Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hi All - This is Chris, the Marketing Director at Steeda Autosports. I’d like to take this opportunity to set a couple things straight. We hear your concerns, and appreciate your bringing them up.

First off, I feel a clarification is in order. There are two entities at play here: Steeda Autosports (parts) and Steeda Performance Vehicles (vehicles). The wheel release initially posted in this thread is a Steeda Autosports wheel release. The Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt wheels mentioned later in this thread are under the Steeda Performance Vehicles umbrella.

Next, the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt wheels…. I hear you. And even since I came on board with the Steeda Autosports team in late 2019, these wheels have been on my radar. Not to mention, the struggles of short staff in 2020 and supply chain issues of 2021 are certainly no secret.

Here’s the good news - We fully intend to release an iteration of these wheels to the public. We have for a while. Here’s the better news - I’m happy to report we have multiple pallets of these wheels currently sitting in our warehouse ready for marketing, promotion and ultimately distribution to you!

I’m sorry this has been an ordeal and not clearly communicated. There have been multiple challenges behind the scenes, licensing being the latest hurdle.

But I will see it through that this is made right. If you are interested in an iteration of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt wheel for your Mustang, please shoot me a DM and I will get you in touch with a salesperson when we’re able to finally release them on Steeda.com.

The wheel dropping September 7th is a totally different project Steeda Autosports has been working on internally - we’re very excited to release this wheel, and are proud of the challenges overcome during the past 18 months with the current world climate. We hope you’ll be as happy as we are once you see them on the 7th (or at Mustang Week…)
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I know we are in the dog days of summer but why does every post have to turn into a bitch session? A valued forum sponsor posts about an exciting new releases and all some of you can do is complain about how one wheel was released. OK, I get it, some of you really wanted it. But it didn't happen, at least in the past, so get over it. There may have been some good behind the scenes reasons for why it didn't happen. And they may have been good reasons for why Steeda could not be forthcoming about. Time to move on. Or, at least wait until 9/7. :giggle: :like:
Ahh, but the entertainment value.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi All - This is Chris, the Marketing Director at Steeda Autosports. I’d like to take this opportunity to set a couple things straight. We hear your concerns, and appreciate your bringing them up.

First off, I feel a clarification is in order. There are two entities at play here: Steeda Autosports (parts) and Steeda Performance Vehicles (vehicles). The wheel release initially posted in this thread is a Steeda Autosports wheel release. The Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt wheels mentioned later in this thread are under the Steeda Performance Vehicles umbrella.

Next, the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt wheels…. I hear you. And even since I came on board with the Steeda Autosports team in late 2019, these wheels have been on my radar. Not to mention, the struggles of short staff in 2020 and supply chain issues of 2021 are certainly no secret.

Here’s the good news - We fully intend to release an iteration of these wheels to the public. We have for a while. Here’s the better news - I’m happy to report we have multiple pallets of these wheels currently sitting in our warehouse ready for marketing, promotion and ultimately distribution to you!

I’m sorry this has been an ordeal and not clearly communicated. There have been multiple challenges behind the scenes, licensing being the latest hurdle.

But I will see it through that this is made right. If you are interested in an iteration of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt wheel for your Mustang, please shoot me a DM and I will get you in touch with a salesperson when we’re able to finally release them on Steeda.com.

The wheel dropping September 7th is a totally different project Steeda Autosports has been working on internally - we’re very excited to release this wheel, and are proud of the challenges overcome during the past 18 months with the current world climate. We hope you’ll be as happy as we are once you see them on the 7th (or at Mustang Week…)
Chris,

First, not to derail this thread further from the other wheel announcement, but many thanks for the clarity posted above - it’s probably the first real info provided in quite some time.

Second, post an image of a pallet of the McQueen wheels, or it hasn’t happened…. LOL - just had to get that in there. 🤣

Suggestion to your employees who are also members of this site:
Have them indentify in their sig or the left side bar profile info if they are in the “Steeda Autosports (parts)” or “Steeda Performance Vehicles (vehicles)” sector.

Here’s the other thing too:
Steeda is Steeda, you all work under the same Corp. Entity. It’s easy and simple enough for a Steeda “parts” guy to relay back through your email channels to the “vehicles” team for assistance needed when such questions arise on forums. Heck, like @Schwerin mentioned in his multiple responses above - this McQueen wheel issue has been an ongoing loopty-loop now for at least a good 2-3 years of no clarity AFTER the Steeda McQueen edition was announced and those wheels were obviously a huge hit with the M6G forum. It would have been so much better IF the “parts” folks would have taken it a step further to getting the “vehicles” folks involved online instead of the constant “lead on” to essentially dead air, side-stepped answers, or emoji responses to let everyone then guess “what does that mean?”.

