Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

If you are on the fence ... I just wanted to pass along this review!

Despite TNcoupe's good advice, I had the dealer install the sways at the minimum setting, figuring that I can easily change it to stiffer if and when desired.

I am stunned by the improvement over the springs alone while driving the canyons at speed. Yet another major dollop of confidence with far more stable turn entry, execution, and power out without nervousness or float induced by road imperfections mid-turn. The ride is a bit firmer for sure, but bumps end sooner with almost no rebound-y ringing anymore - hit bump, then the bump is over immediately without drama. No bobbing.

Do it folks. This is the set up the perf pack should have been. Now the chassis is a much better match to the marvelous powertrain.

Great job, Steeda (and Ford); wonderful combo.

Also did the post-break-in change to Mobil One Extended Performance Full Synthetic 5W20 that I bought at Walmart. The dealer did it for $20 including the oil filter!
http://www.steeda.com/2015-swaybars/

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Finally got to really feel mine out today as it was 58 and sunny here. Softest setting is awesome. Gonna go up one notch on both tomorrow and take it out Monday. With the springs and sway bars the car has zero body roll in the corner and they eliminated the terrible entry to mid corner rear wiggle the PP exhibits. Im ready to auto x and track day this thing now. Now I just have to decide on wheels and tires. Hoosier R6s??

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Finally got to really feel mine out today as it was 58 and sunny here. Softest setting is awesome. Gonna go up one notch on both tomorrow and take it out Monday. With the springs and sway bars the car has zero body roll in the corner and they eliminated the terrible entry to mid corner rear wiggle the PP exhibits. Im ready to auto x and track day this thing now. Now I just have to decide on wheels and tires. Hoosier R6s??
That is great to hear! Well done Steeda:cheers:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Drove one of my carguy buddies around our twisty backroads quite quickly today and he was blown away, agreeing that it handles far better and flatter than he thought possible with a firm but good ride. He is no Mustang fanboy, either, but he is quickly changing his mind.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Drove one of my carguy buddies around our twisty backroads quite quickly today and he was blown away, agreeing that it handles far better and flatter than he thought possible with a firm but good ride. He is no Mustang fanboy, either, but he is quickly changing his mind.
How does the Mustang feel after these changes vs. your Porsche S? Not sure what your P car has done to it:D

Sponsored

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
How does the Mustang feel after these changes vs. your Porsche S? Not sure what your P car has done to it:D
Well, it was after back-to-back testing that I decided on the sway bars. As much as the springs helped the Mustang a LOT, there was still some bobbing and residual roll that felt more prominent after driving the incredible (no exaggeration) Porsche 2013 Carrera S (custom built with lotsa goodies, but no further mods), with adjustable damping set to "Sport".

Now the GT is much closer to providing the extreme confidence that the Porsche has on back roads at speed. Ford used the same car as mine as a benchmark during design. But they obviously softened much of the suspension, yet matched the structural integrity and came close with suspension geometry, from a potential performance standpoint. It just needs tweaks such as Steeda has supplied, especially given its relative heft. The car drives really well now when pushed, even through tight s-turns and downhill off-camber turns as well, two very tough tests. Steering is more exact and progressive, and little steering input is needed on irregular pavement to keep the car straight. Mid corner bumps are dealt with quickly and create little to no drama. Huge improvement.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Well, it was after back-to-back testing that I decided on the sway bars. As much as the springs helped the Mustang a LOT, there was still some bobbing and residual roll that felt more prominent after driving the incredible (no exaggeration) Porsche 2013 Carrera S, (custom built with lotsa goodies, but no further mods) with adjustable damping set to "Sport".

Now the GT is much closer to providing the extreme confidence that the Porsche has on back roads at speed. Ford used the same car as mine as a benchmark during design. But they obviously softened much of the suspension, yet matched the structural integrity and came close with suspension geometry, from a potential performance standpoint. It just needs tweaks such as Steeda has supplied, especially given its relative heft. The car drives really well now when pushed, even through tight s-turns and downhill off-camber turns as well, two very tough tests. Steering is more exact and progressive, and little steering input is needed on irregular pavement to keep the car straight. Mid corner bumps are dealt with quickly and little to no drama. Huge improvement.
Thanks, John!! Great to hear.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Did you do both front and rear sway bars?

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Did you do both front and rear sway bars?
Yes, figured Steeda had done enough R&D with both bars and the springs to offer them as a combo so I went ahead and did all of it at once.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I just got my Steeda springs and sway bars installed last weekend and I love them. Even coming from the performance pack there was a noticeable difference in handling(travis@boostworks set the sway bars on the middle setting for me). I haven't noticed any increase in NVH and honestly it might have gotten slightly better but I can't be sure. I know that my lady hasn't complained at all, so it must be alright ;)

The only thing I would say is before the springs settle the drop looked a little bit off in the front. After about 4-5 days though it looked absolutely magnificent. I haven't taken any more pictures yet since the install but I am scheduled to get my Roush SC installed at the end of the month so I think I'll go ahead and take some more then.

Also, I wanted to thank Patrick @ Steeda for helping me out with buying everything and answering a few questions about a christmas gift as well.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So I got to beat on mine like it owed me money today. Got up to 65deg and sunny so tires temps were good. Front it awesome on softest setting, Im gonna move up to the middle setting on the rear. The roads in East TN are perfect for some R&D.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I just got my Steeda springs and sway bars installed last weekend and I love them. Even coming from the performance pack there was a noticeable difference in handling(travis@boostworks set the sway bars on the middle setting for me). I haven't noticed any increase in NVH and honestly it might have gotten slightly better but I can't be sure. I know that my lady hasn't complained at all, so it must be alright ;)

The only thing I would say is before the springs settle the drop looked a little bit off in the front. After about 4-5 days though it looked absolutely magnificent. I haven't taken any more pictures yet since the install but I am scheduled to get my Roush SC installed at the end of the month so I think I'll go ahead and take some more then.

Also, I wanted to thank Patrick @ Steeda for helping me out with buying everything and answering a few questions about a christmas gift as well.
Great to hear!!

Is the ride height level from rear to front? I want to be sure the rear doesn't sag at all vs. the front.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Great to hear!!

Is the ride height level from rear to front? I want to be sure the rear doesn't sag at all vs. the front.
Initially it looked like the front was high compared to the back but after settling they are either level or a slight drop in the front compared to back.

It's not a lot if the front is even lower than the back(perception is a weird thing) but it looks really good.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Initially it looked like the front was high compared to the back but after settling they are either level or a slight drop in the front compared to back.

It's not a lot if the front is even lower than the back(perception is a weird thing) but it looks really good.
:cheers: good to hear.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Great to hear! Would love to see some pics!
Sponsored