Sponsored

Steeda Vertical Links Install: FAIL.

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Easy job right? Only 2 bolts. Right? Well they just wouldn't line up. Either I would get the top one in and the bottom wouldn't or I would get the bottom one in and the top not. Despite jacking in various places, body, under the knuckle, rubber mallet, pry bar etc.----Just a total NOGO! And mine didn't come with any grease.

After 3 Hours I gave up and decided to put the OEM part back on. Bolted right in and torqued to spec. Took all of 2 minutes. Wasted afternoon. Very disappointed. Was going to install the sub-frame brace, but had no more time nor patience for Steeda today.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let me check into this for you with our install team - see what may be taking place in order to help you install.

I will let you know as soon as I hear.

Best Regards,

TJ

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Its the installer, not the part. Took my 35 min to install mine and used a jack to jack up lca a tad.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
You have to twist the rear knuckle, I used a 2 foot crowbar for leverage. Get the tool bolt in first. It can be a pita, but it will fit.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Had some trouble with mine too but finally got them lined up. Had it on a lift too, but still had problems. Can't imagine doing it in my driveway.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda's vertical links have a very tight tolerance and aren't as easy as the Boomba poly or spherical options to install. Watch the CJ Pony Parts install video for how to line things up. I struggled myself, but got it done. I feel ya, but these are the right vertical links for the job. I have had Boomba and BMR spherical before... these were right in my mix.

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Had some trouble with mine too but finally got them lined up. Had it on a lift too, but still had problems. Can't imagine doing it in my driveway.
I was using a jack and jack stands. My crow bar was just too long to get any kind of leverage.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Took me longer to pull the wheel off than to install the verts on each side. Rubber hammer and a screw driver to line up the holes for future reference.:cheers:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Might be time to change the headline - I get nervous every time I see it lol.
Sponsored