• Total voters

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
I've asked earlier for more information about CAI's and I'm ready to order one now. It's between these 3, Steeda, Roush or JLT.

JLT : I like how you can get it customized to the color of the vehicle.

Steeda : As always, great reviews over here. Also, they claim they have the highest gains in term of HP and Torque.

Roush : Can be used without a tune, even though, I will be getting a tune. Also, since it's Roush it won't give me any problems with the dealer later (just in case). They'd probably think they installed it.

All of them are priced similarly, and they all seem to be of high quality.

I'll be ordering from Lethal Performance since they're the only ones offering international shipping. I will go with the SCT Programmer and Lund Racing custom tune.

Which intake would you choose, which tune would you choose, and why?

Thanks, I really appreciate the information you've been providing me.

Also, if it makes any difference the only mods on the car is a set of springs and a catback.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Steeda or Roush..

Steeda quality is fantastic and you can always paint it if you want. A couple of members have. Very happy with mine. Although I have a steeda tune, not lund but either way get the steeda :p

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Go with the nGauge if you want a more refined tune from Lund. My car rips with the mods in my sig

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Steeda or Roush.. personal preference but I don't care for jlt(the company).

Steeda quality is fantastic and you can always paint it if you want. A couple of members have. Very happy with mine. Although I have a steeda tune, not lund but either way get the steeda :p
Unless it's an option, I'm not going to paint the tube, it's not a deal breaker for me. I've read how everyone likes the Steeda. I can always order the intake and tuner separately, and get a tune from Steeda. Is it better than Lund, or how exactly would a tune be different? It's also $50 more, but I assume it's because it's lifetime.

Go with the nGauge if you want a more refined tune from Lund. My car rips with the mods in my sig
It'll be easier for me to get SCT since there's a dealer here, and I'm not sure yet which tune I'll go for.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Unless it's an option, I'm not going to paint the tube, it's not a deal breaker for me. I've read how everyone likes the Steeda. I can always order the intake and tuner separately, and get a tune from Steeda. Is it better than Lund, or how exactly would a tune be different? It's also $50 more, but I assume it's because it's lifetime.
i paid 570 for the steeda+x4+steeda tune package on pre bf sale so it's why i choose it over lund. lund might get you a few more hp's but so far i don't really need a new tstat with steeda tune like a lot of people are saying you need with lund. steeda is probably the more milder tune which is fine for me. it's just all in what you want.

it's the same tune btw whether you flash the car with ngauge or x4 with a lund tune. there is nothing magically different about the tune just because it's on a ngauge vs x4. ngauge just does more logging, gauges, and gimmicky stuff...most which a $5 obd2 port adapter and an app on your phone can do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
i paid 570 for the steeda+x4+steeda tune package on pre bf sale so it's why i choose it over lund. lund might get you a few more hp's but so far i don't really need a new tstat with steeda tune like a lot of people are saying you need with lund. steeda is probably the more milder tune which is fine for me. it's just all in what you want.

it's the same tune btw whether you flash the car with ngauge or x4 with a lund tune. there is nothing magically different about the tune just because it's on a ngauge vs x4. ngauge just does more logging, gauges, and gimmicky stuff...most which a $5 obd2 port adapter and an app on your phone can do.
That's a great deal I'd have to say!

Why would you need a new thermostat? Could you clarify this part please.

I'm a bit worried about tuning the ECU, I'm considering getting the Steeda without tune.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Comp orange, our favorite!

The JLT intake kit is a very simple install, kit requires very little assembly.

There's been about a dozen independent test from well known shops on different packages with proven power gains.

Nice chatting with you earlier on the phone!
Comp Orange Carbon.jpg
Comp.JPG

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Comp orange, our favorite!

The JLT intake kit is a very simple install, kit requires very little assembly.

There's been about a dozen independent test from well known shops on different packages with proven power gains.

Nice chatting with you earlier on the phone!
Hey there! Thanks for all the info earlier. It's a shame I cannot order directly from you. Lethal Performance gave me an estimate but I'm still waiting for their final quotation.

Rig Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
JLT plus Tune

Well engineered, well built, quality kit with S&B air filter. Great air flow. The tune (SCT X4 Tuner) gives the car great power without being overly aggressive and potentially harming the engine. Highly recommended.
JLT_CO.jpg

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=13205]Kashawy[/MENTION] nice speaking with you, working on what we talked about as we speak. You'll notice there are many happy Steeda customers on here :)

Sponsored

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That's a great deal I'd have to say!

Why would you need a new thermostat? Could you clarify this part please.

I'm a bit worried about tuning the ECU, I'm considering getting the Steeda without tune.

Lund tunes the fans to come on sooner (lower temp) than stock which causes them to run more often/longer unless you put in a 170 deg tstat. If you swap to the 170 then the fans run the same as stock but your engine will operate at an overall lower temp than stock.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
since we're throwing pics around :p

mine

another member's who did paint it

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Steeda nuff said, really no discussion...Amazing product, amazing customer service, and they won't bash you on the internet (not saying any names look that baby up).
Sponsored