control arm bearing kit on Black Friday!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just installed the lateral links (front lower control arms) this weekend. You'll all want to prepare to do a quick garage toe alignment before you head off to the alignment rack as you'll get toe out after installation. My passenger side OEM arm took, let's say, a lot of convincing to come out of the knuckle. Driver side, no problem. Installation of the new arms went well. What I did is carefully put a jack under the arm once the ball joint was seated in the knuckle so the ball joint wouldn't spin when I tightened/torqued the nut. I'll have some pictures, tips later, once I've confirmed I've done everything right. The car is at my chosen Ford dealer getting a list of warranty work done (EVAP issue, windshield wiper fluid nozzles don't work, cooling fans squeal... ug). Had to trailer it there because I'm like 50 miles from 36,000 and the dealer was 51 miles from where I keep my car! In case you want to know, the S550 does fit on a U-Haul trailer... ;)

I have just the front upper (tension) arm bearing, not the new arm Steeda sells. Since I went through the process of changing the bushing to a bearing, I will keep what I have. I'm not worried about it, my car is not that low.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
@SteedaTech - for those who already have bumpsteer kits from Steeda, will theses need to be adjusted if installing these control arms?

Not clear on how the Steeda Bumpsteer kit (which I've already installed) attaches to these control arms. I thought that's what the bumpsteer kit did was to adjust the alignment of the control arm. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It doesn't. You are changing geometry some so adjusting the bump steer kit during your new alignment is what you'll want to pay attention to.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Thanks Wildcatgoal. I was misunderstanding what the control arms are. Based on Steeda's description, I'm not sure how much gain is acquired by these for a street car with 1" drop.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I can’t even begin to quantify that for you and frankly what this does and how it does it is over my head, but I spoke to Mike D at Steeda and was convinced to use these and I only have .75” drop woth the Dual Rates. This is used on their race car with the same springs as me (when it had the springs/struts anyway). So.. we’ll see.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm a little confused with the 3 options, so let me see if i got this right.

cheapest option is arms with rubber bushings, second option is arms with bearings, third option is arms with bearings fitted. Have i got that right?

Does the cheapest option come with the factory bushings in the PP cars?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little confused with the 3 options, so let me see if i got this right.

cheapest option is arms with rubber bushings, second option is arms with bearings, third option is arms with bearings fitted. Have i got that right?

Does the cheapest option come with the factory bushings in the PP cars?
The tension link (forward arm) has a bushing in all variants. The PP cars have bearings in the lateral link (rearward arm), the non PP with bushings.

The full setup here replaces both arms with ones that have bearings, and the lateral link has roll center correction.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Right. So if all i want is roll centre correction all i need is the front control arm. Cool!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Right. So if all i want is roll centre correction all i need is the front control arm. Cool!
Rearward one, actually. The lateral link.
Sponsored