Steeda Sway Bar Review - 2wheel4me!

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I tried to ask this before, but didn't word it well.

For a non-PP car, without changing the stock springs, is there an advantage to installing these sway bars?

Or would a better start be to change springs?

Of course, changing all of it would be great, but don't want to sink that much into it at this point. Looking for best bang for the buck.
Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I tried to ask this before, but didn't word it well.

For a non-PP car, without changing the stock springs, is there an advantage to installing these sway bars?

Or would a better start be to change springs?

Of course, changing all of it would be great, but don't want to sink that much into it at this point. Looking for best bang for the buck.
Honestly you will notice an improvement if you do either the springs or sway bars but because of what needs to be done to install them if you are planning on doing the both you really should do it all at once.

They will have to remove your front struts to install the front sway bar so it will only add about 1 hours to install the springs at the same time. If you wait it will essentially double your labor costs.

On a non PP car my guess is that the sway bars would show the most noticeable improvement compared to the springs but the springs still improve handling quite a bit and the drop from the springs looks absolutely great. I believe the springs are 20% off again right now too. If you can wait a few more weeks or whatever you need to do it all at once I recommend that. It's about $500 for springs and sway bars and then about $550 to install both as opposed to $400 to install the springs and then another $400 for the sway bars.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Did everyone have to unbolt the strut to get the front bar out and in? The instructions say it "may" need to be done.

And the front bar is a beast, thick and solid steel. The rear is hollow, large diameter but not too heavy.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Follow-on to this one. Installing the front swaybar is a job, too k me over 2 hours for the front bar. Using a 1/2" drive ratchet and a lot of extensions you can get 3 of the bracket bolts out from the engine compartment fairly easy. The rear bolt on the driver side will need a ratchet wrench.

On jackstands in my garage I did not need to disconnect the strut. I did take the skidplate off to make fishing the bar out and in easier. It took some wiggling but it came out.

Rear bar was simple in comparison, with aftermarket exhaust you can just drop it right out the bottom.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sway bars help body roll but they are more for balance. If you want to get rid of roll get the springs first. Mustangs push like fat pigs from the factory. During autocrosses my previous Mustang would plow and shutter through hard corners, it was so easy to over drive it. Then I added a rear sway bar. No more understeer, no more chattering, skidding or plowing forward. The car just turned. It was like a breath of fresh air. This one part was the difference between 10th and 1st in class.

I promised myself I'd autocross once first before I got bars but I'm sure after my first run I'll be ordering these steeda bars on my phone before I even get my helmet off.

Sponsored

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I purchased Steeda's front and rear sway bar kit and finally got around to installing them a few weeks ago.

After pushing my car's handling capabilities on the track, and going on a few canyon runs, I can definitely recommend it! Improved bodyroll and extremely confidence inspiring on turns. They definitely make a huge difference as far as handling goes and its worth every penny.

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
I installed mine today. The front bar removal wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Just pull then check where it's hung up, move it past the obstruction, then pull and repeat. Comes right out. We still have crappy driving conditions (20 deg when I test drove) so I didn't push it but you can tell the ride is great - not far off stock with the middle stiffness setting. Nice little project with great benefits!

EDIT: I used jack stands and I did not remove the strut.

This thing's starting to feel like a genuine performance car.

Last edited:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Yes, indeed!

Stang_Gang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP Magnetic
Just installed Steeda Sport Springs, G-Trac K-Member Brace, Sway Bars, IRS Bushings and Strut Tower Brace today, the ride and handling is great!
Handles like it's on rails and still has a decent level of comfort over bumps surprisingly enough. Cornering seems exceptional and the launch seems improved.
I'll know more over the next few days as I test the handling capabilities/characteristics. All parts were installed at the same time so it's a little difficult to identify
the individual handling improvements of each part. I can only say that handling is vastly improved as I expected it would be! The parts were of high quality and the
stance of the car now looks aggressive!

I used the middle setting for the front and rear sway bars, hope that doesn't effect anything adversely??? Anyone have any information on using that setting yet??

I'll post some pics over next few days......

Thanks to Dave from Steeda for all the info on this purchase!!

Chris
Sponsored