Sponsored

Steeda's Mustang Rear Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearings - Hot Item!

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
What are you looking to know? Happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ
Could I and/or should I use the "Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit" with the BMR cradle lock out kit?
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any way to install them without a press or can I get away with some other kind of press without bringing it to a shop?

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
There may be a troll here, I got a reply on pg 2 of this thread saying, "Remove 1" from the gas tank side", of which the car has a split tank. I have the 2nd run or welded BMR cb005 which needs a 1/2" cut from the front pair of bushings. Do tell.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There are 4 locations cut the 2 on the tank side. Follow the cutting advice bmr gave in the other thread depending on what version cb005 you have.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great review from Matt on the subject!

I have installed it all. IRS Alignment kit, IRS Braces, vertical links, toe link bearings, GT350R springs, and Steeda Fixed Valve shocks. All of them helped the suspension work so much better however there was always a grip and give in the rear end under load and the wheel hop still existed. I installed the Rear control arm spherical bearings and it is AMAZING the difference in the way it handles and the wheel hop is completely gone!. This is by far my favorite mod to date but I will say be careful pressing them in. They are steel and the control arm is aluminum make sure you have it good and square or you could do some damage. Thank you Steeda for another quality product.
We appreciate the support!

TJ

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Got my bearings in and looking forward to getting them on the car!

Question for Steeda: are you aware of any dust boots that can be made to fit in this application?

Also question on installing these: the install guides from steeda, upr, and bmr all call for varying degrees of suspension/subframe disassembly to install these. I'm wondering why this might be? I'd love to follow the BMR disassembly instructions since they're half as long as the steeda directions but then again they say just pull the control arm out without decompression the spring somehow which of course is not safe/workable. Any insight here?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Question for Steeda: are you aware of any dust boots that can be made to fit in this application?

Also question on installing these: the install guides from steeda, upr, and bmr all call for varying degrees of suspension/subframe disassembly to install these. I'm wondering why this might be? I'd love to follow the BMR disassembly instructions since they're half as long as the steeda directions but then again they say just pull the control arm out without decompression the spring somehow which of course is not safe/workable. Any insight here?
With the arm in full droop there isn't much compression of the rear springs at all. Removing the arm isn't unsafe to do in that way. It's not like a strut, where a pretty large percentage of the free height is taken up just to get the strut mount on.

You'll need to remove the arms anyway just to get them into a press to remove the bushings/install the bearings.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
With the right bendy socket, you can basically follow the BMR instructions. I certainly did not disassembly as much as Steeda's instructions suggest, but those are made assuming the person is without the more expensive sockets.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yeah the expensive ones. Mine are black. Not those crappy attachment things.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah at full droop, the springs aren’t compressed. Dropping one side of the subframe is the same procedure you use to get the springs out for a swap anyway. Its not like the front struts.

We didnt detatch the exhaust, my mechanic had a good swivel socket that worked with enough impact power tool. I think I unhooked the rear exhaust hangers tho. Im really glad that job is done and over with.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah at full droop, the springs aren’t compressed. Dropping one side of the subframe is the same procedure you use to get the springs out for a swap anyway. Its not like the front struts.

We didnt detatch the exhaust, my mechanic had a good swivel socket that worked with enough impact power tool. I think I unhooked the rear exhaust hangers tho. Im really glad that job is done and over with.
Yeah, not looking forward to it...
Sponsored