Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Soft shock settings are crap for handing with these springs, oh I agree. Stiff (maybe full stiff, maybe a few 10ths back, I need to test more) is where they feel the best for aggressive driving, no doubt. Its not a bad drive with the shocks set on stiff, not exactly.

But I still run them close to full soft for commutting, and I’ve tested them extensively on every 10th setting on the same stretch of bumpy road. I took video of the wheel movement as well. Theres a setting near full soft where the car is more comfortable over ugly roads. I dont like how the car handles in corners on that setting at all, but it makes the commute over some of the worst roads in town bearable. Nobody says you have to run them on soft. For any sort of sporting use, neither do I
Sponsored

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
@SteedaTech

Thanks again for the stickers that work well with a Blue car! As promised, here are a couple of pics from last weekend at MSR Cresson. I tried to pick one showing the Dual-rate springs (& adjustables & anti-roll bars) doing their thing. This was my first weekend on the Conti slicks, so was getting used to them. Was surprised that I did not get close to or set a new personal best. Need to look at my Harry's data more, but the only other variable that might be at play is that I had tightened up the rear sway bar from softest to middle to try and remove some understeer. All I can think of is that maybe this did not help me much and I am unconsciously more worried about slip at the rear and don't have as much confidence getting back on power.

Going to COTA in May, haven't been since 2014 and not in this car, so looking forward to it. :like: I'm going to go back to the softest rear setting, if for no other reason than to give me more confidence on that very fast track. (Front has only been at 2nd from end.)

Picture1 MSR Cresson Mar 2019.jpg
Picture2 MSR Cresson Mar 2019.jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
@SteedaTech

Thanks again for the stickers that work well with a Blue car! As promised, here are a couple of pics from last weekend at MSR Cresson. I tried to pick one showing the Dual-rate springs (& adjustables & anti-roll bars) doing their thing. This was my first weekend on the Conti slicks, so was getting used to them. Was surprised that I did not get close to or set a new personal best. Need to look at my Harry's data more, but the only other variable that might be at play is that I had tightened up the rear sway bar from softest to middle to try and remove some understeer. All I can think of is that maybe this did not help me much and I am unconsciously more worried about slip at the rear and don't have as much confidence getting back on power.

Going to COTA in May, haven't been since 2014 and not in this car, so looking forward to it. :like: I'm going to go back to the softest rear setting, if for no other reason than to give me more confidence on that very fast track. (Front has only been at 2nd from end.)

Picture1 MSR Cresson Mar 2019.jpg
Picture2 MSR Cresson Mar 2019.jpg
I ran COTA with these springs and shocks/struts set to almost full soft. Pulled just over 1G on street tires. You'll love it

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The car does like weight though, seems to ride better for "comfort" with two passengers than one and I had been joking that I may haul a bag of concrete mix or sand in my trunk for comfort and then just pull it out and chunk it on track days...
If your area has HOT lanes, that's what the anatomically correct manikin filled with warm water is for.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

]
Awesome photos bud; so jealous you’ll get to drive COTA. For three years I lived only an hour away and never got the chance.

Quick Q: did you set your personal best time before lowering the car? If so, do you have the roll center correction/bumpsteer kit?

Sponsored

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
I ran COTA with these springs and shocks/struts set to almost full soft. Pulled just over 1G on street tires. You'll love it
Thanks @Performance nut, looking forward to getting back down to COTA!

Awesome photos bud; so jealous you’ll get to drive COTA. For three years I lived only an hour away and never got the chance.

Quick Q: did you set your personal best time before lowering the car? If so, do you have the roll center correction/bumpsteer kit?
Thanks @Roadway 5.0! Definitely set it after lowering the car, was running NT01's. I do not have the bumpsteer kit, these springs lower about 3/4", and I have not felt anything weird. Was something I was thinking about though...

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Roadway 5.0! Definitely set it after lowering the car, was running NT01's. I do not have the bumpsteer kit, these springs lower about 3/4", and I have not felt anything weird. Was something I was thinking about though...
I brought up the roll center/bumpsteer kit because it gave me considerably more confidence in my steering efforts after lowering the car. Doesn't seem to be your issue though, as you mentioned. Learning new bar settings and tires can certainly sink the ship, or maybe some time off from racing or the track surface being much cooler this time of year could have slowed you down too.

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
I brought up the roll center/bumpsteer kit because it gave me considerably more confidence in my steering efforts after lowering the car. Doesn't seem to be your issue though, as you mentioned. Learning new bar settings and tires can certainly sink the ship, or maybe some time off from racing or the track surface being much cooler this time of year could have slowed you down too.
Appreciate the tip, I will keep thinking about it. Yeah, I thought about weather, etc, but I think it is something else. I thought my 7 weekend tires were aging out (2 yrs of use) late last year, but with new rubber and not-too-cold temps, I was still too far off. Some bit could be ME, but I don't think that explains everything. I have some Harry's data, but just haven't taken the time to dig deeper into it - yet...

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hi Steve, looking forward to your feed back. On our #20 car that won the SAARC championship we used the same Dual Rate rear spring with our coil over set up for the front.
We were faster than the Boss 302R with a experienced racer at Sebring,

2018 SARRC CHAMP.jpg
Finally got some autocross runs in last weekend but it was cold and wet. I really enjoyed the balance the car had and the way I could sling it around though. I need to get into an event with warm, dry weather to make best use of the Stones to know for sure how the car will be. That should be coming up soon at the Crows Champ Tour in a couple weeks.

Last weekend I was on:

Front - 450 lb springs, Steeda FSB on full stiff, max camber between the plates and camber bolts, zero toe
Rear - Steeda DR springs, V6 RSB, about half as much camber as up front, @ 1/4" toe-in
255/40/19 BFG Comp-2 A/S on 19x10s (it was mid-40s and raining, ugh)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had a good Mineral Wells Tour event a couple of weeks ago after a few cold and wet autox events. I hear the car really starts working in CAMC trim with ~500 ft/lb front springs, but its still very capable with the DR front & rear springs.

Ended up 1st/10 in CAMC against a handful of S197 cars, a Camaro or two and one more well driven S550 on coilovers.

The car is really rewarding to drive at the limit with the DRs and Bridgestone RE71Rs (and some other parts).

I wish I had the budget for MCS-2 way shocks. The Konis I’ve got are working for now, but the car deserves better :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steve and NightmareMoo, Thank you for your feed back. We run full soft on our bars front and rear with the Steeda dual rate springs and found the car to be very predictable and easy to drive.
Mike D

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Just heard back from one of our PP2 Magneride HPDE customer that he went 4 seconds a lap faster than the previous weekend at Sebring.
Only change was Steeda Magneride Dual Rate Springs,Steeda Camber Plates and Steeda sway bar end links.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just heard back from one of our PP2 Magneride HPDE customer that he went 4 seconds a lap faster than the previous weekend at Sebring.
Only change was Steeda Magneride Dual Rate Springs,Steeda Camber Plates and Steeda sway bar end links.
Damn, helluva improvement!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and greater familiarity with the track, camber changes, and the general peace of mind/confidence that arises from knowing Steeda upgrades were installed. :) Maybe TJ you could have the driver pipe up with before and after geometry changes and so forth?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
and greater familiarity with the track, camber changes, and the general peace of mind/confidence that arises from knowing Steeda upgrades were installed. :) Maybe TJ you could have the driver pipe up with before and after geometry changes and so forth?
This was done on the Sebring long course. 2.0 neg camber front and 1.7 rear. This is his daily driver as well.
On our HPDE S550 we run 2.5 neg camber front 1.7 rear.
Steeda Tech
Sponsored