lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Just ordered from Steeda the Live Wire TS tuner Friday
The air lift kit is on my list later this year maybe (another screen / control panel)

I had an idea to make an accessory panel to mount this stuff to - I was going to keep it simple - sheet of aluminum painted black no bigger then an 8x10 sheet of paper that I could mount to the right of the center console vertically and mount these screens to it. Maybe hinged so I could hide it under the glove box some how when not needed -

- then I was watching a disassembly video of the center console online.

The silver color panel at the top of the center console on top of the dash - what if this could be modified to spring load open (like a sun glass holder normally does) - open up to say 5 inches high where these components could be mounted to?

Thinking a 2 step process of sorts; push down on it and it opens up to 5 inches - while it's opening, a front panel folds out to show these components mounted to it.

Some dash might need to be cut out (if I remember the video properly) but if done right, could look stock closed and fancy open.

Even if the panel is just static open and molded properly - just to give a surface to mount components to / monitors to. There's not a lot of free real estate on the dash anywhere to put some of these things.

I don't have a 3d printer but it looks like you guys have the stuff to prototype something maybe.
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Some type of handle situation for closing the rear trunk from the inside something that will last, i had one of the pulls that uses the clips space but it busted after long while
I second it.

CVCashmere

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
how about a decent looking shift handle for automatics? the stock one looks like its trying to appear as if its as a manual, and the only aftermarket ones ive seen are vertical with finger grooves that look goofy. a T Style like on the older ones (2012?) would be awesome.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Your message to the Mustang community states “With manufacturing facilities in Valdosta, GA ... we design, engineer & manufacture our parts right here in the U.S.A. ... making anything possible!”

My Online Question to Steeda- A few months ago my wife purchased the Steeda Cold Air Intake (555-3193) for my 2015 Mustang GT Convertible. Now that it is getting warmer I noticed that the inlet temp is much higher during slow driving or while at stop lights. For example yesterday the Inlet Air Temp shows 158 and the Outside temp showed 89. Once the car got up to highway speeds for about a mile the Inlet Air Temp temp went back to within a few degrees of the outside air temp. I think that the CAI seal is not sealing properly and is allowing hot engine temps into the CAI box. Does Steeda have a taller seal that would help seal the CAI box thereby reducing CAI inlet temps? If not any suggestions?

Steeda Response- Hey Roger, the IAT will always be higher and rising when the car is at idle or sitting still. Once you get moving it should cool on down. That is normal functionality of a CAI. Nothing seems to be wrong with what you have explained to me.*

My solution was to purchase a small trash can from Home Depot cut it and then use adhesive / sealant with rivets to fill the gap. I also opened up a few of the hex holes in the grill.
In my opinion, it doesn’t look too bad. Now my inlet temperature does not rise that high(even at idle) and cools much quicker when driving.

If anything is possible, my proposed solution is that Steeda could design and sell a new CAI that will seal against the hood insulation. Additionally Steeda could design and sell a tall bulb type seal kit or other solution that current Steeda owners could purchase to seal the CAI from the hot engine bay.

THIS.

IATs getting up to high 150's may seem normal to someone, but when the car isn't getting enough intake air to cool down in slower traffic, those of us driving stress out. Especially since stock and aftermarket closed air boxes don't generally exhibit the same issues.

Granted, it's been high 90's/100's in FL in recent weeks but I've seen a couple people like WildFire here that have made a rigged up solution that works. There shouldn't be any reason that Steeda can't come up with a real solution here. I'd suggest some type of high-temp memory foam that will conform and seal to the hood perfectly after it gets "molded" in.

Now for my own suggestions...

A neoprene seatbelt pad sleeve with Steeda on it would be cool. Roush has some out there. I've been using a generic black one.

If Steeda came out with their own intake to compete with the GT350 and CobraJet intakes that will fit under the hood and strut tower brace without modifications and is optimized for road racing type applications I'd be seriously interested.

When I was talking with Rod last year and they did some track testing on it it didn't seem like him or Dario were all that impressed by the GT350 compared to stock at the time. Maybe that's changed with new tuning methods. At any rate, it would be great to see some more performance parts out there.

And TJ, check your PMs. I've got wheel/tire questions for ya.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
THIS.

