Sponsored

Steeda's New 3" Exhaust for the S550 Mustang (Video Clip Inside)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
I assume you just want to get the GT one. It should bolt right up to the V6.
Oh really? Huh. I had no idea, only owned my mustang for about two weeks! It has a flowmaster axle back of some sort, but way to just noisy and drones horribly on the highway.

Though when I get a new exhaust here in the next month looking to get longtube headers and such as well.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Oh really? Huh. I had no idea, only owned my mustang for about two weeks! It has a flowmaster axle back of some sort, but way to just noisy and drones horribly on the highway.

Though when I get a new exhaust here in the next month looking to get longtube headers and such as well.
Nice congrats!

I swapped from Roush axle backs to a Borla atak and there is zero drone on the highway and around town. It’s a great, refined exhaust. Anything Borla is probably a safe bet.

Sponsored

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Nice congrats!

I swapped from Roush axle backs to a Borla atak and there is zero drone on the highway and around town. It’s a great, refined exhaust. Anything Borla is probably a safe bet.
Yeah was thinking borla touring with bbk long tube headers and bbk catted h pipe. All together with a tune from...well somewhere haha.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I thought there was a difference in pipe sizes between GT and V6 of 2.5" vs 2.25".

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I thought there was a difference in pipe sizes between GT and V6 of 2.5" vs 2.25".
There is, but any GT catback will connect just fine (assuming it connects to a stock GT).

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
There is, but any GT catback will connect just fine (assuming it connects to a stock GT).
Gotcha! So the connection point diameters are the same, Ford just reduced the pipe size from there for the V6 catback.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
So would I gain anything by buying a GT exhaust? Was looking at the Borla Touring, but I really like this Steeda 3" exhaust thats advertised.

Im a computer tech not a mechanic though, all this Mustang stuff has me a little befuddled to be honest. I want more horsepower and torque, for just the pure giggles and fun.

But also want a refined, deep sound to go with it.

Thanks for all the information!

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So would I gain anything by buying a GT exhaust? Was looking at the Borla Touring, but I really like this Steeda 3" exhaust thats advertised.

Im a computer tech not a mechanic though, all this Mustang stuff has me a little befuddled to be honest. I want more horsepower and torque, for just the pure giggles and fun.

But also want a refined, deep sound to go with it.

Thanks for all the information!
If you're staying NA, 3" won't help you. If you go boost later on, the larger diameter will probably help. Exhaust overall for an NA car won't increase power much, but it will increase your giggles and fun hearing the exhaust!

Can't comment on how this setup will sound on a V6 (and wouldn't even be able to test it for them to give a proper idea of the sound because I have no cats). Borla Touring / S-Type is one of the tested and true setups you can put on the V6.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
If you're staying NA, 3" won't help you. If you go boost later on, the larger diameter will probably help. Exhaust overall for an NA car won't increase power much, but it will increase your giggles and fun hearing the exhaust!

Can't comment on how this setup will sound on a V6 (and wouldn't even be able to test it for them to give a proper idea of the sound because I have no cats). Borla Touring / S-Type is one of the tested and true setups you can put on the V6.
Well i was looking at getting the long tube headers, catted mid, borla touring first. Then after wheels and tires going to a local place that installs the Procharger supercharger and dyno tunes it.

Im wavering between the Touring and the S-Type as I type this haha.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase

I agree with the Borla setups. My only complaint is that my Atak catback is too quiet. I talked to a Borla rep and he said if I did an x pipe I would introduce drone.

Regarldess, I would love to test out this Steeda catback. I have a hunch it would sound mean with my shorty headers.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It's nice that any GT catback bolts on to the V6 cars. I think Borla V6 catbacks ought to go down in price since they don't make the V6 any more. :wink:

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
It's nice that any GT catback bolts on to the V6 cars. I think Borla V6 catbacks ought to go down in price since they don't make the V6 any more. :wink:
Yeah I bought this V6 Used, and it was only 14500 for a 23k mileage car. So worked right into my credit ability. Then I drive home and find out there not making the V6 anymore haha!

Oh well. I love this car. Other then it not being a GT its my dream car.
Sponsored