Sponsored

Steeda Throttle Body Spacer w/ Denso ITV22

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Finally changed out plugs at 16.5k and did the TB spacer at the same time. Both are easy, plug and play mods. I've been averaging 25 mpg since the car was tuned about a year ago. I will update MPG and seat-of-the-pants horsepower gains at 500 and 1000 miles.
image.jpg
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
throttle body spacers are nothing but a placebo on anything that isn't carbed, especially on a forced induction setup.... spark plugs are a negligible thing, and even on a intake/exhaust/intercooler/downpipe/catback ecoboost, the stock plugs in the stock heat range would suffice.

but TB spacers and spark plugs are great ways for vendors to generate cheap income.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
throttle body spacers are nothing but a placebo on anything that isn't carbed, especially on a forced induction setup.... spark plugs are a negligible thing, and even on a intake/exhaust/intercooler/downpipe/catback ecoboost, the stock plugs in the stock heat range would suffice.

but TB spacers and spark plugs are great ways for vendors to generate cheap income.
I would have to disagree with you on the spark plugs. I have everything you listed except I also have a wastegate actuator, all 4 cylinders knocked a lot until I did my plugs at 6k miles.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
spark plugs regardless are maintenance, not mods, and if you had knock, then you'd have a ton of negative corrections or holes in your pistons, either way it should have been addressed with Ford.

FWIW, I have all the listed mods on my Focus ST which of course is in the Ecoboost family, and have no negative corrections on 93 octane, and it's protuned, not on a cobb map. i've seen plenty of misgapped plugs on peoples cars. regap and the issue goes away.

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto

You will be surprised how much smoother it runs with correctly gapped plugs across the board.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
You will be surprised how much smoother it runs with correctly gapped plugs across the board.
haha, hell yes! :lol: but you can regap stock.

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
haha, hell yes! :lol: but you can regap stock.
I guess my take is... why are the plugs from factory have the gap all over the place...???? :ford:

I changed mine out at 800 miles and improvement was immediately noticeable.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
None of my stock plugs had the correct gap nor were either two the same. As far as throttle body spacers go you can argue all you want but plenty of people have reported increase in MPG after installing. Now is that because of the TSB or something else who knows but they are benefiting from it so in their eyes it was worth the purchase.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
None of my stock plugs had the correct gap nor were either two the same. As far as throttle body spacers go you can argue all you want but plenty of people have reported increase in MPG after installing. Now is that because of the TSB or something else who knows but they are benefiting from it so in their eyes it was worth the purchase.
Believe me, if Ford could get even .5mpg from a TB spacer, it would have been installed from the factory. With current CAFE regs, the manufacturers need all the mpg's they can get fleet wide. So, I call bull on the TB spacers on DI turbo motors.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Believe me, if Ford could get even .5mpg from a TB spacer, it would have been installed from the factory. With current CAFE regs, the manufacturers need all the mpg's they can get fleet wide. So, I call bull on the TB spacers on DI turbo motors.
You calling bull doesn't negate the fact that people have experienced an increase in mpg after installing one...like I said doesn't prove or disprove that it's directly from the TSB.

Sponsored

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
It's hard to call bull on parts based on the fact that they are not used by the manufacturer. There gotta be a better reasoning before calling bull on stuff. Personally I don't know if TBS would help or not. This is something I would also like to see the testing results rather than jumping to conclusion based on assumptions.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
weird how in the more expensive to purchase/own GT section it's known and accepted as snake oil, but over in the ecoboost section where the cars are cheaper, the age of ownership is quite a bit lower, and it's "affordable" it's a legit mod. It's just like this on the FoST/FiST forums (both are sub 25k cars, unless it's a loaded FoST.

I've always figured this was because the cars are cheaper, the owners are younger, and they aren't as "experienced" and will throw anything at a car to make it better/faster/stronger even when not needed. Not throwing shade, I was once in my teens and early 20's and threw stupid amounts of money at my cars in the past.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
weird how in the more expensive to purchase/own GT section it's known and accepted as snake oil, but over in the ecoboost section where the cars are cheaper, the age of ownership is quite a bit lower, and it's "affordable" it's a legit mod. It's just like this on the FoST/FiST forums (both are sub 25k cars, unless it's a loaded FoST.

I've always figured this was because the cars are cheaper, the owners are younger, and they aren't as "experienced" and will throw anything at a car to make it better/faster/stronger even when not needed. Not throwing shade, I was once in my teens and early 20's and threw stupid amounts of money at my cars in the past.
Trust me there are plenty of GT owners that are using one. You can't be serious with that stupid argument. I could have easily afforded a GT, price had absolute nothing to do with my purchase and I'm sure many others on here. There are people like this member:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38108
who have purchased a TSB and seen benefits from it. Your "expensive GT" coupled with all your so called "experience" doesn't change the fact they saw an increase in mpg....not throwing shade of course

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT

I fall into the category of young and inexperienced but I do notice a lot of ppl who coming in and stating things as fact when they couldn't even tell you the most basic thing about this car without doing an internet/forum search

But I also could have just as easily bought a GT. There are lot of GT owners on here who act like experts automatically just because they bought a GT

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto

You won't figure anything out with that kind of mindset. Stop ruling things out and look at it more objectively.
Sponsored