Don’t take the above as a jab or as being offensive, take it as a learning session and pass it along internally for better communication needed on forums.

Aside from the Steeda McQueen wheels, I’ve also asked several times in the Bullitt sub-forum on here as to how many McQueen Editions were or have actually been produced. We know there was the media release and a limited figure announced, but was that figure actually met by total true sales or are there less actually out in the wild? But again those questions go by the way side as well. Can you provide any insight?

OP
OP
TeamSteeda

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Chris,

First, not to derail this thread further from the other wheel announcement, but many thanks for the clarity posted above - it’s probably the first real info provided in quite some time.

Second, post an image of a pallet of the McQueen wheels, or it hasn’t happened…. LOL - just had to get that in there. 🤣

Suggestion to your employees who are also members of this site:
Have them indentify in their sig or the left side bar profile info if they are in the “Steeda Autosports (parts)” or “Steeda Performance Vehicles (vehicles)” sector.

Here’s the other thing too:
Steeda is Steeda, you all work under the same Corp. Entity. It’s easy and simple enough for a Steeda “parts” guy to relay back through your email channels to the “vehicles” team for assistance needed when such questions arise on forums. Heck, like @Schwerin mentioned in his multiple responses above - this McQueen wheel issue has been an ongoing loopty-loop now for at least a good 2-3 years of no clarity AFTER the Steeda McQueen edition was announced and those wheels were obviously a huge hit with the M6G forum. It would have been so much better IF the “parts” folks would have taken it a step further to getting the “vehicles” folks involved online instead of the constant “lead on” to essentially dead air, side-stepped answers, or emoji responses to let everyone then guess “what does that mean?”.

Don’t take the above as a jab or as being offensive, take it as a learning session and pass it along internally for better communication needed on forums.

Aside from the Steeda McQueen wheels, I’ve also asked several times in the Bullitt sub-forum on here as to how many McQueen Editions were or have actually been produced. We know there was the media release and a limited figure announced, but was that figure actually met by total true sales or are there less actually out in the wild? But again those questions go by the way side as well. Can you provide any insight?
No problem. I’m always open to constructive criticism. And promise you this topic has been and still is a priority of mine. As I’ve mentioned already and to be completely transparent - the unclear communication that made it out to our customer base over the past three years was unnecessary and could’ve been easily avoided. I’m sorry for those that have been patiently waiting for these wheels, but I’m happy that I finally have some good news for you folks.

As for the Steve McQueen Bullitt sales numbers, unfortunately, I can’t share that information as it’s proprietary.

And lastly, here’s your picture so you know I’m serious about this. Snapped this morning. :wink:

F1280D31-B348-4F14-AAEA-C9E38A5CD099.jpeg

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They're coming... 9.7.21

More Info: https://www.steeda.com/they-are-coming-9721

Teaser #2

Teaser #1
Hey Chris, Any idea on price point?
I need to purchase a set of wheels for winter and I was about to pull the trigger on American Muscle but now I'm intrigued by your new release.
$315 per wheel is my max... will it be in that price range or more?
Also will it be available in 19"?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TeamSteeda

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey Chris, Any idea on price point?
I need to purchase a set of wheels for winter and I was about to pull the trigger on American Muscle but now I'm intrigued by your new release.
$315 per wheel is my max... will it be in that price range or more?
Also will it be available in 19"?
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised! If I were you, I’d hold off till the release so you can make an educated decision.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo

Thank you Chris. That's all I needed to hear. This is probably the best answer anyone can give, along with the picture of the pallets. Thank you very much. You're much appreciated. Since this thread is suppose to be about another type of wheel, I too look forward to this reveal on 9.7.2021. It's nice to see other available wheel options.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised! If I were you, I’d hold off till the release so you can make an educated decision.
Chris, the feed shows pre-order
When will these be expected to ship?

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Am I missing something here or we don’t know which sizes are going to be available?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Am I missing something here or we don’t know which sizes are going to be available?
We'll know everything next week I'm guessing.

OP
OP
TeamSteeda

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)