IATs getting up to high 150's may seem normal to someone, but when the car isn't getting enough intake air to cool down in slower traffic, those of us driving stress out. Especially since stock and aftermarket closed air boxes don't generally exhibit the same issues.

Granted, it's been high 90's/100's in FL in recent weeks but I've seen a couple people like WildFire here that have made a rigged up solution that works. There shouldn't be any reason that Steeda can't come up with a real solution here. I'd suggest some type of high-temp memory foam that will conform and seal to the hood perfectly after it gets "molded" in.

Now for my own suggestions...

A neoprene seatbelt pad sleeve with Steeda on it would be cool. Roush has some out there. I've been using a generic black one.

If Steeda came out with their own intake to compete with the GT350 and CobraJet intakes that will fit under the hood and strut tower brace without modifications and is optimized for road racing type applications I'd be seriously interested.

When I was talking with Rod last year and they did some track testing on it it didn't seem like him or Dario were all that impressed by the GT350 compared to stock at the time. Maybe that's changed with new tuning methods. At any rate, it would be great to see some more performance parts out there.

And TJ, check your PMs. I've got wheel/tire questions for ya.
We understand your concerns, when you put a cover on top of the air box you are restricting the flow of air to the filter and therefore reducing the horsepower potential.

We have done many of tests & sold many of these CAIs to customers & even to the OEM.

Please note, your recommendations do not go un-noticed & I still send them through to our engineers & product development team.

PM responded too.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
resonator delete for the ecoboost.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to be one of few... An actual good intercooler for the Ecoboost. And sell it in the UK rather than the utter shite we get over here.

Other things:

Engine dress up (Someone mentioned above, like that idea).
Engine dress up caps (for the oil/Brake fluid/water etc)
Steeda decklid
Engine dress up, Steeda covers for rockers etc.
Front adjustable camber plates, mounts, etc.
Decent downpipe for ecoboost? (2.25/3/2.5" variants with adjustable size clamps)

ANything you've done for the rear but could also do for the front suspension wise - that ;)!

Oh... Custom supercharger for the V8 boys

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
GT350 style rear spoiler would be good. obviously not an exact copy but one of that style

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
RHD Cars have the oil cooler re-positioned and its a weak point of the car.

So an improved oil cooler would be great, even better if it was an oil-air cooler unlike the current watercooled one which when it goes bad intermixes with coolant causing all kinds of issue.

So RHD oil to air cooler please. You have a UK operation and access to cars, so come on guys, get it done, you will have demand for 100's plus of them as many owners are worried not if their oil cooler will fail, but when it will fail.

Mine failed, luckily caught it before it leaked much, but many have not being so lucky.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
strut brace that fits over super chargers
spherical - spherical vert links (like the BMR ones but cheaper :) )

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Engine cover adaptor plates for fitting stock engine cover on top of the GT350 Intake Manifold. Similar to ones someone fabricated and posted in this forum but I couldn't find again.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Good feedback - our R & D Team is continuously monitoring for ideas!

Keem em coming.

TJ

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I would like a set of hub-centric spacers that would move the wheels out just a little bit, say 10mm or so? Ideally I'd be able to put the spacer on and still use the stock lug nuts. I'm looking for just a slightly wider than normal stance.

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Good feedback - our R & D Team is continuously monitoring for ideas!

Keem em coming.

TJ
I feel quite sorry because I can' make a contribution for new ideas.
But I can give some Feedback and a big thank you from over the Pond in Germany.
ALL -repeating- ALL Steeda Parts in my 2017 GT convertible Mustang proved to be top. Extended Drive with Full Speed Autobahn (175mph + ) tested.

I have installed: g-Trac k member brace, Double bar strut tower brace, Convertible jacking rails, rear subframe alignment kit, rear Vertical Links, and the rear non adjustable camber arms.

The spherical bearings for the rear lower Control arm and the Front Control arm are still on my List. They will be ordered and installed before next spring.

Other Parts installed: a KW Version 3 coilover kit (which I believe to be the best Choice up to now) a pair of Eibach adjustable sway bars and a Set of Tec GT6 Wheels (10x20" Offset 37mm Front and rear with Michelin Pilot supersport 265/35R20 Front and 285/35R20 rear)

What is missing: Steeda spherical bearings for the knuckle-to-toe link. Will have to buy them from Full Tilt boogie if Steeda doesn't issue them. :headbonk:
Sponsored